Ratings for Dr. Scott A. Spiro

Dr. Spiro is an amazingly talented plastic surgeon. He is truly an artist and his work is perfection. I work alongside Dr. Spiro as his RN, I see everyday how amazing his results are and how happy people are with their outcomes. I personally have had amazing surgical outcomes done by Dr. Spiro. He is thorough and will take his time to cover every detail with you. He has an amazing team of employees as well! :) I have never encountered a more trustworthy and talented Doctor. Best plastic surgeon!

flag | Submitted May 15, 2016

He does phenominal work. Would never go to any other plastic surgeon.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2016

I went to Dr. Spiro for a tummy tuck. It was my first surgery and he was amazing. He made me feel so comfortable and safe in what can be a very nerve wracking situation. 8 years later, I am still so happy I chose him as my doctor. His staff is wonderful and they all made me feel calm and comfortable. I am so happy I got my surgery with him , it is one of the best decisions I've ever made.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2016

I agree with the person who had a bad experience in July of 2015. Dr. Spiro comes highly recommended and that's why I chose him, but he's horrible if there is a complication. I had a breast reconstruction and an abdominalasty which was supposed to result in a one night hospital stay on the burn unit at St. Barnabus. I had a problem with one of the arteries in my abdomen not being closed properly which resulted in 2 blood transfusions and a second surgery. Dr. Spiro made it seem like it was my fault because I didn't follow the pre-op instructions (which I most certainly did). When he examined me on the day after surgery, I felt so lousy and in pain that I started to cry. He said "crying's not going to get me anywhere". I paid $30,000 for my surgery and new implants. After having had pain in one of my breasts a year later I went to see see him to inquire about what can be done, he replied "take them out then". He is very defensive and rude if things don't go according to plan.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2016

After turning 50 and entering menopause, I gained weight over a 5 year period. There may have been a few extra calories being consumed at the time. It all went to my mid section and my breasts doubled in size. No matter how hard I tried, I couldn’t lose it. Exercise, which had always been very important and enjoyable to me, was becoming more and more difficult. I consulted with Dr. Spiro for a breast reduction and liposuction all around my torso. Dr. Spiro is very direct and focused. He told me things I wanted to hear and some I didn’t. We discussed the surgery in detail and I was given plenty of space to ask questions etc. I felt entirely comfortable with him. The surgery and post-operative care went very smoothly. At my follow up appointments, I started to see something I hadn’t seen in a while. My waistline. I was amazed. My breasts were reduced to a pair of perky 36c’s, exactly the size I wanted. Dr. Spiro also reshaped my butt. Unlike many women today, I always thought my butt was too big. Another surgeon had a go at it about 10 years ago to no avail. It remained shapeless and sad. However, Dr. Spiro was able to give me the butt I should have been born with. Shapely, smaller, and complementary to my shape. I was blown away. I was so pleased with everything I signed up for some more months later. I had these persistent “elevens” between my eyes. Nothing seemed to alleviate them for long. In addition, my upper eyelids had loose skin and my lower eyes had collected some fat over the years. I looked tired and angry. This past year, Dr. Spiro performed a brow-lift and did my upper and lower eyes. I look terrific. Refreshed and completely natural. The staff at Spiro Plastic Surgery is terrific. They all seem to function in sync with one another, always able to give me the help and/or information I needed. If I had to sum up my experience, it would be: worth it and I should have done it years ago. The results Dr. Spiro gave me is incomparable. His talent and abilities go far beyond anything I’ve experienced in the past. I am able to exercise more. I eat better and no longer avoid mirrors. I feel really good. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted December 30, 2015

