Ratings for Dr. Spero G. Karas

Outstanding Service from Staff, Great Doc and great bedside manners!!!

flag | Submitted November 28, 2016

Dr.Karas is the best in the business! He treated my 13 yr. son for a knee injury. Even though he does not specialize in pediatrics , he is amazing with young athletes. This guy gets things done fast!

flag | Submitted August 26, 2014

Everyone who gave him less than all 5s doesn't know what they are talking about. I am his daughter (I'm 11) and I play tons of basketball and volleyball. I am always active and at the beginning of the season I got patela tintonitis and was hurting very badly. My dad got me hooked up with so many good deals and got me back on the court in no time. All of the people he works with are always so friendly when the come over and visit. He is probably the smartest man I know. When ever I need help he is always thee for me. He is the best doctor I know

flag | Submitted August 5, 2014

He asked me no questions. He only talked. . Was late and only spent a few minutes. I think he prefers patients with no post-surgical problems. I was told that patients like me made him work too hard. I only saw him a few minutes, don't know what kind of patient makes you work less... I'm several months out and still have pain and movement problems that are greater than pre-surgical.

Submitted June 13, 2013

I had both rotator cuff surgery and biceps tenodesis in July. Expecting a long and painful recovery, I was amazed at the lack of pain after just a few days as well as short recovery time. I have less pain and greater range of motion than before the incident occurred. I cannot say enough good things about my experience at the Emory Sports Medicine Center, including before, during, and after surgery. The environment was relaxing, the staff very helpful and knowledgeable, and the doctors and surgeon were outstanding. the diagnosis was proven to be accurate with the surgery proceeding as described beforehand. I picked Emory and Dr Karas for the surgery based on superb reputations of both. To sum up my experience, I believe Dr Karas should change his name to Merlin, as the results of his surgery on my shoulder were truly magical. Thanks again Dr Karas, you and your staff have given this old Marine a new lease on life.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2011

I had rotator cuff and bicep surgery in Jan. 2011 with Dr. Karas and had a super experience! I was off pain meds within a week of surgery and did the recommended therapy and am recovering right on schedule. Full range of movement and am back to water aerobics. He is a confident doctor. I had a great experience and follow-up. This surgeon knows what he is doing!!

flag | Submitted August 20, 2011

left shoulder surgury MARCH 2011,loved Dr Karas.He took a lot of time to explain everything in detail. inserted titanium rod and ball,did a great job,very happy with the results and would highly recommend him to anyone.theraphy was a breeze. I DON'T UNDERSTAND THE OTHER RATINGS. Dr Karas was very personable and he personifies the kind of Doctor that I apprecitate.I started with him for a second opinionand he spent over 30 minutes going over results of my x-rays and options. Iwish every Dr that Ihave seen over the last 60 years was aseasy to work with.THANK YOU Dr. Karas

flag | Submitted August 9, 2011

Made appointment for second opinion before surgery on both knees. But when I arrived for the appt., was told that Karas could only look at one knee. When I objected and said I was leaving if he could not consider both knees, they agreed to move forward. My appt was for 8:20 am. Karas did not show until 10:20 am! His assistant popped in and told me Karas liked to spend a lot of time with patients and he was with another new patient. However, when he finally arrived, he was with me only 10-15 minutes tops. Seemed to be in a hurry. I'm not even sure he looked at the x-rays and MRI's I brought in, because he never referenced them. All he did was reiterate what was on the MRI report I gave him and suggested I didn't need surgery; that I just needed him to give me some injections and do his physical therapy program. I passed and will be going to get a real second opinion from another doctor. They make you pay in advance. That should be your first clue to turn around and leave.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2009

Did not see this doctor. Left contact email on his website. Received a return call the next day. Explained my case as a second opinion/first consultation as possibly my future surgeon. I explained that my case has been inactive for two years as is the imaging. The staff on the phone explained that I would need new imaging without even investigating my case. I read about his accolades and accomplishments on his website. I explained myself as self-pay and I was connected with scheduling. The staff indicated to me that the initial consultation would cost between $200 and $400. I was appalled! plus I need new imaging $1600! $2000 to be seen just to know if he would take my case! Once again being treated like a lower class citizen without insurance. No person's opinion is worth that, I don't care how many pieces of paper you have on the wall. *for punctuality and knowledge I rated 3's due to the requirement to respond.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2009

My experience was so negative I would never go back to him. Nor would I recommend him anyone. He was arrogant and defensive when I asked him questions.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2009

Dr. Spero G. Karas's Credentials

• Indiana University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1993)