You may also like

Ratings for Dr. John Carr

Went for a routine colonoscopy. Procedure was done at the end of Oct. 2014. Well it's now Feb. 2016. I am still living a Terrible life. He said he lazered 3 internal hemorrhoids then coterized them. All the info I came across clearly explained only one should be removed during a surgery. He removed 3 of them all in one visit. Also have had 2 other surgeries to try and fix his mess. Scar tissue etc. living with constant pain and blood loss now. Will be going back got St Pauls Hospital to see the collar rectal surgeon again. Dr Carr is also non understanding when it comes to ethnic and religeous concerns. Go to someone else that will discuss with you what they are going to do before they do it so you can weigh your options. He never gave me that chance. He just went in and decided to do what he thought was right without talking to me about it first. He has messed me up real good.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2016

flag | Submitted February 10, 2015

I recently had a colonoscopy and subsequently went through colon cancer surgery. I must say that Dr. Carr, in my humble opinion to be be Number One. He was very attentive and spent much time visiting me during my stay in the hospital after the surgery and I never once was left with the feeling that he should have been somewhere else. Since I was not awake during the surgery but I am currently still alive I have to assume that he is a excellent surgeon. My only complaint is that my career as a swimsuit model has probably over due to the scar that is now visible. If you are in need of a surgeon, seek him out before he does something foolish like retiring.

Submitted December 7, 2014

Submitted November 3, 2014

I believe Dr. Carr to be one of the finest doctors and surgeons in Nanaimo. He performed surgery on my wife and we both found him to be very caring, forthright and a most knowledgeable medical doctor. He thoroughly managed my wife's cancer treatments, ensuring a team od specialists were promptly assigned to treat her. His medical assistant was extremely pleasant and helpful making travel arrangements and appointments so easy to handle. Throughout the cancer journey with my wife, I have heard nothing but compliments from the other medical specialists and patients that have been treated or have had deals with Dr. Carr. His fine reputation as a surgeon is known throughout the cancer centres in both Victoria and Nanaimo. A fine Doctor that instills hope and positivity in his patients.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2014

Dr. Carr is awesome: he saved my life. I had a breast lump which was biopsied & 3 out of 4 pathologists who examined it all said it wasn't cancer. The 4th one said it "probably" wasn't, but didn't know what it was. Dr.Carr made sure it was examined by a 5th pathologist, an expert in the field of breast cancer, who confirmed that it was indeed cancer. The lumpectomy surgery was done within days & Dr.Carr took all kinds of time to address my concerns, questions etc, and see me if I wasn't feeling right about something. 13 years later, here I am: still standing & still cancer free. (Not only that but the guy's an ARTIST with the scalpel: I was looking at my scar last night and at first I had a hard time finding it!) I love this guy!!

flag | Submitted October 15, 2012

I recently had breast surgery performed by Dr. Carr and this is the third procedure that he has performed for me. I previously had a gall-bladder removal and a colonoscopy performed by him. I first met Dr. Carr in the emergency ward when he was the surgeon on call and I was having a gall bladder attack. I was very impressed with him and after my surgery I knew that if I ever needed a surgeon, he would be the one I would want. Dr. Carr is everything you want in a surgeon. He is very professional, respectful, compassionate, has a great bedside manner, wonderful telephone manner, and above all is a very skilled surgeon. My family and I have total respect for Dr. Carr and no matter what the problem might be, we would feel that by having Dr. Carr as the surgeon we would be in the best possible hands. With my recent issue, from the office visit, to the visit in the hallway outside the O.R., the visit in the recovery room, and the followup phone call, I would rate him 100% Thank you Dr. Carr

flag | Submitted November 23, 2011

Any aspiring physician need look no further for a role model. As a surgeon - Dr. Carr is a professionally capable - talented individual maintaining an updated resume of techniques, equipment and procedures. Medically - it would be difficult to find someone with more compassion. Dr. Carr makes the effort to respond to individual needs and takes the time to have his patients be knowledgeable and involved in treatment. Even with his busy scheduile - Dr. Carr maintains a relaxed - straightforward demeanour - resulting in a relaxed patient. Respect begets respect and Dr. John A. Carr has all of the respect I have ever had for any professional. Thank you Sir!

flag | Submitted April 21, 2010

Dr. Carr is a very skilled surgeon. My gallbladder removal was worry free, and my recovery was speedy. Dr. Carr even personally took the time to call my family, (who couldn't be at the hospital) and let them know the surgery went well. I have a great respect for such a great surgeon....Thank you Dr. Carr

flag | Submitted September 29, 2009

Dr. Carr did my gallbladder surgery. I have other health issues, and he managed these difficulties during the surgery without any problems. A very skilled and knowledgeable doctor! Great bedside manner, and I was always confident that he was capable of providing the best care. He is highly regarded by the nursing staff at NRGH. I would highly recommend Dr. Carr.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2009

Dr. John Carr's Credentials

Updates

• A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "Went for a routine colonoscopy. Procedure was done at the end of Oct. 2014. Well it's now Feb. 2016. I am still living a Terrible life. He said he lazered 3 int..."

February 4, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Just fixed my hernia and removed a lump from arm. Excellent bedside manor and very pleasant person overall. Did a great job on the surgery! Thank you!"

February 10, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I recently had a colonoscopy and subsequently went through colon cancer surgery. I must say that Dr. Carr, in my humble opinion to be be Number One. He was v..."

December 7, 2014
  • A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "I had a surgical procedure by him without anaesthetic. He was abrupt in the OR, didn't acknoledge me at all, then had someone else suture me. I think he should ..."

November 12, 2014
  • A new 3-star rating has been posted. "I went to Dr Carr for a biopsy when I was 21. He spoke directly to my Mom who I has brought with me for support, I felt like I wasn't in the room. He met me in..."

November 3, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I believe Dr. Carr to be one of the finest doctors and surgeons in Nanaimo. He performed surgery on my wife and we both found him to be very caring, forthright..."

September 8, 2014