Ratings for Dr. Madelaine Murad

We had to go to the After Hours Pediatrician, where she was working on the weekend. This was not her usual practice. Initial impression was that it was poorly run. The receptionist was hacking cough and sounded very ill. Both water fountains were broken, and my son was very thirsty. She never offered a cup of water after seeing us trying to use it and telling us it didn't function. Dr. Murad was a hot mess of a doctor. She's the classic urgent care doc and I hope to never see her again. She was rude from the get go, telling my my son didn't have a fever with a temperature of 99.6 on his forehead. I had just taken it rectally and it was 101.3 at home. When his strep next came back positive she spoke to me like I had never dealt with a sick child before, despite the fact that this was my youngest of four sons. His twin's strep test came back negative and she had the gall to tell me not to give him his brother's medicine, despite the fact that it is "oh so tempting." Rude, rude, rude, and condescending. Finally, to cap off the visit, she gave me a syringe upon leaving and actually pointed out the number four to demonstrate where I will need to fill it to when giving medicine, as if writing it and verbally telling me wasn't enough.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2017

Very unhelpful, rude and pushy. Terrible bedside manner, feels like the patient is intruding on her time. Kept pushing us to get the flu vaccine repeatedly. Did not take out child's temperature despite the fact we've been telling her the child was running a high fever. Could not diagnose her either. Everybody else in this practice is great, but if you can help it, stay away from Madeleine Murad.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2012

Dr. Madelaine Murad's Credentials

• Univ Of Va Sch Of Med, Charlottesville Va 22908 (Grad. 1979)

GHI