Ratings for Dr. Edward A. Layne

I moved out of state 18 years ago and still miss Dr. Layne. I really feel he saved my life. He is a brilliant physician. He has all you need in a first rate doctor and has the rare gift of wisdom. I owe him much.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2017

Tyyyggggggggggghhhjdjejrhrjhhrjrjehhehdbhwhvcegheh

flag | Submitted March 9, 2017

Dr. Layne is a phenomal doctor who truly cares about his patients. He has been my GI Doctor for the past few years and I initially met him when I was hospitalized for GI issues. He takes the time to listen to his patients and is truly concerned about their overall well-being. He has given me dietary advise that has helped me tremendously and probably is saving my life. He is truly a blessing. You have to be patient when you schedule a visit because he takes his time with each of his patients, but it is definitely worth it.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2016

Good bedside manner. Listens to the patient and does not push a lot of pills

flag | Submitted April 15, 2015

Dr. Layne is a caring, knowledgeable and excellent physician. I am a physician myself and am very happy to have him as my gastroentaerologist. Previously I had a physician who would only give me medicine for the symptoms and would not explain anything. I did not feel treated properly. With doctor Layne we analize the problem and he makes sure I know what to do to improve my condition.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2013

I agree with the others that he is a wonderful doctor always willing to listen and treat the whole person instead of just giving you some medicine.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2012

I am in love with Dr. Layne. He has always LISTENED to me sense my first visit. I had a multitude of symptons, and one by one, he has fixed. We are still working together to resolve the rest. But one very important thing he has taught me, is not to just 'take a pill' for my problems. My primary gave me high blood pressure meds, lipitor, and an anxiety meds. Just take them. Dr. Layne explained to me that they should of explored the reasoning behind my high blood pressure and chols and anxiety, rather than just putting me on meds for the rest of my life. So he is working with me on quitting smoking, losing weight and what to eat. And other ways to lower my stress. He is an astonishin man. My best friend went with me to one of my appointments and after she said "I wish he could be my primary, or that I had GI issues just so he can be my doctor". Enough said. But seriously, when you go to a doctor who loves to prescribe, remember, there are other ways to get your health back.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2012

Best Doctor I have ever had. Been his patient for 3 years

flag | Submitted June 15, 2011

Dr. Layne is interested in the entire person. He is extremely informative.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2011

Yes this is the best Doctor I every had he is caring and know his stff

flag | Submitted August 10, 2010

Dr. Edward A. Layne's Credentials

• French

• Tulane University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1973)

GHI