Dr. Harold Hynscht

Ratings for Dr. Harold Hynscht

I have had a few family physicians . Impressed with his knowledge and the ability to get in the same day you call if really ill. Best thing about the office though is his new Nurse Practioner who is competent, cares, and really takes her time to listen. I go back now with the hope of seeing her.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2018

Dr. Hynscht is an excellent doctor. Could not be better!

flag | Submitted January 19, 2018

One of the best doctors in norfolk county. Always on time and great bedside manner

flag | Submitted January 9, 2018

Dr. Hynscht is the best family Dr I have ever had. He always takes the time to explain everything to me, gets me in when I need to see him and always takes me seriously (note: I'm not calling every week thinking I'm dying from a cold). He is professional, courteous, and a no nonsense doc. His front desk staff could stand to be a little more accommodating on the phone, and explain things a bit bteer when sending you off for tests (ex. Wait times for certain procedures). But other than that, I would travel far to keep him as my family Dr. Side note: Yes, he takes family vacations. AS HE SHOULD! He works day in and out serving people. It is HIS practice, and I would rather a happy, well rested Dr than someone who is burnt out and misses things. I'm sure he's seen enough people work their youth away only to get sick in "retirement" and not be able to enjoy the things they love. Keep fishing doc! See you when you get back - if I need help while you're away, I know I can go to the walk-in or the hospital in Simcoe.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2017

Has the greatest Nurse Practioner ! She is smart, personable, kind, and takes lots of time with her patients!

flag | Submitted November 16, 2017

After being sent home from the ER and told I was fine, I went to see Hynscht as I was still feeling bad. Within 2 minutes he diagnosed the problem, gave me a perscription and even sent me home with some sample topical cream to try. Within a day I was back to feeling normal. If non-emergent always able to get in for an appointment within a week. Staff could stand to be nicer, they are busy and tend to rush you and seem rather annoyed when you need to speak with them. I would recommend Dr Hynscht to anyone. He is blunt, to the point, no nonsense. If you are looking for someone to hold your hand look elsewhere - he's there to do is job and get you on your way.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2017

I had months of pain and asked for a referral to a specialist....Dr Hynscht denied me 4 times! Said there was nothing wrong with me! Arrogant, belittling. Very unprofessional. Breaches confidentiality and discusses his own personal instead of dealing with my health concerns. I have very fortunately found another doctor who was alarmed that my condition had been overlooked. I suggest a call to the "College of Physicians"...they need to hear about his unprofessional conduct. I did.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2017

Dr. Hynscht dishes out drugs without any discussion of side effects OR follow ups! He prescribed a new anti-depressant for me and didn't tell me there was a 5 day wash out period with my last meds - I had seratonin syndrome and was extremely ill - it's very serious! I was then diagnosed with diabetes put on a new drug which has caused many problems with no follow up at all. He hasn't requested follow up blood tests for any of the drugs I'm on, which really require occasional blood profiles. He doesn't seem to know anything about the potency of the drugs he dishes out! Plus doesn't review what you are taking, just issues the drugs unquestionably. I often wait 3 weeks for an appointment too. I am looking forward to new Drs. coming to the area!

flag | Submitted July 15, 2017

Absolutely terrible doctor and staff. They do not care about helping you. They all have horrible attitudes. Changing doctors immediately, beware.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2017

I am new to the area & taken on as a new patient. I met with Amanda for intake after almost a month (told notbusually so hard to get in - but the dr was going on a family vacation - this wouldn't be the case in future). In this mtg, she talked more about herself than she asked Q's! I explained that I am usually healthy BUT have been unwell in last few mts. I had a pain in my side that affected me daily, & other issues that would warrant an appt asap. I admitted I have a bit of anxiety as well that seems to be worse now since these symptoms are so troubling. She agreed to send me for blood work but no appt for almost a month later. 3 days later, I went in desperate as the pain was bad and I had other concerning symptoms. I was hoping to meet the dr & perhaps get a referral to a specialist. She was rude & jumped up from her chair and said "Absolutely NOT!" If you are having issues, you should go to the hospital! I asked to simply be on a cancelation list. She said very bluntly that would not happen and I have to wait til he is back from (another) vacation & if anything was wrong with bloodwork, he would call me. The next day she did call to say I was FINE. I had gone to the hospital and had blood work there and turns out I had a bad infection and was given antibiotics. Let's just say, I will not make that appt after all. He wouldn't even see me (knowing how concerned I was) and misread blood work! Not a dr I want for my family!!

flag | Submitted June 22, 2017