I had reconstructive surgery done on my breasts from Dr Spriro because I had capsular contracture- I had my breast implants done originally in 2002 - i liked my breast implants, and had great cleavage - I was always complimented on my breasts, but because of what I had they were extremely uncomfortable, too hard and my right nipple was way lower then my left and I always had to raise my right breast in my bras to keep even, so i needed to get them fixed - i had saline breast implants - I went to Dr Spiro to relieve me of my pain and to make my breast look great and more normal! - after several visits with Dr Spiro, I decided to go with him as he seemed as though he really knew what to do and to fix me as well as make me look normal again! I spent $22,000.00 on reconstructive surgery with Dr Spiro - which is way more than I could afford. I took a loan which took me 10 years to do to fix my situation. After the Surgery, I kept telling him that my breasts do not look normal. He kept telling me everything is fine and I was imagining things....I went back to Dr Spriro after a few months and said to him I now have Symmastia - I had already went for a second opinion because I didnt know anything about this before and they agreed - when I confronted Dr Spiro about it and showed him my breasts, he became agitated, rude and down right mean! he spewed at me telling me "Your nuts, you had that before! - you have sagging skin! LOOK AT YOURSELF (with discuss on his face) and I don't know what you are talking about" then immediately left the room, cruely, as I cried and was shocked at what just happened.... Now a few months later I still of course have Symmastia - he never reached out to me - i not only lost $22,000.00. But I have to hide my breasts in high top shirts to hide this mess - it looks horrible - I am, by the way, I am a fitness competitor - i don't have sagging skin - i have a nice body and my skin does not sag and it never did....I am confused as what to do now as he ignores this and I do not have the money to fix - i do not encourage anyone to see this man

Submitted July 27, 2015

Dr. Spiro is truly an artist! I absolutely loved Dr. Spiro and his staff! I had a spur of the moment decision to get a breast augmentation done within a 2 weeks’ time and I cannot be any happier with my decision. Dr. Spiro and his staff made me feel extremely comfortable and without them I would have not been able to go through with this process. I am EXTREMELY satisfied with my results. Dr. Sprio was able to fulfill exactly what I wanted! From the first day we met until the day I opened my eyes after surgery Dr. Spiro was able to educate me on exactly what I was doing, how I was doing it and why I was having it done this particular way. Dr. Sprio, Nurses, Receptionists and Staff I cannot thank you guys enough for answering my countless questions, being honest and always being understanding as to my needs and concerns. You are all the BEST OF THE BEST! I cannot wait for my next check-up visit, I feel like I am a part of the Sprio Plastic Surgery Family. xo, Brielle

flag | Submitted July 16, 2015

Dr. Spiro is an artist and takes great pride in his work. Highly recommended

flag | Submitted April 27, 2015

Words can not express how Dr Spiro has made me feel physically and mentally, he truly is an incredible surgeon and artist!!!! He's given me so much to look forward to and it's only been three weeks since my surgery and my results are AMAZING and I know it will only get better. I can't THANK Dr. Spiro enough!!!! He truly is a special person!! My experience was incredible from the moment I walked into Dr Spiro's office. I felt comfortable and confident with his staff and especially with Dr. Spiro as a Surgeon... His staff is the most helpful, nice, educated and professional group I have ever met. Thank you so much for exceeding my expectations!!!! I will highly recommend him to anyone !!!

flag | Submitted April 12, 2015

My consult left me feeling hopeless. I left feeling sad. Why spend the money. "I'm asymmetrical, what other doctors did wrong. He came so highly recommended. Now I don't know if I trust what the said.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2015

Dr. Scott A. Spiro's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

After completing a Plastic Surgery Fellowship in Miami, I returned to New Jersey in 1996 (and the location in particular where I did my surgical residency) to establish practice in plastic surgery. My office has been located in the same location for 19 years, directly across the street from St. Barnabas Medical Center. During that time I have served as Chairman of the Department of Plastic Surgery, as a member of the Board of trustees, and have established an award winning Medical Spa. Through these 19 years I have performed more than 20,000 surgical procedures.

• English

• Umdnj-New Jersey Med Sch, Newark Nj 07103 (Grad. 1988)

Workers Comp