Ratings for Dr. Hugh Thompson

He has always been absolutely amazing and so gentle with my daughter. When talking with other dentists they had wanted to do amalgam fillings, pull teeth, do root canals....when it was unneccesary to do any of this aside from the filling..in which case never would I put a mercury filling in my childs mouth. Took her to Hugh, and sure enough, none of all that other major stuff which would have required putting her under was necessary. So grateful for this dentists office! Sincerely Tamara

flag | Submitted May 27, 2016

I live in Calgary, AB and travel 8 hours to go to his practice in Kamloops, BC. Dr. Thomson is the most well researched and educated naturopathic dentist I could find in Western Canada. He and his staff are amazingly efficient and friendly, while taking the time to answer my questions about procedures and alternative medicines. He is genuinely concerned for the total body health of all of his patients. I do my own research on health, but I take a great deal of comfort knowing that he and his staff perform most advanced holistic dentistry available to me.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2016

I recently had the experience of having 3 amalgams removed by Dr. Hugh Thompson. He was extremely careful about the protocols and procedures he used to accomplish the process and sensitive to my particular anxieties with regards to dental surgery. I had researched extensively regarding the safety protocols and Dr. Thompson utilized all of them meticulously. I understand it does take time to get feeling better after amalgams have been removed but I was feeling considerably better only days following my procedures. I was relieved to find a local dentist so extremely knowledgeable and competent to avoid having to go to the lower mainland for this procedure. Dr. Thompson is in my view the best dentist I have had the privilege of being treated by. He is kind, sensitive, knowledgeable and extremely professional. I would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2016

Since immediately after having 3 amalgam fillings removed, I have become ill with autoimmune diseases. This apparently is fairly common from what I am reading do to mercury getting into the system. Even though a seemingly committed assistant spent much time with me on the telephone prior to the appointment discussing and overwhelming me with information to research, since telling her that I have been ill, I am basically ignored for months now. I have asked to speak with Dr Thompson to inquire if any protocols could be improved upon so this doesn't happen to others but I was told that I would have to drive two hours each way and pay to talk with him. Other holistic dentists use full gas masks apparently not just on themselves but on their clients. As well, other protocols involve not using chelating agents, as was insisted upon, until after all amalgams are removed as they release mercury into the system transcending the blood brain barrier. They seemed very nice but my life is forever lessened in quality to a great degree with debilitating Hashimotos thyroiditis, celiac and chronic fatigue. It's worth going to Vancouver or wherever for proper treatment. I hope this doesn't happen to others.

Submitted March 1, 2016

Went to this dr. Thomson to have my amalgam fillings removed and replaced with porcelain. He was super accommodating since I was a bit nervous about the whole thing. Very kind and knowledgable. Took his time to make sure everything looked just right.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2016

Dr. Thompson was recommended by a friend for the safe removal of amalgam fillings. I have been extremely pleased with the work that has been done so far. I still have serval appointments left but Dr. Thompson has been gental, knowledgeable and friendly as have is dental assistants. I Would not hesitate to recommend him and his staff. They are great!

flag | Submitted December 18, 2014

This is the BEST dentist in the whole of B.C. He practices holistic dentistry...no amalgams! He is gentle and thorough and has served our family as our dentist for more than 40 years!!! He has been the best with small children and his Dental Hygenists is wonderful too. Wouldn't go to anyone else.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2014

Top notch dentistry. I've never had such a great time at the dentist! Root canal, fillings, cleaning. all within 2 days. I feel great. Not painful, even after the fact. Great care and consideration for teeth and overall health. I felt no judgements about the brutal state of my teeth, just a focus on getting healthy. The office is lovely, as are all of the staff. Before going for a formal appointment, I spoke to the office manager several times at great length, and she provided a wealth/gold mine of information that went beyond basic dental care. Dr. Thomson is a wonderful man; relaxed, confident and highly skilled. I would recommend this dentist to anyone. The staff is more than happy-driven I would say- to talk to people and answer any questions they might have about their teeth and how it relates to general health. Highly recommended! I have been searching for years for a dentist like this and I am so pleased to have found him.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2014

I had the best dental experience today, who says that??Highly recommend this Dentist, great energy, very particular about his work.. Mercury Removal Specialist, Dr HughThompson! Lisa

flag | Submitted June 26, 2014

In my opinion not professional at all, this used to be a place where I felt heard and valued. Now I feel like I have been taken advantage of financially and my records held hostage. $150.00 fee for release of records! Records I took in to them in the first place ! Take note before you invext your time , trust , and money with in my opinion a practice that puts $$$ ahead of patients care. Work that broke down after completion that was blamed on my bite never guaranteed because of my bite. Be careful , do your research ask around. On a more positive note my remarks re staff do not include Allison / Twila they are amazing.

Submitted February 20, 2014