Ratings for Dr. JAMES L. Newlon

Caring, answers all questions, friendly, gives good references. Quite knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2014

Went in on 12/27/11 with severe case of gout, cold and impetigo. Spent about 2 minutes in the room and left. A nurse comes back in the room with several prescriptions. Newlon was not there to go over the prescriptions or answer any questions I might have regarding them. I was so dazed from the cold, the extreme gout pain and the nurse shuffling me out the door that I didn't take time to go over the prescriptions. I found out he gave me 20, 5mg percocets every 6 hrs for the gout pain. I tried it and it didn't work. He didn't give me a adequate amount of pain medicine to get through this gout episode. When I contacted his office 2 days later at 1:20p.m. to request a refiil I didn't get a response until 2 more calls than at 4:00p.m. a nurse said that was all the pain medicine he was going to prescribe. She suggested I take some aleve when I told her I was highly allergic to nsaids and that aleve was a nsaid she suggested that I go to the emergency room. I will never go back.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2011

Dr. JAMES L. Newlon's Credentials

• Univ Of Hlth Sci, Coll Of Osteo Med, Kansas City Mo 64124 (Grad. 1983)

Pacificare