Ratings for Dr. John H. Walker

Dr.Walker took the time to listen to me and diagnose my problem. He did not just rush through the process and recommend a course of treatment he was open and honest with explaining the condition and treatment. I have used Dr. walker on numerous occasions, He has always been very compassionate and concerned with diagnosis and treatment . He has performed surgery several times and hi s bedside manor is impeccable. I will continue to use Dr. Walker for all my orthopedic needs.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2017

Dr. Walker took time to listen to me and properly diagnose my condition. He was not in a hurry to just rotate me through - which has been my experience with other doctors in Huntsville. He explained the details of my condition and made sure I understood what was happening. He recommended a course of treatment based on "what he would do if it were him". I was very appreciateive of his friendliness and honesty. The staff was very friendly and the waiting area was very comfortable. I would recommend him to my friends and will return if I have any further issues with my hands.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2017

Dr Walker and staff are very professional, knowledgeable and pleasant. I have been going to this office almost a year now and after trying other options first I did have surgery on my hand last week. Dr Walker met with me before surgery answered any questions I had. I went back to have my stitches out yesterday, my recovery is going really well of course I have followed DDR Walker and his staff s instructions. I have never had to wait more than 5 minutes in the lobby to be called back, same time frame to see the nurse or Dr Walker. I do highly recommend this office, I hope I never have another illness but should I yes Dr Walker would be my first choice.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2016

I had to wait 4 months to get an appointment with Dr. Walker. At that time, I was given a 2:30 appointment time. I showed up 15 minutes early and 1 1/2 hours later, I was still in the waiting room. The staff shrugged when I asked them why they were seeing people out of order and when I finally had to leave, without being seen, they remarked that I should get an earlier appointment time next time. They had absolutely NO respect for my time and didn't even have enough respect to come out, explain that they were extremely over schedule, and offer to reschedule those that could not wait. The staff acted as though we, as patients, should just be grateful that he is willing to see us IF and WHEN his schedule permits. I had driven one hour to this appointment and by the time I took off work to make the drive to and from, I was out hundrededs of dollars. I can't say anything about his ability as a doctor but, I can say his business model is greatly flawed.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2011

Waited 1:45 past appt. time to see Dr. for 10 min. Seemed knowledgeable about his speciality.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2011

The postoperative treatment was totally inferior. Upon my arrival, I was told to remove my wrapping. Dr. Walker did not even look at my hand to check on the heeling process before the stitches were removed. The stitches were painfully removed after only 6 days, and the process took 2 nurses. I was instructed to wash my own hand in the sink as the 2nd nurse left. So I was alone in the room, and was so dizzy and light-headed from the pain of the stitches' removal that I almost fainted. I put my head down for awhile, and when I felt a bit better I washed my hand. The doctor came in about five minutes later, and I was too upset to even tell him what had happened. After 7 weeks, my wrist is still inflamed and sore.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2010

Very knowledgable, great bedside manner, very informative. He believes in trying the conservative treatments first. I live in another major city two hours away and happily drive to appointments in Huntsville with Dr. Walker. The staff are wonderful. The new building is beautiful. If you want to use the best hand surgeon - make an appointment with Dr. Walker.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2009

Outstanding source of helpful information. He showed me the x-rays, showed me exactly what was broken in my wrist and how badly it was broken, and what had to be surgically "fixed". My surgery and recovery went just as explained, with no problems and, after physical therapy at a facility he recommended, I once again have full function and full range of motion. Dr. Walker is also just a really nice guy.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2009

I really thought a lot of Dr. Walker when I first starting using him.Then I had to have hand surgery and I was told that it would either be the same or better. While after surgery it was worse. I went to therapy for almost a year. Then he recommended me to the Huntsvile pain clinic which was a nightmare. Because I would not do what he wanted the pain clinic to do with me, he got mad and would not see me no more and because of that the other doctors in the same building would not see me either concerning other health issues. I know have found someone who is working with me and he is a great doctor. But I do not recommend this doctor, plus make sure you check into everything before you have anything done.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2007

Very good and caring. Both hands had surgery and a year later , still fine.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2007

Dr. John H. Walker's Credentials

• University Of Alabama School Of Medicine (Grad. 1984)

Commercial Insurance Company