Ratings for Dr. John Carr

I would highly recommend this surgeon. He is knowledgeable, spends time explaining details to his patients including answering all questions, and is extremely competent.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2017

Bilateral mastectomy, accommodating to your earliest convenient. Coordinated follow up cancer clinic in Victoria and genetic study at Vancouver. Excellent care, attention to detail, he is listening always, remembers what you said, makes you feel very safe. A very warm human being knows how to talk to people, good humor. Very pleasant staff. They made with the Nanaimo Hospital and the public nurse follow up at home a very easy going experience Thank you !

flag | Submitted March 27, 2017

Pleasant, caring and competent. Reassuring chat with me in OR both pre and post op. Bilateral hernia repair smooth as silk. No problems post op and easy instructions to follow. I was most fortunate to be referred to him.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2017

awesome doctor caring knowledgeable - excellent service

flag | Submitted March 6, 2017

Dr. Carr is the best in Nanaimo. Very competent. Did my breast cancer surgery...did a really good job. Very caring, great bedside manner! I highly recommend him!

flag | Submitted July 21, 2016

Breast cancer removed, very prompt and mild mannered. Genuinely concered for you, not phonieat all

flag | Submitted April 21, 2016

Went for a routine colonoscopy. Procedure was done at the end of Oct. 2014. Well it's now Feb. 2016. I am still living a Terrible life. He said he lazered 3 internal hemorrhoids then coterized them. All the info I came across clearly explained only one should be removed during a surgery. He removed 3 of them all in one visit. Also have had 2 other surgeries to try and fix his mess. Scar tissue etc. living with constant pain and blood loss now. Will be going back got St Pauls Hospital to see the collar rectal surgeon again. Dr Carr is also non understanding when it comes to ethnic and religeous concerns. Go to someone else that will discuss with you what they are going to do before they do it so you can weigh your options. He never gave me that chance. He just went in and decided to do what he thought was right without talking to me about it first. He has messed me up real good.

Submitted February 4, 2016

Just fixed my hernia and removed a lump from arm. Excellent bedside manor and very pleasant person overall. Did a great job on the surgery! Thank you!

flag | Submitted February 10, 2015

I recently had a colonoscopy and subsequently went through colon cancer surgery. I must say that Dr. Carr, in my humble opinion to be be Number One. He was very attentive and spent much time visiting me during my stay in the hospital after the surgery and I never once was left with the feeling that he should have been somewhere else. Since I was not awake during the surgery but I am currently still alive I have to assume that he is a excellent surgeon. My only complaint is that my career as a swimsuit model has probably over due to the scar that is now visible. If you are in need of a surgeon, seek him out before he does something foolish like retiring.

Submitted December 7, 2014