Ratings for Dr. Larry Wine

I would not recommend this doctor. My GP did a more thorough neuro assessment on me than this guy. He kept yelling at his secretary during the appointment about some lady he saw smoking in the bathroom. Very unprofessional, he made me feel like I was inconveniencing him.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2010

I found Dr Wine to be a pill pusher. I went to see him for headaches twice. He took my BP... asked a few questions and sent me home with 4 prescriptions. I found out later I have mild hypertension. Gimme a break, I got NOTHING out of the deal but a waste of parking money.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2009

I did not mind this Doctor. He was quick, but seemed to know his stuff. He DID listen to me, and DID document what I said to him correctly..and called injury for what it was before an MRI.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2009

found him very helpful i've seen many doctors for my lower back pain finally found out i had 2 bulging discs with his treatment and referrals i live with a lot less pain and have a better quality of life not only can i walk but am back to work oh by the way his receptionist can be a little hard to get along with as well as rude

flag | Submitted September 11, 2008

My doctor sent me to university hospital whit signs of a stroke Dr Wine sent me home with a asprin. Next day I returned with the loss of right side Then I was told if I had come in sooner I likely not lost the use of my right side. As for people having strokes he is the last person you want to see.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2008

I had to wait a few weeks to see him and was maybe in his office for 5 minutes. He told me to hold out my hands, barely touched them and said it was tennis elbow - take ativan. Um..okay... and how am I suppose to dress myself in the morning? I now have a different neuro who I have more confidence in. My GP did more tests on me than this specialist.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2007

Wasn't too impressed with this guy. Thinks very higly of himself and very low of others. My husband had Alzheimer disease and dr. wine didn't want me to go into the office with my husband............excuse me, but that is the only way I could find out what was going on. My husband found him arrogant and would not go back after the 3rd appointment. There are questions that have to be asked but you don't have to make someone feel stupid when you ask them.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2007

Nice guy. Very thorough and helpful. Some other neuros could take a lesson in personality from him.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2007

I was fortunate enough to find Dr. Larry Wine regarding chronic pain problems. I had been diagnosed with several ailments already, but Dr. Wine provided the missing diagnosis of "chronic myofascial pain syndrome" (yes - this disease does exist - and it explains many of my symptoms). His expertise and thoroughness as a neurologist is comprehensive and of the highest standards; he spent many hours with me in examination and discussion. Most importantly, Dr. Wine has helped alleviate some of my suffering. He is an ethical, caring and trustworthy human being, who would never compromise the truth or doing the right thing for his own personal gain. He has an open and searching mind, which is missing in many GPs and specialists, and I believe when more is known and accepted in the realm of chronic pain some day, he will be highly respected as a pioneer in diagnosis and treatment. I recommend him highly. His receptionist is sometimes curt and unhelpful; I imagine she's protective of his time.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2007

I brought in my mother in law who has multiple problems and an attitude to boot. The secretary handled her with grace and Dr. Wine was very thorough and professional. When we left my wife' mother said "what a nice man". I didn't know she knew those words. What an amazing day.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2007