Ratings for Dr. Ronald J. Tusa

I found Dr. Tusa to be pleasant, attentive , extremely knowledgeable, and most of all, he informed me that I will be normal again (after several years of persistent dizziness).

flag | Submitted March 5, 2015

This was the worst experience of my life. He is a terrible doctor with terrible bedside manner. He would not listen to anything my husband or I had to say. Finally told us we would have to go see another doctor if we could not be quiet. All we were trying to do was explain my symptoms. He was not interested and said because I was upset that I must have anxiety issues and should get help for that and walked out of the room. I saw another doctor(ENT)2 weeks later that diagnosed me with Menieres Disease. He successfully treated me and said he could not understand how a doctor could miss my symptoms. Do not go see Dr Tusa especially if you are a female. Emory should fire him because he is ruining their great reputation!

flag | Submitted September 25, 2013

Extremely knowledgeable, to the point (I understand how some could perceive bedside manner as stand-offish / I did not, had a good relationship with Dr. Tusa) . Toook into consideration all physical, psychological and potential contributing symptoms - entire patient well-being was considered carefully. I was effectively disabled for approx 4 months - could not walk, read, balance, difficulty reading. I was on long-term disability unable to work during this extended period. My apparently difficult diagnosis (cholesteatoma) was missed/mis-diagnosed by numerous other ENT and Neuro specialists; Dr. Tusa's diagnostic/testing staff identified very specifically where the issues were, down to specific nerves/associated damage to my vestibular system and hearing, and explained recommendations and risks inherent with his solution via surgery. The resulting surgical procedure resolved my issues. Rehab team was excellent, dedicated and thorough. Would highly recommend Dr. Tusa and his team.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2013

I found Dr. Tusa to be extremely knowledgeable and helpful in properly diagnosing me when other doctors failed to do so. He spent plenty of time with me and answered all of my questions. He is very intense and focused on the task at hand which I fear some people might take as being standoffish. I would highly recommend him to anyone who is looking for a thorough doctor.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2013

I was scared to go to him because I had read all the reviews in the website. I thought his bed side manner was good and have no complaints. He wasn't SUPER helpful to tell me what is wrong, BUT was great to rule out other things. He spent time with me. Not sure about his knowledge/treatment, since he really did not diagnose me with anything, BUT he was very nice, respectful and understanding.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2013

I have been to many doctors, and he was definitely the rudest, most insensitive doctor that I have ever seen. I was referred to him by another Emory neurologist whom I like very much. Dr. Tusa made me feel like I was wasting his time, and told me to stop going to doctors, and learn to live with my symptoms. I felt so hopeless and on the verge of tears after leaving his office.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2011

Doctor was Dismissive and disrespectful. Very Paternalistic and tried to attribute symptoms to psychological difficulty with no history or interview. When I disagreed with his opinion he characterized me as "resistant". He described my affect as "despondent", when I was actually angry with his attitude and having difficulty getting him to listen to me. By the way, I have an advanced degree in Psychology. I resent his implication that just because he was unable to figure out what was causing my symptoms, I must have a psychological disorder. I will Never see this doctor again.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2010

Rude. Did not believe my comments on my symptoms. Combative, argumentative. Would never recommend this doctor.It is a shame becauce his technical knowledge and equipment appears to be very good. His staff is nice.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2009

Dr. Tusa shows no compassion and wasn't interested in taking the time to listen to my specific symptoms. He was rude, insensitive, and arrogant. When I tried to ask a question he told me not to interrupt. He bullied me by controlling the entire visit by becoming angry if I didn't agree to his recommendations. He then threw me out stating he didn't want me as a patient!!! He surely didn't follow the doctor's creed- First do no harm.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2009

Probably the most frustrating physician I've ever seen. Wanted to walk out within the first 3-5 minutes. Absolutely NO "bedside manner" or compassion. Didn't listen - had his own agenda. I have appealed his written report and he will not fix - even though he has not reported my symptoms accurately. Very arrogant...would never send anyone to him--period.

flag | Submitted July 3, 2009

Dr. Ronald J. Tusa's Credentials

• University Of Pennsylvania School Of Medicine (Grad. 1979)