Ratings for Dr. Joseph Astacio

My daughter had an appointment to get vaccines for 6th grade. Our appointment was at 1 pm and we did not leave until nearly 5:30. Completely unacceptable that we sat for so long and they are so slow.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2014

Dr. Astacio does not listen to me. As a mother, I am my child's first doctor and I know when something is wrong and needs to be checked. I understand the reluctance with giving out antibiotics, but I took my son in on a Friday afternoon with what I KNEW was strep and he refused to do a strep test because my son was crying and didn't "seem to have strep." Well, he did, and I ended up in urgent care on Saturday for an antibiotic and my son suffered needlessly for another 24 hours. This was not the first time either. He has refused to sign school paperwork I've needed signed, which just caused more leg work for me to get it signed elsewhere. I will never go back. He refuses to listen to me as a mom and almost acts as if I am being too over protective.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2013

Had to take my newborn baby in four times with abcessed fingers before they ever tried an antibiotic. Kept telling me it would go away on its own. Prescribed a non FDA approved medicine for my son at only 5 weeks old that had extreme long term side effects.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2010

Dr. Joseph Astacio's Credentials

• Univ Of Pr Sch Of Med, San Juan Pr 00936 (Grad. 1983)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Mcdonough, GA