Ratings for Dr. Valencia R. Burruss

The wait time in this office is the worse I have ever seen and the staff does absolutely nothing to ease that wait time. They don't even come in to check on you while you wait. The doctor is pleasant for the most part but other than that the service is horrible.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2016

Dr. Valencia R. Burruss is a carrying individual and knowledgable.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2016

Well I have discovered the reason she is always late... while I was well into 45 minutes of waiting for her my son had to go potty and I had another one in the room so I stood outside the door to listen for my other one. I see in her office and one of the nurses is just standing there talking and giggling with someone... I figured it wasnt the Dr because all the rooms were full... well out of curiosity of who was sitting there for 5 minutes giggling and talking... I acted like I didnt know the way back to our room to walk pby the office and sure enough she was sitting there texting or playing a game on her phone talking to the nurse about nothing important. I went back to my room and didnt close the door and she came in a minute later and had a huge attitude and said I needed to keep my door closed. I actually walked out right in front of her. My son has asthma and has been sick and we can never get an appointment. We always end up having to go to the ER for any help. Im calling Amerigroup today to let them know what happened and switch our provider.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2015

I think I'll have to agree with the others. I got the FIRST appointment of the morning because I wanted to make sure I was going to be in and out for the dreaded annual. I was there on time. The Dr. was OVER AN HOUR LATE!!!!! No reasons, no apologies. Just walked in like nothing. I had been sitting there in that cold office, with only a thin gown and she walks in like I had been there only 10 minutes. I was so tempted to put my clothes back on and just leave. I won't be going back. She's not very friendly and I don't really feel comfortable asking her questions. She tends to act like you're 'bothering' her and wasting her time.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2014

Be prepared to wait over an hour to see the doctor. She's polite, but her staff sucks....

flag | Submitted October 15, 2014

I'm over 400#s ,can't stand straight ,can barely walk ,too much pian,was told to eat better and excerise.I truly try but it hurts alot.was told no to meds to help get to the goal.was givin HIGH blood pressure meds that made me feel nervous.told her I quit taking them because of that. She ignored this and did not offer to help find something else(STANDARD of care issue).my opinion is she thinks I'm an overweight 60 year old junky (I AM NOT) so nothing to help with the pain,but why no help with the blood pressure meds? I walked out with only a tube of cream for bug bites. It is my opinion that I'm too WHITE and she'll never help me(DO NO HARM)because she might be racist. After seeing her for at least 3 years the lack of carrying about my blood pressure problem I had to cut her loose due to POOR STANDART OF CARE AND MABY RACISM

flag | Submitted May 23, 2014

The staff is nice and that is the only positive thing about this facility. I have found Dr. Burruss to be rude, aloft and uncaring when it comes to treating children. She does not seem to have a wealth of knowledge, and does not devote the appropriate amount of time to her patients. She has been extremely late EVERY SINGLE time we have been scheduled for an appointment, and she is not at all apologetic for it. As for the person asserted that those patients who have referred to this physician as being rude must be "jealous" of her, or something of the sort, I ask that you take a moment to consider the real possibility that our experiences may very-well differ as a result of a number of factors, so to levy such a random accusation is completely uncalled for. I am glad that your experiences with this physician have been positive, but unfortunately, that is not the case for everyone. We will be changing doctors ASAP.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2014

Excellent physician! Dr. Burruss has been my doctor for the past 20 years. She is very friendly, dependable, and caring. I am not sure who the patient/s were that said she is unfriendly and so is her staff. I think that person must have her confused with another doctor or just wanted to vent or is jealous of Dr. Burruss, because Dr. Burruss is not only intellignet, she is very pretty as well!

flag | Submitted June 24, 2013

Dr. Burruss is very unfriendly. She has a stack of medical charts on her desk and is very unorganized. She is always LATE for everything and her staff is very rude and unhelpful. I would not recommend this dr to my worst enemy!!! She is hateful and almost unsanitary. She also injects into your spine with absolutely no xray! Which is very dangerous and her methods of treatment are extremely weird!!!! I will NEVER treat at her office EVER!!! I would suggest that you not either. Unless having infected needles thrown around the office does not bother you.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2010

Dr. Burruss always takes time to explain the nature of your illness so that you have an understandin of what is happening. She and her staff are very friendly.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2009

Dr. Valencia R. Burruss's Credentials

• Univ Of Al Sch Of Med, Birmingham Al 35294 (Grad. 1993)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Douglasville, GA