Ratings for Dr. Alfred A. Williams

The staff is extremely rude, the older lady in the front is just rude. You would think with dealing with pregnant people they would be more understanding and patient. Instead they are stressful

flag | Submitted July 27, 2015

Dr. Williams delivered my second child 4 years ago, and my whole pregnancy went smoothly, even through I was high risk. I feel it was solely based on his expertise, and his kind/reassuring nature. I went in for a pap/physical a few weeks ago, after not seeing him for close to 3 years, and had zero wait time. I was pleasantly surprised to see all the same staff, even though 3 years had passed. They remembered who I was, and his nurse even remembered I had two boys, and asked how they were doing. I had wanted my IUD removed, and instead of making me come back for another appointment he removed it after my exam. He also did an ultrasound, it's something he always does for annual exams, which most OBGYN do not. I love that he uses preventive practices. 10 years ago my friend, who also saw Dr. Williams had an annual ultrasound, and a tumor was detected, which turned out to be early stage cervical cancer. If it hadn't been for that ultrasound she wouldn't have found out till much later down the road. She is cancer free, and attributes Dr. Williams to saving her life with his preventative approach. I cannot say enough good things about Dr. Williams, and his friendly staff. He will always take his time to answer all my questions in a kind, and knowledgable manner.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2015

Dr Williams is wonderful!! he was my dr for 20 yrs until our insurance changed and I had to switch...very sad day for me. he was not only my doctor but I was able to work with him in labor and delivery for 13 yrs. even though he was my ob/gyn and was supposed to delivery my last child 23 yrs ago that didn't happen because she came so fast (she came 30 mins after getting to hospital) and she was his first missed delivery : ( it's come full circle, he is now going to deliver her baby in May and I'll be sure he does not miss this one! lol. love him and Shelly!

flag | Submitted November 18, 2014

I had been recommended by a friend to Dr. Williams after my doctor retired. The very first visit, he asked if I wanted more kids, which I said no. He began pushing something called Essure (coils that go up in your tubes to prevent pregnancy). I said I wasn't interested. The next two visits resulted in him pushing Essure again, so much that he had his nurse call my insurance co to see if it was covered. He said there were "absolutely no side effects." WELL...Four weeks after implantation, I gained 15 pounds. My thyroid quit working. I felt horrible. So I did some research. Erin Brokovich is trying to have essure removed off of the FDA list because the coils move - some perforating ovaries, plus they are made of nickel, and contain carcinogens, which he NEVER MENTIONED! I have a nickel allergy and since I've had melanoma, he should never have recommended Essure to me. My insurance wouldn't cover removal (you have to have a c-section cut to remove, or a FULL hysto), however, I did confirm that they paid Dr, Williams his $2500 fee (for 15 mins of in-office work) as well as the manufacturer (another $2500). I was in such bad shape that my husband ended up paying $4500 out of pocket to have the surgery. When I went to Dr. Williams to see if he would sign off on paperwork to see if my insurance would reimburse me, he said no, and then sent me a bill for $190. BTW - after removal, I lost the 15 pounds AND my thyroid is 100% back to normal numbers. When I asked my friend who originally recommended him, she said he had talked her into Essure as well, and guess what? Her thyroid has shut down also. We are both contemplating legal recourse.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2014

Dr. Alfred Williams was great until it was delivery day. Every visit we discussed tying my tubes. I was clear I wanted them tied. After surgery a nurse casually mentioned he but metal clips on my tubes. I was never informed. I am severely allergic to metal especially titanium. If you call to complain, they act like it's too late now. My life has turned upside down by his negligence. I break out in hives daily, I have stabbing pain in my pelvis, I feel like my body is dying from the inside. I just want my life back and they refuse to help me. I would not recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2014

Dr. Williams have been my doctor for 16 years. He is extremely knowledgeable, is very corteous, sensitive to his patient's needs and has incredible bedside manner. During these years he has seen me for endometriosis treatment, yearly exams, surgeries, infertility treatment, delivery of my 3 children and hysterectomy. He has a great heart and is committed to what he does and it shows that he loves what he is doing. Love him and don't want to think of the day he will retire.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2013

Great Experience with staff and physician. Quickest visit and very thorough. Very clean environment and very professional and kind.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2013

Dr. Williams was great until delivery day. He dismissed all we discussed in my birth plan and was non-responsive during my labor. He told me I could use a saline lock and intermittent monitoring so as to be mobile/active during the birth but on labor day he made me lie in the bed on the left the whole time. He also made us stop playing uno cards so I could"concentrate on delivery" as if I could forget the pitocin drip he kept turning up every 30 minutes. Some of the nurses told me that he doesn't like when women do well with labor. They said I'd like he wants to see women in pain. I went thru 27 hours of pitocin with no pain killers only to end up needing a c- section because he broke my water too soon and my uterus was open for 21 hours when its not supposed to be open more than 10 hours for risk of uterine infection which I got causing the surgery and extra stay in the hospital. He never apologized cause he I'd afraid to admit guilt and risk a law suit. A sorry is all i ever wanted.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2013

Dr. Williams is wonderful, he is always able to answer any Question that I have. He did my sugery & delveierd our son .

flag | Submitted February 28, 2013

Iknow Dr,Williams for 7 years,he is very kind ,always. He provide the best service.i wish i can rate him a 100.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2013

Dr. Alfred A. Williams's Credentials

• Univ De Guayaquil, Fac De Cien Med, Guayaquil, Ecuador (Grad. 1979)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Lawrenceville, GA