Ratings for Dr. Manuel R. Pinto

Dr. Pinto did an L5 S1 fusion on my spine in March of 2013. I followed the post op instructions to the letter. Two weeks later the pain was so intense I couldn't take it, it felt as though I had been plugged into an electrical outlet. Another surgery was performed. This helped with the intense pain but did nothing for the original reason I had gone to him. A year later I returned and after countless tests, each of which he said would tell him exactly what the problem was I realized I was being sent for the same tests he had ordered four months before. Finally I quit going there all together and started seeing a new neurosurgeon. After my first appointment with the new doctor I found out the first fusion was a total failure and I have a new plan, already seeing some results. Dr. Pintos nurse is nasty, yelling and screaming at me, as did Dr. Pinto several times. I would not recommend this man to my worst enemy, ever. My insurance company paid hundreds of thousands of dollars to this man, every penny of which was a total scam.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2015

I was referred to Dr. Pinto after my surgeon left the spine center. At first I was extremely impressed. He performed a 3 level fusion and it was perfect. It has been 10 months since the fusion and I habe had no improvement. He suggested we remove the instrumentation . I agreed. He explained this procedure was quick and easy. 4 very small incisions, 1 week recovery, and minimal pain. I was VERY wrong. Before the procedure he came in, marked my back, and left. After I was out of recovery he never came to my room to check on me. After 1 night in the hospital I was able to go home. After getting home and removing my bandage he did not perform the procedure that was discussed and planned. He had cut open my 5 inch incision from my fusion. This was never mentioned. I was told I would need a week off of work. After a week I had to call my job and ask for a few more days. I then found out I needed 3 weeks for recovery. This was never mentioned. I am unbelievably dissapointed and will never recommend him.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2015

Did my 3rd fusion after 2 other surgeons couldn't get the job done right. Dr. Pinto used a totally different technique and it worked. Very knowledgeable nice man very nice staff!!!! Excellent experience!

flag | Submitted November 27, 2014

Hands down one of the best in the States. I've worked with as many as 30 in a 5 state area, haven't seen anone better.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2014

Care was transferred to him after my surgeon of almost 10 years became ill. Was to have a redo decompression and plans were about set, however had to see Dr. Pinto first which is understandable. Long story short, his nurse/staff refused to return telephone calls / questions of concern, accused me of delaying the process because I was suppose to do PT and which was never discussed. Was talked down to by his nurse when she did call back. After being a patient of probably the best tcs had to offer and being treated with respect and care and being transferred to Dr. Pinto and treated like no one as well as having a respected partners diagnoses and groudwork for patient care distroyed in seconds, a lot of respect was lost and would not trust him to use white out to work on a picture of my spine at this point. If your uncaring in follow up, what is the team like in actual surgery?

flag | Submitted June 29, 2012

His staff is horrible at returning calls. If you make a call every day for a week you may have a tiny chanve of having it returned

flag | Submitted October 18, 2011

I had a L4/5 S1 fusion. Anesthesia at the hosp. screwed up & took no responsibility. The rod then broke 4 weeks later. He told me that had never happened. The sales rep. said that`s not true. Broken rod was left in for 1 year & then it was taken out. At some point I became incontinant(sp?). After another year he did a 3rd surgery & refused it again but so much damage was done. Hosp. care was a nightmere. I lost my career forever do to the anesthesia error. He ended up giving a friend of mine a higher disability rating that never had surgery than he did me after the 3 surgeries. Very confusing. I have a new Dr. now, that`s all I`ll say. I think his assistant is very good. Him ?

flag | Submitted May 30, 2010

In 2000 I saw Dr Pinto after having seen many other Doctors and Specialists over the course of 4 years for help with degenerative disc problems in my lower back. Dr Pinto was very knowledgeable, respectful and courtious. He knew exactly what needed to be done to help me out and suggested performing an anterior and posterior spinal fusion L4-L5/L5-S1. After having tried everything else from psycological pain management, steroid injections, phycial therapy, chiropractic etc, I elected to do the surgery. He was very supportive of a second opinion, gave referals for patients around my same age having undergone spinal fusion surgery and came highly recommended by his peers. Since the surgery I have been able to water ski, go bowling, ride my bicycle, sit at my computer to work, and more remarkably was able cary 2 beautiful children with limited back pain throughout the pregnancies. I would highly recommend (and have) Dr Pinto to anyone considering a spinal fusion surgery.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2007

DID A SPINAL FUSION ON ME, DID VERY WELL. IS CONSIDERED THE BEST IN THIS FIELD.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2007

Dr. Pinto was very polite, helpful, etc. and perfomed a second fusion for me. Surgery was unsuccessful (as he said may happen). Saw him a few more years for follow-up. Since my injury was WC, needed him to complete a required permanancy rating. Never heard from him after several letters, calls, etc. So made appt. with him. He actually screamed IN my face, etc. with HIS assistant in the room before I even was able to say a word. After a few minutes of this, I left the room crying feeling completely violated and in shock. He actually sent me a chart note saying he would no longer be seeing ME. Would never recommend him to anyone else, although he came highly recommended to me.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2005