Dr. Scott A. Spiro

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Scott A. Spiro

The staff is horrible especially his one nurse very unprofessional and if something goes wrong, he actually gets mean and that’s not what you want from your doctor who has done a 19,000 surgery on you.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2017

Dr. Spiro’s staff has no respect for the patients and I found that out as soon as I had a problem after having a procedure done at the office. I was told that I was wrong to call the emergency line ( I wound up on the ER) and it was fine the way his nurse spoke to me and hung up on me. I am no longer a patient due to this as I was told from a member of the staff “your just a drop in the bucket”. If you want to be respected and know the staff and doctor will be there for when a problem occurs then DO NOT USE THIS OFFICE

flag | Submitted November 16, 2017

I have only positive comments to make about Dr. Spiro and his entire staff. Every interaction has been professional and has made me feel very cared for. Dr. Spiro performed a neck life and eye surgery (sorry I don't know the medical terms) and I look like me but rested and better. I am just thrilled. Note that I saw this even though we experienced some unexpected difficulties with my eyes. I looked just great at first and then chemosis (swelling) set in and prolonged my recuperation period. Nevertheless I have no doubt will will look just as I wanted and the support of Dr. Spiro and his staff have made this recovery manageable.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2017

Saw Dr Spiro in consultation. I was very excited to meet him. I was referred by a few friends. He was very informative and he made me feel that what I wanted could be achieved. I was so excited and then I met with the financial person, Veronica. What a cold and unprofessional person she was. I asked questions about the charges and she seemed so annoyed. I asked myself how is this person doing this job. Unfortunately I am not doing the surgery as his charges are way more than I can afford. I think I am more annoyed at how she treated me when I asked questions about the charges. Dr Spiro should really find a different person to do that job.

Submitted March 13, 2017

It's my 57th birthday tomorrow and I thought of Dr. Spiro. Almost four years ago I had a facelift done by Dr. Spiro. People that have known me and people I have just met me cannot believe my age. .Everyone says I look 37. No one believes l have had work done to my face. It was one of the best things I ever did for myself. THANK YOU DR . SPIRO. HE IS THE BEST!!

flag | Submitted September 16, 2016

Dr. Spiro is an amazingly talented plastic surgeon. He is truly an artist and his work is perfection. I work alongside Dr. Spiro as his RN, I see everyday how amazing his results are and how happy people are with their outcomes. I personally have had amazing surgical outcomes done by Dr. Spiro. He is thorough and will take his time to cover every detail with you. He has an amazing team of employees as well! :) I have never encountered a more trustworthy and talented Doctor. Best plastic surgeon!

flag | Submitted May 15, 2016

He does phenominal work. Would never go to any other plastic surgeon.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2016

I went to Dr. Spiro for a tummy tuck. It was my first surgery and he was amazing. He made me feel so comfortable and safe in what can be a very nerve wracking situation. 8 years later, I am still so happy I chose him as my doctor. His staff is wonderful and they all made me feel calm and comfortable. I am so happy I got my surgery with him , it is one of the best decisions I've ever made.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2016

I agree with the person who had a bad experience in July of 2015. Dr. Spiro comes highly recommended and that's why I chose him, but he's horrible if there is a complication. I had a breast reconstruction and an abdominalasty which was supposed to result in a one night hospital stay on the burn unit at St. Barnabus. I had a problem with one of the arteries in my abdomen not being closed properly which resulted in 2 blood transfusions and a second surgery. Dr. Spiro made it seem like it was my fault because I didn't follow the pre-op instructions (which I most certainly did). When he examined me on the day after surgery, I felt so lousy and in pain that I started to cry. He said "crying's not going to get me anywhere". I paid $30,000 for my surgery and new implants. After having had pain in one of my breasts a year later I went to see see him to inquire about what can be done, he replied "take them out then". He is very defensive and rude if things don't go according to plan.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2016

After turning 50 and entering menopause, I gained weight over a 5 year period. There may have been a few extra calories being consumed at the time. It all went to my mid section and my breasts doubled in size. No matter how hard I tried, I couldn’t lose it. Exercise, which had always been very important and enjoyable to me, was becoming more and more difficult. I consulted with Dr. Spiro for a breast reduction and liposuction all around my torso. Dr. Spiro is very direct and focused. He told me things I wanted to hear and some I didn’t. We discussed the surgery in detail and I was given plenty of space to ask questions etc. I felt entirely comfortable with him. The surgery and post-operative care went very smoothly. At my follow up appointments, I started to see something I hadn’t seen in a while. My waistline. I was amazed. My breasts were reduced to a pair of perky 36c’s, exactly the size I wanted. Dr. Spiro also reshaped my butt. Unlike many women today, I always thought my butt was too big. Another surgeon had a go at it about 10 years ago to no avail. It remained shapeless and sad. However, Dr. Spiro was able to give me the butt I should have been born with. Shapely, smaller, and complementary to my shape. I was blown away. I was so pleased with everything I signed up for some more months later. I had these persistent “elevens” between my eyes. Nothing seemed to alleviate them for long. In addition, my upper eyelids had loose skin and my lower eyes had collected some fat over the years. I looked tired and angry. This past year, Dr. Spiro performed a brow-lift and did my upper and lower eyes. I look terrific. Refreshed and completely natural. The staff at Spiro Plastic Surgery is terrific. They all seem to function in sync with one another, always able to give me the help and/or information I needed. If I had to sum up my experience, it would be: worth it and I should have done it years ago. The results Dr. Spiro gave me is incomparable. His talent and abilities go far beyond anything I’ve experienced in the past. I am able to exercise more. I eat better and no longer avoid mirrors. I feel really good. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted December 30, 2015

Dr. Scott A. Spiro's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

After completing a Plastic Surgery Fellowship in Miami, I returned to New Jersey in 1996 (and the location in particular where I did my surgical residency) to establish practice in plastic surgery. My office has been located in the same location for 19 years, directly across the street from St. Barnabas Medical Center. During that time I have served as Chairman of the Department of Plastic Surgery, as a member of the Board of trustees, and have established an award winning Medical Spa. Through these 19 years I have performed more than 20,000 surgical procedures.

• English

• Umdnj-New Jersey Med Sch, Newark Nj 07103 (Grad. 1988)

Top Hospitals in West Orange, NJ