Ratings for Dr. Barry Wannan

Dr. Wannan is very helpful and knowledgeable. Sadly all too often he is let down by some staff who should provide more support. Patients booking appointments with Dr. Wannan should also confirm when booking should they want to see him personally and not a physician ;s assistant.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2018

Secretary is a real B$tch. Wrong field of work for someone so heartless.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2017

One of my patients visited my office. I had not see him in a few weeks. He was having great difficulty breathing and had chest pain. Over the past several weeks he had accumulated 40 lbs. of water retention. Six days prior to visiting my office he had visited Dr. Wannan worried about this enormous water retention. The doctor sent him home with no concern. I called an ambulance as this individual was in atrial fibrillation. I am not a doctor but I do know that water rentention to that degree is a very very very serious issue. I am horrified at the lack of concern this doctor had for this man's health. Absolutely not acceptable. It is important to remember the title Doctor does not make someone a competent care giver. In this case it is more than obvious. I would give zero stars.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2017

I've been trying to get help with physical and mental issues from him for years, all he can do is send me for blood tests and dodge questions. He should have retired a long time ago.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2017

good family doctor for me but for the lady i no he needs to treat her pain n memory issue with proper meds otherwise i like him hes not judge ,mental like other dr.s here

flag | Submitted January 12, 2016

Dr. Wannan was the only doctor that actually took the time to listen to me and diagnosed an illness for me that my old doctor had neglected for years. I found that he has listened well to MOST of my issues, but at the same time feel he is dismissive on others. It was during my stay in the hospital I had the most trouble, when he came in, did a quick assessment then left, saying he'd return to answer my questions but never came back. It was a few days before he came back to see me personally. My brother has been in the hospital under his care for months now, and is wanting to switch doctors due to the semi-neglect with his medications while in hospital and constant changing of insulins which has played havoc with his diabetes and made him unfit to return home. While this is a good doctor in the office, I feel other doctors would be more suitable for care in the hospital.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2015

Great doc for those of u who seem to think he's not try asking the right questions an u might find him more helpful then u imagined too many ppl fake all kinds of symptoms to get this pill or that pill if your serious about your issue he's the best

flag | Submitted July 3, 2015

Dr. Wannan left my mother laying in pain during her last 24 hours or so before passing away. The nurses called not just once but several times -- 1st told a time he would be up to re-evaluate her meds--family waited for hours past the time but he did not come nor call to say he was not coming. 2nd & subsequent times (different nurses) called while he was in Emergency & told he would be up later. Later never came. The nurse tried their best with what was available to make her as comfortable as possible. Just because a patient is elderly and palliative is no excuse to leave them in pain for an extended length of time. What happened to the promise when she went in hospital to "keep her comfortable"? I am angry beyond words at this treatment by a so called medical professional.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2014

I just noticed that Dr. Wannan's rating is 3.1 out of 5 and I now realize why it is so difficult to feel that he is treating you at all with enough care to help get you well. He hands out scripts for pills and walks away after barely listening to more than 1 or 2 ailments. Never has time for offering diagnosis or explaining about anything he doesn't want to hear about. He seems very short on time for properly caring about your progress or if there is anything more that can be done to have you become entirely free of your ailments. A GP doctor should be rated much closer to 5.0 to be considered a suitable choice. If not, it's definitely time for a change.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2013

Dr. Wannan delivered me and delivered mine. When I was having a miscarriage he tried everything to his ability to save the pregnancy but it just wasn't meant to be. I have been referred to a few doctors through him and am pleased with how he handled those sensitive topics. My last son was a miracle and a scary experience for all of us but Dr. Wannan gave the right advice and took the right actions to ensure that my youngest son is with us today. I am not looking forward to the day that he retires and having to have a new doctor. THANK-YOU Dr. Wannan for all your medical care and advice and for your always professional manner even if it was 3 in the morning!

flag | Submitted September 26, 2012