Ratings for Dr. Glenn P. Ward

Let's all be honest in these comments. there could not possibly be 14 inches between above your pubic area to your navel. If there is you have a lot more to worry about

flag | Submitted January 4, 2015

I went to the hospital in Bham and Ward was the on staff surgeon. I had a wire in my gut that had to come out. I'm a 51 yr old in shape female, I've had three kids with no c-section or stretch marks. But Dr. Ward decided that I needed a 14" scar. He cut me from above my pubic all the way to above my navel. This after a CT scan showing him exactly where the wire was, when he sewed me back together my scar looks like a freak sideways smile. My MD doc took one look at it and said, OMG. It's TERRIBLE! Dr Ward manage to scar me for life and I pray he never does this to anyone else. He talked to my family like they were homeless ppl asking for a handout. His bedside manner is the worst possible, he appears to have anger issues with his patients. I would never recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2014

Would not talk to me about anything could not get nothing for pain after 72 hr after a bad hernia surgery. Didn't talk to my wife the day I had surgery didn't give me an excuse to miss any work, I think he could have done a better job I paid cash for everything and got treated like I would never pay anything, NO EXSCUSE...................

flag | Submitted October 27, 2012

I went to his office because of varicose veins in my legs.He said they needed to be stripped and scheduled surgery."Stripped",means two 1/2 inch incisions,one at the top and one at the bottom of each vein.Worst case surgery was "excision",meaning a few 1/2 inch incisions along the lenght of the vein about every 12 inches.I had to ask the floor nurse to have him come by my room at the hospital,to make sure of the vein location,because they are not visible when you are lying down.He seemed irritated at this and said he would see me in surgery.I went home after the surgery,bandaged from the top of my thighs to below my heels and on the second day,I wanted to peek at my 1/2 inch incisions.I literally screamed for my husband and when we took the bandages loose,I had over 200 staples along over four feet of scar lines on both legs!He followed the path of the veins with a scalpel and literally cut them out. He never gave me a reason.I am horribly scarred and hope no one ever trusts him again.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2006

Dr. Glenn P. Ward's Credentials

• Univ Of Al Sch Of Med, Birmingham Al 35294 (Grad. 1981)

Beechstreet