Ratings for Dr. Albert Losken

In 2013, I was approved by insurance to have a panniculectomy (excess skin on stomach), brachioplasty (arms) and breast lift after dramatic weight loss surgery. I met with Dr. Losken several times as we prepared for my surgery and I was confident in his credentials. Recovery from my surgery was hell and I was disgusted with the results - but what could I do about it?? The stitching from my panniculectomy was crooked and I still had lots of excess skin. I remember seeking Dr Losken and all he kept saying was "we could have done more" "theres always more we could have done." OK SO WHY DIDN'T YOU DO WHAT YOU COULD HAVE DONE? Is it because insurance was paying for it, or you just didn't care what you did to me? As far as the so called breast lift, all he did was move my nipples from facing downward, to facing forward. He did not lift the actual breast at all. he did remove some tissue on the side - in which I am left with disgusting "dog ears" that look terrible in a bra. So now I still have saggy breasts with a nipple that faces forward. What is the point of that? So now I have to have surgery AGAIN and I have to pay out of pocket to lift my breasts and do a tummy tuck. I will have to get my arms done later since "theres always more that could have been done."

flag | Submitted July 1, 2017

Dr. Losken and his team at Emory University Hospital handled 3 surgeries for me due to breast cancer, and I truly am grateful for their kindness and compassion through it all, Dr. Losken "I'm forever grateful to you and everyone working with you" , you are amazing and so caring that it will be remembered always with myself and my family.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2015

I went to DR LOSKIN for a breast reconstruction. I came out of surgery with anything but. The breast symmetry was fair but the nipples were not facing forward. He told me they would be evened out. They were not. He reduced the non-cancer breast and supposedly lifted it. It was drooping after three months. The nipple was moved and was a lot larger than the cancer breast. I had a huge "Z" type scar on my side and he never explained it. Before surgery he did not explain the nipple relocation, the small indention above the cancer breast which he said he would fill in, but he made more scars and it lifted the breast creating zero symmetry, or the "Z" scar on my side. I feel ****ed.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2014

He was very caring and did an excellent job. i would definitely refer friends to him.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2013

He performed a breast reduction for me about a year ago. My areola area is uneven in size and it is noticeable. Not only are they uneven, the size of both the areolas are to large for the size he reduce my breast to. The top part of the larger areola continuously sticks out of the top of my bra/shirt. Seek another surgeon.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2013

Do NOT use this surgeon for gynecomastia. He has no experience or skill in this area. During my 1st post op visit he advised me that the lack of results was due to swelling. During my next post op visit he then advised me that he did not in fact extract all the glandular tissue. My chest is no better than it was prior to surgery. I'll have to have revision surgery with a more qualified surgeon. Do your research!

flag | Submitted June 9, 2012

Dr. Albert Losken's Credentials

• Harvard Medical School (Grad. 1996)