Ratings for Dr. Sheila J. Smith

I had severe lower back pain suspecting KIDNEY STONE. She examined me, ordered a urine and blood test to see if it was really a kidney stone that caused the problem. One week later the result came back and all she knew was that my LIVER ALT was high. KIDNEY STONE? Who knew? So she referred me to a urologist. Charged me $174.23 for that visit. That, I think, is why the healthcare cost in the US is so high. And now thanks to OBAMAcare, my premium went from $$686 to $796. Could someone please tell me why OBAMAcare is called Afforable Care Act?

flag | Submitted December 18, 2013

If you are looking for a doctor that will communicate with you outside the exam room, you should probably keep looking. I do not believe it is too much to ask to discuss lab results with the doctor, she will not do that, they will mail you the lab report and leave it to you to make sense of. I had to Google each thing to see what they meant. The wait times are typically 30 minutes past the appointment time. The overall office "feel" is that they can't be bothered with you.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2013

I have been going to see Dr Smith for years, and I think she is a great doctor. She has always been willing to listen to my concerns, and she makes sure that I get the correct medicines for my illnesses.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2013

Incompetent billing. The staff tell you one price then bill more. Doctor will not respond and leaves it up to incompetent staff.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2010

Dr. Sheila J. Smith's Credentials

• Oklahoma College Of Osteopathic Medicine And Surgery (Grad. 1978)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Lawrenceville, GA