Ratings for Dr. Robert L. Halpern

No problem! Feel well taken care of!Has a tear in my retina, and he took care or it and follow up for over a year! I was very nervous and besides him, his staff were also excellent!!!

flag | Submitted April 24, 2012

DR.Halpern apparently has to many patients.He never explains anything,and good luck if you can get a word in before he darts out the room. This is the first doctors office i have dealt with where dealing with them is frustrating.When you leave you are left scratching your head wondering. Oh scheduling of appointments he is not flexible at ALL. I damn near lost my job having to take off work or leave early,because he does certain things on certain days and times. My mother cant drive herself so i have to take her and she is in a wheelchair. We are searching for another doctor.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2011

I was treated(laser) by Dr.Halpern for Central Serous Retinopathy(CSR) in Jan 2011 and now( 2 months later) I am perfectly fine. He is a man of few words and tries to be efficient with his time. But I believe he knows what he does and that is what matters.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2011

Dr. Halpern showed exceptional friendliness with his greeting. I am my own advocate, so I asked questions, and received satisfactory responses. His assistant gave me some helpful advice after my appointment.

flag | Submitted December 28, 2009

Dr. Halpern has been treating my wife for ten years. He is very professional and we feel he has done an excellent job of managing her diabetes related issues. We are very pleased with the level of his care.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2009

Dr. Halpern has been treating my dad for over 7 months and he has the worst bedside manners EVER. His lack of communication about what is going on with my dad's health keeps everyone wondering. After we went for a second opinion and third opinion, it was clear that Dr. Halpern had no idea how to treat my father for his symptoms. His office is charging $200 to obtain his medical records. Our family is upset, everyone has no idea what to do....he has no concern for the patient. Just can't recommend him.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2009

I regained site in my eye after detached retina surgery performed by Dr Halpern. So I guess he is a good surgeon. But I cannot recommend him because of everything else. He is such a poor communicator. He will give no information unless you specifically ask and even then it is very little. I was followed up for about 6 month and most of the time had no idea what to expect! As far as Dr Halpern is concerned, you are an eye that needs treatment. The fact that you are scared to death, worried, afraid, your life totally disrupted, and your family members feeling the same way is of no importance to him. He trys to see too many patients but gives none of them the attention they need. He needs to get off his ego trip.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2008

Dr. Robert L. Halpern's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Robert L Halpern, M.D. is a Board Certified Ophthalmologist specializing in vitreo-retinal disease. His undergraduate degree is from Harvard University and his medical school degree is from the University of Michigan. He completed residency training at Lennox Hill Hospital and his fellowship training at Eye Consultants of Atlanta. Dr. Halpern joined Eye Consultants of Atlanta in 1992 and practices at the Cumberland location.

• Univ Of Mi Med Sch, Ann Arbor Mi 48109 (Grad. 1988)

• Dry macular degeneration