Ratings for Dr. Gary L. Mucciolo

I was referred by my gyn. (great dr, btw), who does not deliver babies anymore. Experience with dr Mucciolo was of nightmare. Without long explanation I wouldn't comment on his medical skills since I am not an expert on those, but as a human being (including comments, actions, rushed wrong judgments, only interested in money) he is the worst case that there is. Stay away from him.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2015

Dr. Mucciolo is one of the best in his field and is highly regarded by his colleagues one of the best and is an expert in his field. He has delivered both of my boys and is delivering my third baby. He is EXTREMELY knowledgeable and cautious. Not a cowboy but not a textbook worm. He has practical knowledge and experience that he uses when treating his patients. He always goes the extra mile. I would recommend him in a heart beat. We are safe in his hands. I trust him immensely.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2014

I was referred by my gyn., who does not do OB. Mucciolo was very abrupt, rushed. At first exam, physically forced my legs open as I waited on the exam table. Sent for genetic testing, due to my age of 41. Results were not good, as pregnancy was a severe trisomy. Follow-up with Dr. Mucciolo for test results, and his advice, "You gotta get rid of this thing. This is a bad pregnancy." This was my FIRST pregnancy, so my world was already spinning. He scheduled the D&C at his "buddy's place", on a Saturday morning, "to avoid treating it as a serious hospital procedure." To the shock of my husband and I on arrival, this was actually an abortion clinic, with a waiting room packed full of women who did not want their pregnancies. Afterward, I woke from anesthesia barely covered by a sheet, in a room full of other women sitting, watching in recovery chairs, who'd all just been through the same insensitive scenario. Absolutely horrible experience. I never returned to Mucciolo again.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2013

I think he needs better staff. He is a great expert. Perhaps his office is disorganized, but that is what his secretary/nurse is there for. Don't think she is doing her job well though, which is a petty because he really is a great doctor and just needs someone to help him in the organization area (in fact I don't think he should be organizing anything, I think he needs to attend to his patients, which he does). His secretary is disorganized and drives anxiety levels up!!

flag | Submitted April 16, 2013

This was the most unorganized and unprofessional office. The staff/nurse (especially a woman named Joy) was horrendous and incredible rude. Dr. Mucciolo was knowledgeable and I thought I could stay with him purely on the fact that he seemed experience but his rudeness, disorganization, and lack of concern made me switch to another doctor. I was really disappointed because I was referred by my GYN (whom I adore). I hope now that I switched my anxiety level with my pregnancy will plummet. Good riddance!

flag | Submitted March 19, 2013

Very satisfied with the whole office especially the doctor..very helpful

flag | Submitted March 6, 2013

I highly recommend Dr. Mucciolo. He delivered both of my sisters ('89 and '92) and my baby as well. In addition he has done two surgeries on my mother. Dr. Mucciolo is a funny, caring and to-the-point doctor. He made me feel safe throughout my pregnancy and delivery was great. While at the hospital for my delivery, Dr. Mucciolo made sure everything was taken care of and that I was ok. I am very happy with Dr. Mucciolo he is a great doctor. I hope he never retires; I would like him to deliver all my children! Exceptional Doctors= Longer wait time. That’s just how it is.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2013

Dr. Mucciolo is a good doctors, I have been happy with him. He always addressed by concerns and answered my questions. BUT, his staff in the upper east side is so horrible(only one of them). Hope you won't get to talk to her. She screams on the phone and doesn't case about the patient's situation. She lacks of basic communication and client management skills. She can also hang up the phone and never reply back. probably she has personal problems and this is the way of her revenge. The other one is really good, sounds calms and nice. The only reason, I would change the doctors because of his staff, never met such bad behaved people.

flag | Submitted December 28, 2011

Fabulous, funny, thorough and the best. I was referred to him by dr. barnes and he also is a great GP. Everything is in office and highly professional.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2011

Do not see this doctor. My sister was misdiagnosed twice and I was given absolutely terrible advice that was borderline MEAN. STAY AWAY!

flag | Submitted August 26, 2011

Dr. Gary L. Mucciolo's Credentials

• New York Univ Sch Of Med, New York Ny 10016 (Grad. 1976)