Ratings for Dr. John P. Straetmans

After the first appointment, I wondered if he was a real psychiatrist. We spoke about my difficulty in concentration. He prescribed a drug that made it almost impossible to get out of bed. I went back for my next appointment only to see his waiting room filled with people . They filed in to see him for all of 3 minutes and left. I thought it was sooooo strange. Then one of the patients whispered to me that allll of these people were just there to renew prescriptions. What about therapy? ????

flag | Submitted January 8, 2016

Dr. Is flexible and willing to work with different medicines. Very good dr.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2015

Excellent Dr. He is prompt and professional. I am a busy business man and we have a great report. I have been seeing him for years and is perfect for me.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2015

Dr. Straetmans is rude condescending and completely unhelpful. He very angrily told me he was uncomfortable prescribing a medication without a prior diagnosis. Well it was in his file He had already prescribed a medication 45 days earlier. My visit was to discuss the current medication and get a refill on an existing medication. He refused to listen to my response to the medication he prescribed and be open to a different one that might have less side effects. My first visit he faced the wall the first 20 seconds of our conversation. I believe his only goal is to see as many patients as he can in a day without providing any opportunity for a 2 way conversation get your money get you out and get on to the next one. I've never met anyone in the medical field this rude, abrupt and unhelpful. Will definitely not ever be back to see him and recommend you not bother either. Find someone with a personality and who actually enjoys their profession.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2012

This was the only psychiatrist I ever fired. He would never allow an appointment to exceed five minutes, and when his claim wasn't filed fast enough, he refused to see me or refill my prescriptions. Even the risperdal I take for schizophrenia. A really classy guy.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2009

Dr. John P. Straetmans's Credentials

• Wayne State University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1988)

Sask Health