Ratings for Dr. Badar H. Syed

Dr Syed is kind and knowledgeable. However, his office staff have something to be desired. My wait times to be seen have exceeded over an hour past my scheduled appointment times. Their flippant attitudes are most obvious on the phone. This office has repeatedly misplaced my chart, underwritten my prescriptions, and misplaced my messages. If the office staff could do their job, the practice would be much better. But it isn't.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2014

Go if you want an amazing doctor, but prepare to deal with the terrible staff! Dr. Syed is the most compassionate doctor I have met, along with being very knowledgeable. However, be prepared for nasty staff members who lose paperwork constantly and yell at the patients. One girl constantly rolls her eyes each patient, and talks about them while they're sitting 3 feet away. I decided to get another neurologist since dealing with his staff was too much to handle.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2014

Dr. Syed is a great doctor! He's compassionate, listens to what you have to say and explains things very well. His office staff, on the other hand, is HORRIBLE!! I had to visit this doctor 3 times. The first time my wait was 2 hrs. The second time was almost 3! The third time, was almost 3.5! Each appointment I was to have an Rx called in. It took them anywhere from 3 days to a week to accomplish this. I would call to see what the delay was and was told it was being called in "Right now". When you call, the staff acts like it is a hassle to help. I've never dealt with an office like this. I'm looking for a new Neurologist.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2013

I love Dr. Syed! He is knowledgeable, curteous and listens to each complaint, symptom, concern one may have. He has never made me feel that my condition was "in my head" as another doctor did. Upon my first visit, after his exam, he was pretty certain he knew the diagnosis. During the next appointment after testing we began treatment. I have NEVER had a doctor call to see how I was doing/feeling, yet Dr. Syed has several times. He is behind schedule often, but this is his only downfall in my opinion and the way I look at it is like this: I would rather have a doctor who takes his time with me instead of rushing me in and out so he can properly treat me than have a doctor so worried about being on schedule that something serious could be missed. If you need a neurologist, a great neurologist, in the Gwinnett area, I'd highly recommend Dr. Syed. He and his staff are so impressive, to me, that we drive an hour just to get to his office!

Submitted July 6, 2011