Ratings for Dr. Ara Elmajian

I've always been afraid of Dentists having had many bad experiences however I had amazing work done through Dr. Elmajian's office! While going through late stage Breast Cancer and told I was in my final days by Traditional medicine a Naturopathic Doctor recommended that I check out my root canals for infection. Apparently 90% of women who have breast cancer have root canals. I went to a highly rated Dentist who gave me substandard xray's & a treatment plan totaling more than $5,000 based on guessing that I had infections in previous wisdom teeth removal sites and both root canals. I felt uneasy about having 4 holes dug into my jaw, I wasn't working so it was extremely expensive and based on the fact that I couldn't see anything on his Xrays I wanted a second opinion. I was highly recommended to Dr. Elmajian's office and forewarned that he ran a very busy office. They were running late but the Receptionists were very professional. I was EXTREMELY impressed with Dr. Elmajian's knowledge, including the impact of Root Canals on Breast Cancer. Their 360 degree panoramic Xray technology was 100% worth the extra cost & exposure because I could clearly see that both Root Canals were infected and needed to be removed however NEITHER previous wisdom teeth removal sites needed cavitations. My bill ended up being thousands less or around half of the original estimate. My surgery ended with absolutely no pain involved during the surgery or following the surgery and there was very little if any swelling and the healing time was fairly quick considering my Immune system was so compromised already. The breast Cancer went into remission approximately 12 months after I was supposed to have died! I'm still alive and well three years later! Thank you Dr. Ara Emajian & Dr. Paulos you were definitely worth the wait and I will never go to a different Dentist's office and have referred many happy people there! L

flag | Submitted October 27, 2017

I will not go back to Dr. Elmajian's clinic. While there I felt like part of a very fast conveyer. I think the dentist who attended to me was pressured for time and I felt this pressure. The front desk had a number of things mixed up or delayed. I was talked into a 3D scan without a sufficient explanation. They sent me to a specialist to search for methods of treatment; after another fee paid, the specialist said there was no problem to address. Then Dr. Elmajian's clinic insisted the problem was there and that the specialist just was not as sophisticated as them to recognize it. They did not recommend a further plan.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2017

Very rude. He pass his bad mood on patient. When I asked him the reason why the tooth still hurt after treatment, he blame me for everything. And their doctors ask you to take CT even for a simple toothache. Ridiculous !

flag | Submitted January 12, 2017

Don't go here, there jerk you around for money after failed procedures. I honestly feel like I've been scammed, worst experience ever.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2016

One of the strangest 'dental' appointments I have ever had. I was referred by my dentist and when I went to him (from out of town I would add) I expected he would talk to me about options to correct my jaw clicking, but instead, he spent about 25 minutes, out of our 35 minute appointment, telling me how good he is at what he does, and how orthodontists wrecked my bite and about all the time he spent studying in Europe and about how much smarter and better he was than all the other supposed 'dentist's out there. He also felt the need to go on an extensive diatribe after I told him I worked in Aboriginal affairs, about how Aboriginal people take everything for granted and they get everything for free and why can't they just work hard, move on and forget the past...really, I thought I was here about my teeth? I got the sense he thought he was some kind of holistic dental god. The real kicker though, was after he spent half hour explaining to me why my jaw was clicking (because of the crappy job the orthodontists apparently did 15 years ago) he said not to worry too much because it was just a matter of time before stem cells could fix everything? Then he left the room to have his assistants go through the treatment plan with me, which is when I found out, that because Dr. Elmajian created his own design and approach to these stints which he uses to correct the jaw, that they are not recognized by the Canadian Dental Association, and therefore not covered by most/any dental plans! Wish I knew that right off the bat that I would have to come up with over 2500$ out of my own pocket for this treatment? Bizarre experience and I will definitely not be going back here for any further consultation or treatment.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2016

