Ratings for Dr. Scott A. Spiro

I agree with the person who had a bad experience in July of 2015. Dr. Spiro comes highly recommended and that's why I chose him, but he's horrible if there is a complication. I had a breast reconstruction and an abdominalasty which was supposed to result in a one night hospital stay on the burn unit at St. Barnabus. I had a problem with one of the arteries in my abdomen not being closed properly which resulted in 2 blood transfusions and a second surgery. Dr. Spiro made it seem like it was my fault because I didn't follow the pre-op instructions (which I most certainly did). When he examined me on the day after surgery, I felt so lousy and in pain that I started to cry. He said "crying's not going to get me anywhere". I paid $30,000 for my surgery and new implants. After having had pain in one of my breasts a year later I went to see see him to inquire about what can be done, he replied "take them out then". He is very defensive and rude if things don't go according to plan.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2016

After turning 50 and entering menopause, I gained weight over a 5 year period. There may have been a few extra calories being consumed at the time. It all went to my mid section and my breasts doubled in size. No matter how hard I tried, I couldn’t lose it. Exercise, which had always been very important and enjoyable to me, was becoming more and more difficult. I consulted with Dr. Spiro for a breast reduction and liposuction all around my torso. Dr. Spiro is very direct and focused. He told me things I wanted to hear and some I didn’t. We discussed the surgery in detail and I was given plenty of space to ask questions etc. I felt entirely comfortable with him. The surgery and post-operative care went very smoothly. At my follow up appointments, I started to see something I hadn’t seen in a while. My waistline. I was amazed. My breasts were reduced to a pair of perky 36c’s, exactly the size I wanted. Dr. Spiro also reshaped my butt. Unlike many women today, I always thought my butt was too big. Another surgeon had a go at it about 10 years ago to no avail. It remained shapeless and sad. However, Dr. Spiro was able to give me the butt I should have been born with. Shapely, smaller, and complementary to my shape. I was blown away. I was so pleased with everything I signed up for some more months later. I had these persistent “elevens” between my eyes. Nothing seemed to alleviate them for long. In addition, my upper eyelids had loose skin and my lower eyes had collected some fat over the years. I looked tired and angry. This past year, Dr. Spiro performed a brow-lift and did my upper and lower eyes. I look terrific. Refreshed and completely natural. The staff at Spiro Plastic Surgery is terrific. They all seem to function in sync with one another, always able to give me the help and/or information I needed. If I had to sum up my experience, it would be: worth it and I should have done it years ago. The results Dr. Spiro gave me is incomparable. His talent and abilities go far beyond anything I’ve experienced in the past. I am able to exercise more. I eat better and no longer avoid mirrors. I feel really good. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted December 30, 2015

I had reconstructive surgery done on my breasts from Dr Spriro because I had capsular contracture- I had my breast implants done originally in 2002 - i liked my breast implants, and had great cleavage - I was always complimented on my breasts, but because of what I had they were extremely uncomfortable, too hard and my right nipple was way lower then my left and I always had to raise my right breast in my bras to keep even, so i needed to get them fixed - i had saline breast implants - I went to Dr Spiro to relieve me of my pain and to make my breast look great and more normal! - after several visits with Dr Spiro, I decided to go with him as he seemed as though he really knew what to do and to fix me as well as make me look normal again! I spent $22,000.00 on reconstructive surgery with Dr Spiro - which is way more than I could afford. I took a loan which took me 10 years to do to fix my situation. After the Surgery, I kept telling him that my breasts do not look normal. He kept telling me everything is fine and I was imagining things....I went back to Dr Spriro after a few months and said to him I now have Symmastia - I had already went for a second opinion because I didnt know anything about this before and they agreed - when I confronted Dr Spiro about it and showed him my breasts, he became agitated, rude and down right mean! he spewed at me telling me "Your nuts, you had that before! - you have sagging skin! LOOK AT YOURSELF (with discuss on his face) and I don't know what you are talking about" then immediately left the room, cruely, as I cried and was shocked at what just happened.... Now a few months later I still of course have Symmastia - he never reached out to me - i not only lost $22,000.00. But I have to hide my breasts in high top shirts to hide this mess - it looks horrible - I am, by the way, I am a fitness competitor - i don't have sagging skin - i have a nice body and my skin does not sag and it never did....I am confused as what to do now as he ignores this and I do not have the money to fix - i do not encourage anyone to see this man

Submitted July 27, 2015

Dr. Spiro is truly an artist! I absolutely loved Dr. Spiro and his staff! I had a spur of the moment decision to get a breast augmentation done within a 2 weeks’ time and I cannot be any happier with my decision. Dr. Spiro and his staff made me feel extremely comfortable and without them I would have not been able to go through with this process. I am EXTREMELY satisfied with my results. Dr. Sprio was able to fulfill exactly what I wanted! From the first day we met until the day I opened my eyes after surgery Dr. Spiro was able to educate me on exactly what I was doing, how I was doing it and why I was having it done this particular way. Dr. Sprio, Nurses, Receptionists and Staff I cannot thank you guys enough for answering my countless questions, being honest and always being understanding as to my needs and concerns. You are all the BEST OF THE BEST! I cannot wait for my next check-up visit, I feel like I am a part of the Sprio Plastic Surgery Family. xo, Brielle

flag | Submitted July 16, 2015

Dr. Spiro is an artist and takes great pride in his work. Highly recommended

flag | Submitted April 27, 2015

Words can not express how Dr Spiro has made me feel physically and mentally, he truly is an incredible surgeon and artist!!!! He's given me so much to look forward to and it's only been three weeks since my surgery and my results are AMAZING and I know it will only get better. I can't THANK Dr. Spiro enough!!!! He truly is a special person!! My experience was incredible from the moment I walked into Dr Spiro's office. I felt comfortable and confident with his staff and especially with Dr. Spiro as a Surgeon... His staff is the most helpful, nice, educated and professional group I have ever met. Thank you so much for exceeding my expectations!!!! I will highly recommend him to anyone !!!

