Ratings for Dr. Lawrence A. Bircoll

Dr. Bircoll performed my total knee replacement in July. I was totally pleased with him and his staff. They were very professional and he was very caring about me and my recovery. I read some of the comments that were left about Dr. Bircoll and can understand the points of view. He has a straight forward, strong personality that may be too much for some. I personally was not offended by it; in fact, I prefer the direct approach. Just be my doctor, tell me what the problem is and tell me what you can do to fix it. I think he is the BEST

flag | Submitted September 18, 2014

Dr Bircoll and his staff are upstanding. Honest, tells you what is wrong and why. He explains what can be done. There is no pushing it is your decision when you are ready. During surgery and after Dr Bircoll was at the Hospital every day. Told me what he found during the procedure. What to expect when I got home. He had already set up Home care and everything I needed. Every time I go back He is friendly, remembers me and positive with my recovery. Dr Biroll has done Both of my Hips and I will be back to him if I need to..

flag | Submitted September 8, 2014

Dr. Bircoll is not a good doctor. He is very opinionated and doesn't show concern for his patients. He always seemed to be in a rush and spends very little time with you. Very cold and refuses to accept if there is a problem. Will just pile you up and pain medications. Don't choose this doctor.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2014

Dr Bircoll is a great doctor who did my husbands Tom Viar shoulder replacement surgery. He has a great bedside manner and makes you feel at ease and not so scared and nervous. Dr Bircoll takes the time to answer your questions and to explain everything to you. After the surgery he came out to tell me how my husband did with the surgery. Dr Bircoll was in early the next morning after the surgery to check on my husband. I would highly recommend Dr Bircoll for his expertise and his kind and caring ways. Dr Bircoll makes you feel like your family or a good friend and not a patient.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2014

He is very cold and opiniated. Very poor bedside maner. Did nto take time to explain things. He does not take time to listen to the patient. He is not considerate of how the patient feeling.He is in a hurry and did not want to spend any more time with us than he had to. HE did not want to deal with us and just referred us to another doctor. He has no patients and with that attitude he will have one less patient. Would not recommend him.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2014

Patient of 5+ years. Staff is friendly and efficient. X-rays are done onsite and are discussed in same visit. Dr. Bircoll may talk fast and move fast, but have all issues and questions at the ready when he walks into the room and he will address every one. My 1991 auto accident injuries had progressed to decreased range of motion and leg length, an outward rotation at the hip and chronic arthritis in my left hip. In 2009, Dr. Bircoll told me I would need a hip replacement. I wasn't ready at age 35. He told me it would always be my decision and when I was ready, to let him know and we'd do therapy and pain management until then. In November of 2013, x-rays revealed my left hip was "gone". It was hip replacement surgery now or pelvic reconstructive + hip replacement surgery later. Dr. Bircoll said "I can fix it." It took him 2.5 hours in January 2014 to correct 10+ collective years of pain & declination. I'm getting stronger and doing more now than I could years ago.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2014

flag | Submitted February 13, 2014

Dr. Bircoll rocks!! He performed my carpel tunnel surgery. I did what he told me to do and my hand is fine!!

flag | Submitted October 14, 2011

Absolutely the worst doctor I have ever met. I went to him for an elbow issue (he said tennis elbow). I told him the problem was in my neck which he refused to accept. Went for MRI, which showed no problem with the elbow, and therapy. He offered plenty of pain killers...just like a pill mill. After 6 months I went to a chiropractor who located a pinched nerve, in my neck and 3 months later I am pain free. RUN, don't walk from this incompetent practitioner.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2011

Flippant about my condition, didn't want to spend time answering questions, and couldn't remember what had been done. Didn't even bother to x-ray my ankle until I suggested it 4 months into physical therapy and anti-inflammatories. Turned out to be a torn achilles tendon with a heel calcification so all the physical therapy was just about pointless. Then told me I could either have surgery or live with it, that it would be better if I just ruptured the tendon. I suggested therapy I had researched on the intranet which he thought had already been done but hadn't. He left room before I had chance to get all my questions answered. Had to track down nurse to get answers. I changed doctors and will have surgery with him - and the surgery he is doing will NOT involve detaching my tendon as Bircoll had said.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2008

Dr. Lawrence A. Bircoll's Credentials

• University Of Michigan Medical School (Grad. 1988)