I have had a LOT of very poor, inept and just plain bad experiences with dentists and dental surgeons of all kinds, from all over North America in my 60 years on this planet. Although I have been on the holistic path for some time, I was unaware until a couple of years ago, that the best biological dentist in the world happens to be right here in Vancouver, Dr. Ara Elmajian. How do I know this? Having had a chronic history of serious TMJ dental issues, that were never handled properly, I finally went to Dr. Elmajian in desperation, and his team of surgeons and holistic healers for a third opinion, when in crisis from a root canal that had gone wrong, by another specialist , Dr. Diggins. Within minutes I knew he was "the one. " Dr. Elmajian was the only dentist that A) Had the courage , compassion and honesty to tell me the truth of my complex condition, and was assured and committed he could help me . B) Had an immediate , realistic , safe & sensible, long term holistic solution C) Quoted me 30% less in fees than all the other specialists. And since working with him, D) Has followed through and supported me, on every procedure, especially when any complications arose. That abscessed root canal which almost cost me my life, instead cost me my left jawbone. A complex treatment that could not have been possible 10 years ago has ensued. All my teeth in my left jaw were removed, a new jawbone graft put in, implants and soon , crowns. With the kind support of their amazing, knowledgeable team, I knew on those tough low days which are all part of the process of healing, that I would get through it. And I am almost there. For over 20 months I have been on a long term, complex restoration that is working and and has changed my life. I have read some of the negative remarks made and will only say this. To heal...it takes a a partnership with you, your health team. Healing takes dedication, discipline, fortitude, courage , faith, with an open mind & heart . "They" can give you the tools and treatments but essentially, if you are not willing to trust them and also do your own work, you will not progress. And you will not heal. And it is not their fault. It your responsibility. As it you, who has to want, and will yourself to heal oneself. This and more I have come to fully understand, thanks to the consistent care, and expertise, of Dr. Elmajian and his highly qualified staff. I have met patients from all over the world now who have been "saved" , like me, to live their healthy lives and regain their dreams. Yes, Dr. Ara Elmajian is a renegade pioneer in biological dentisty who is unafraid to stand up to small mindedness , narrow judgement , criticism and judgement . YAY! YAY! YAY! He has in spite of the nay sayers, been practicing successfully, for over 45 years...that's a very long time. His vast experience is unsurpassed and ranks with the best in the world. If you think he comes across as arrogant, look deeper. In fact he is someone who knows EXACTLY of what he practices and preaches . So it is not arrogance, it is total confidence in his life long tried and true, knowledge of seeing the consistent results of his treatments! He knows of what he speaks folks. So, if you are so wise as to choose to work with him and his team, recognize it is an equal partnership and watch out , as it will be a ride of self awareness and learning unlike anything you ever experienced. I feel so so so fortunate and grateful to have the opportunity to have Dr. A as my dentist and for his passion to learn, give and share his zeal with me and countless others who like, me respect, and adore this kind, loving and brilliant man. THANK YOU from the bottom and top of my heart.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2015

Dr Ara Elmajian is a pioneer in the field of biological dentistry, his diagnoses of my TMJ was spot on. His treatment was half the price that i was quoted by another dentist.

Submitted December 30, 2014

A good friend recommended I make an appointment and get an initial consultation with Dr Elmajian. His office staff were extremely helpful even though they were fully booked up to Christmas Eve. His assistant Aurora called me back and said, Dr Ara Elmajian can see you early morning of December 24th. The staff at the reception were friendly, and meeting the Doc was a pleasant experience since I have watched most of his Youtube videos. He explained why I was experiencing the pain on one side of my jaw and not the other side, and what to do about it. Highly recommend the initial consultation, it was well worth the 3 hour drive.

flag | Submitted December 28, 2014

I see why so many clients of Dr. Ara Elmajian either love him or hate him. He reminds me of John McEnroe of tennis, he is passionate about his work and he is not shy to express it. Dr. Ara Elmajian is an expert at dental diagnostics and he calls it as he see it. By far the best holistic dentist in Vancouver and he is way ahead of his time.

flag | Submitted December 26, 2014

Dr. Ara Elmajian is a genuine dentist that is willing to tell you the truth. His assessment of my dental profile was amazingly accurate and extremely helpful. If you ask good questions, you will get great answers, he is a straight shooter. I asked Dr. Elmajian tons of questions and he answered everyone in clear manner, no fluff or dental jargons. He also created a very clear plan of what i needed to do and when to do it, His staff are also very friendly and professional.

flag | Submitted December 26, 2014