flag | Submitted April 12, 2015

My consult left me feeling hopeless. I left feeling sad. Why spend the money. "I'm asymmetrical, what other doctors did wrong. He came so highly recommended. Now I don't know if I trust what the said.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2015

Dr. Spiro is truly fantastic! I had a breast augmentation one and a half months ago and I cannot adequately express in words how happy I am with the results! I finally feel like a woman; I feel my age. The only regret I have is not seeing Dr. Spiro sooner. Dr. Spiro was recommended by another doctor and I am forever grateful. Dr. Spiro is an artist. (The paintings in his office are all his work and they are amazing!) From my first consultation I knew Dr. Spiro was the one! In fact, I booked my surgery the same day. Dr. Spiro is very knowledgeable and his recommendations were entirely in line with my own expectations. The results are stellar. I feel like my new breasts were always supposed to look this way. Dr. Spiro's skill set is hard to find. He is exceptionally gifted and very personable. Thank you, Dr. Spiro for exceeding my expectations!

flag | Submitted January 13, 2015

Dr. Spiro is fantastic! I had a very challenging breast augmentation surgery (due to Poland's Syndrome) and Dr. Spiro was dedicated to my health and results through the entire process. He listens to what YOU want, keeps you informed, has a GREAT staff and the entire process was smooth and painless. My life has completely changed, and I cannot imagine trusting anyone else other than Dr. Spiro.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2015

If I had just known how much better I feel and look now I would have done my breast augmentation years ago. I went from a AA to a C and I am totally pleased. Four weeks after surgery I feel ready to go back to the gym but I have to be patient for a few more weeks. The overall experience with Dr. Spiro and his team was very satisfying.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2015

Dr. Scott A. Spiro's Credentials

• Umdnj-New Jersey Med Sch, Newark Nj 07103 (Grad. 1988)

Oxford

Updates

• A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "I agree with the person who had a bad experience in July of 2015. Dr. Spiro comes highly recommended and that's why I chose him, but he's horrible if there is a..."

January 7, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "After turning 50 and entering menopause, I gained weight over a 5 year period. There may have been a few extra calories being consumed at the time. It all went ..."

December 30, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "I had reconstructive surgery done on my breasts from Dr Spriro because I had capsular contracture- I had my breast implants done originally in 2002 - i liked my..."

July 27, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Spiro is truly an artist! I absolutely loved Dr. Spiro and his staff! I had a spur of the moment decision to get a breast augmentation done within a 2 weeks..."

July 16, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Spiro is an artist and takes great pride in his work. Highly recommended"

April 27, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Words can not express how Dr Spiro has made me feel physically and mentally, he truly is an incredible surgeon and artist!!!! He's given me so much to look forw..."

April 12, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "My consult left me feeling hopeless. I left feeling sad. Why spend the money. "I'm asymmetrical, what other doctors did wrong. He came so highly recommended. N..."

March 28, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Spiro is truly fantastic! I had a breast augmentation one and a half months ago and I cannot adequately express in words how happy I am with the results! I ..."

January 13, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Spiro is fantastic! I had a very challenging breast augmentation surgery (due to Poland's Syndrome) and Dr. Spiro was dedicated to my health and results thr..."

January 8, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "If I had just known how much better I feel and look now I would have done my breast augmentation years ago. I went from a AA to a C and I am totally pleased. Fo..."

January 8, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I am only 3 1/2 weeks out after breast surgery....the reconstruction has just started but every single thing along the way has been incredibly smooth and hopefu..."

December 30, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "There are not enough words to describe Dr. Spiro and his staff. After a being diagnosed with breast cancer over the summer, I was given many cards from my brea..."

November 15, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "A true Humanitarian and Artist, Dr. Spiro marries his vision of what the human body's greatest aesthetic potential can be with his practical skill. I AM foreve..."

November 14, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "After many year of contemplating corrective plastic surgery I finally found the right doctor who delivered impeccable results. First, you had to understand my..."

November 4, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I cannot say enough about the skill and professionalism of Dr. Spiro and his staff. I thought my first consultation appointment would be very difficult to get ..."

October 18, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I can't say enough great things about Dr. Spiro. He is an incredibly skilled and knowledgable surgeon. He is compassionate and caring. His staff is just as gr..."

October 10, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Spiro changed my LIFE! He performed a breast lift, reduction, with implants- and the results came out better than expected (and I had VERY high expectations..."

October 7, 2014
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "It has been 3 years since my rhinoplasty and I cannot express how disappointed I am with the results. Doctor spiro took too much off my bridge and even ruined m..."

September 25, 2014
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I went from a B to a D/DD with my breast augmentation. And I LOVE my results!!! Everything really is better with bigger breasts ha. My results look very natur..."

September 16, 2014
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I knew I used to have small breasts, but I never knew how much better big breasts were! Clothes fit better, I feel sexier, and I get to make other girls jealou..."

September 10, 2014
  • First Name changed from "Scott" to "Scott A."

October 20, 2013