Ratings for Dr. Badar H. Syed

So, I showed up on time for my 2:30 appointment. I wait and wait and wait-finally at about 4:05 I get called into the room to see the physician. Now let me preface this by saying, I am a single mom of a special needs child and have very little time to myself, nevermind time to go to a very necessary doctor's appointment. But because I have been getting headaches, I cancelled several other things (like working) to see the doctor. Ok when he enters the room it is 4:27. I explained to him that I had been here since my scheduled 2:30 time and that I had to leave by 4:30 to pick my son up from tutoring. He explained that he fell behind in his schedule and apologized but said he needed me to have more time if I wanted to be seen. Ironic right? He then walks me to his secretary, instructs her to return my co pay and hands my chart stating, "she only has 3 minutes'. No sir...I actually had 2 hours; you just happen to finally come in when I only had 3 minutes. The unprofessional thing here is how he: 1 switched the burden of responsibility to me; and 2. doctors who overbook seem greedy. They get the money but have no respect for the patient's time. Tell me what would have happened had I not shown up for the appointment. Correct-he would have charged me for wasting his time.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2018

Dr Syed is kind and knowledgeable. However, his office staff have something to be desired. My wait times to be seen have exceeded over an hour past my scheduled appointment times. Their flippant attitudes are most obvious on the phone. This office has repeatedly misplaced my chart, underwritten my prescriptions, and misplaced my messages. If the office staff could do their job, the practice would be much better. But it isn't.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2014

Go if you want an amazing doctor, but prepare to deal with the terrible staff! Dr. Syed is the most compassionate doctor I have met, along with being very knowledgeable. However, be prepared for nasty staff members who lose paperwork constantly and yell at the patients. One girl constantly rolls her eyes each patient, and talks about them while they're sitting 3 feet away. I decided to get another neurologist since dealing with his staff was too much to handle.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2014

Dr. Syed is a great doctor! He's compassionate, listens to what you have to say and explains things very well. His office staff, on the other hand, is HORRIBLE!! I had to visit this doctor 3 times. The first time my wait was 2 hrs. The second time was almost 3! The third time, was almost 3.5! Each appointment I was to have an Rx called in. It took them anywhere from 3 days to a week to accomplish this. I would call to see what the delay was and was told it was being called in "Right now". When you call, the staff acts like it is a hassle to help. I've never dealt with an office like this. I'm looking for a new Neurologist.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2013

I love Dr. Syed! He is knowledgeable, curteous and listens to each complaint, symptom, concern one may have. He has never made me feel that my condition was "in my head" as another doctor did. Upon my first visit, after his exam, he was pretty certain he knew the diagnosis. During the next appointment after testing we began treatment. I have NEVER had a doctor call to see how I was doing/feeling, yet Dr. Syed has several times. He is behind schedule often, but this is his only downfall in my opinion and the way I look at it is like this: I would rather have a doctor who takes his time with me instead of rushing me in and out so he can properly treat me than have a doctor so worried about being on schedule that something serious could be missed. If you need a neurologist, a great neurologist, in the Gwinnett area, I'd highly recommend Dr. Syed. He and his staff are so impressive, to me, that we drive an hour just to get to his office!

Submitted July 6, 2011