Ratings for Dr. Joseph Barry MacMillan

I cannot say enough to praise Dr. MacMillan and Nancy for all their help over the years. He always explains every situation with so much knowledge and makes me feel so comfortable. Nancy has always been so kind and helpful. I am so priviledged to have them always there for me.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2017

Dr. MacMillan was on call the day my daughter was born. The delivery turned dicey when baby's heart rate plummeted. I could have not asked for a more professional and calm doctor to safely get her out. He's a credit to the profession and we are lucky to have him practicing in London.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2017

I developed a high-risk condition during my pregnancy and early induction was recommended. When I told MacMillan that I'm uncomfortable with the idea of induction he told me that "we can make many decisions in life but a dead baby is 100% dead". I spent the remainder of my pregnancy terrified of the prospect of having this man deliver my baby if something were to go wrong. I successfully induced my baby using natural methods and had him at home with my midwife, perfectly healthy. I am well-informed and conducted a ton of research, and saw numerous OBs and discussed my options with my midwife before choosing what was best for me, and I did not appreciate this doctor using authoritative fear-mongering to get his point across.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2017

I had a very traumatic delivery with my first daughter not only for me but for her. I had developed rectocele which made my life very difficult and embarrassing. This resulted in my second pregnancy to be monitored by Dr. MacMillan. As busy as he was, he always gave me the time I needed to discuss everything from my rectocele to the baby. I elected to have a c-section with my second in order to avoid anymore complications. Dr. MacMillan performed my c-section without any complications. He took the time to come see us in the hospital to make sure we were doing ok. 6 months after my daughter was born, I had my rectocele repair surgery. It went perfectly. I am now functioning the way I was before the complications and I have no one else to thank but Dr. MacMillan. He is not only an amazing doctor but he has excellent bedside manner and compassion for his patients. I cannot thank him enough for everything.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2017

I had my baby girl back in July, my original OB was actually in Niagara falls but when visiting london for the weekend i went into labour! I was admitted right away and had severe class 1 HELLP syndrome and Preeclampsia, I had Dr Macmillan, he was amazing. Although my birth was very traumatic and I spent a week recovering from my complications I felt extremely comfortable with him and felt he was making the best decisions for me and my baby. There was much talk about taking me for emergency c section due to our my complications, but Dr Macmillan allowed me to try all natural, and i'm glad he did as I recovered much faster. Dr. Macmillan came to our room everyday to check on me and my baby girl which I found very comforting as we knew how busy he was with other patients! In the future I plan on seeing dr. Macmillan for my second pregnancy even if I have to make the drive everyday as he is an outstanding doctor and I believe he'll be able to catch and monitor any complications that may pop again for me.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2016

I am currently a patient of Dr. Macmillans for my first child. I am due next month and have run into some complications in my last trimester. I cannot express how knowledgable and competent he is as an Obstetrician. My experience has been nothing short but tremendous so far with him And I don't expect it to change. I would recommend him to anyone. His wait times are minimal, combined with his calm demeanour and many years of expertise make him one of the best ! Truly a great man.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2016

I was referred to Dr. MacMillan about 3 years ago after a complicated delivery with my daughter. He monitored me through my second pregnancy and performed a c-section. He recently repaired my rectocele and has greatly improved my quality of life. I have nothing negative to say about Dr. MacMillan and highly recommend him as he is the best.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2016

I cannot say enough about Dr MacMillan and his staff, especially Nancy. They have taken care of me for years. My daughter now goes to him as well and both of us have nothing but gratitude for all he has done. Would highly recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2016

He is my saviour following a botched hysterectomy by one of his peers. He is the kindestand most selfless physician I have ever had the opportunity to be involved with. He keeps me healthy by yearly visits. LOVE him. If you doget a chance to be one of his patients, know that you are in the best hands. Jacqueline Hart

flag | Submitted September 4, 2015

Starting with his secretary, she was kind and helpful and that made such a difference to begin with. Dr. Macmillian is fantastic.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2015