Ratings for Dr. Harold Hynscht

After being sent home from the ER and told I was fine, I went to see Hynscht as I was still feeling bad. Within 2 minutes he diagnosed the problem, gave me a perscription and even sent me home with some sample topical cream to try. Within a day I was back to feeling normal. If non-emergent always able to get in for an appointment within a week. Staff could stand to be nicer, they are busy and tend to rush you and seem rather annoyed when you need to speak with them. I would recommend Dr Hynscht to anyone. He is blunt, to the point, no nonsense. If you are looking for someone to hold your hand look elsewhere - he's there to do is job and get you on your way.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2017

I had months of pain and asked for a referral to a specialist....Dr Hynscht denied me 4 times! Said there was nothing wrong with me! Arrogant, belittling. Very unprofessional. Breaches confidentiality and discusses his own personal instead of dealing with my health concerns. I have very fortunately found another doctor who was alarmed that my condition had been overlooked. I suggest a call to the "College of Physicians"...they need to hear about his unprofessional conduct. I did.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2017

Dr. Hynscht dishes out drugs without any discussion of side effects OR follow ups! He prescribed a new anti-depressant for me and didn't tell me there was a 5 day wash out period with my last meds - I had seratonin syndrome and was extremely ill - it's very serious! I was then diagnosed with diabetes put on a new drug which has caused many problems with no follow up at all. He hasn't requested follow up blood tests for any of the drugs I'm on, which really require occasional blood profiles. He doesn't seem to know anything about the potency of the drugs he dishes out! Plus doesn't review what you are taking, just issues the drugs unquestionably. I often wait 3 weeks for an appointment too. I am looking forward to new Drs. coming to the area!

flag | Submitted July 15, 2017

Absolutely terrible doctor and staff. They do not care about helping you. They all have horrible attitudes. Changing doctors immediately, beware.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2017

I am new to the area & taken on as a new patient. I met with Amanda for intake after almost a month (told notbusually so hard to get in - but the dr was going on a family vacation - this wouldn't be the case in future). In this mtg, she talked more about herself than she asked Q's! I explained that I am usually healthy BUT have been unwell in last few mts. I had a pain in my side that affected me daily, & other issues that would warrant an appt asap. I admitted I have a bit of anxiety as well that seems to be worse now since these symptoms are so troubling. She agreed to send me for blood work but no appt for almost a month later. 3 days later, I went in desperate as the pain was bad and I had other concerning symptoms. I was hoping to meet the dr & perhaps get a referral to a specialist. She was rude & jumped up from her chair and said "Absolutely NOT!" If you are having issues, you should go to the hospital! I asked to simply be on a cancelation list. She said very bluntly that would not happen and I have to wait til he is back from (another) vacation & if anything was wrong with bloodwork, he would call me. The next day she did call to say I was FINE. I had gone to the hospital and had blood work there and turns out I had a bad infection and was given antibiotics. Let's just say, I will not make that appt after all. He wouldn't even see me (knowing how concerned I was) and misread blood work! Not a dr I want for my family!!

flag | Submitted June 22, 2017

I have had Dr Hynscht for 17 yrs. he began as being caring and following up on concerns. He is now arrogant and becomes angry when questioned. Too much time, chatting with staff and personal life. Very disappointing.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2017

Does not give you the time of day. Arrogant!!! Condescending!!!

flag | Submitted May 25, 2017

Most amazing Doctor in the world. Highly intelligent, extremely helpful, very compassionate and caring. Hynscht has been my family doctor my entire life, as well as my entire family's doctor as well. He always made sure I left his office with the best of care and all of my questions answered. It does sometimes take a week or two to get into his office, but almost always fits you in if you desperately need it. His staff can be a bit cold sometimes on the phone but everytime I'm in the office they are welcoming and always busy. I see people on here mentioning he talks about his personal stuff in his office.... where else is he supposed to talk about it? he's a busy man, with his family practice, his clinic in simcoe, the walk in clinic, AND hospital calls? he's allowed to talk about whatever he wants whenever he wants. I highly recommend Hynscht for your family doctor!

flag | Submitted March 22, 2017

Great doctor, knows his stuff! Never have to wait long for an appointment. That says alot.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2017

Unprofessional, arrogant, and a danger to his patients. too much personal stuff going on around his office. If you're a patient of his, you'll know what I mean. I'm lucky to have found another doctor.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2017