Ratings for Dr. Daniel H. Smith

After having some sort of bleeding for 9 months I had a hysterectomy. But, began to bleed more aggressively after. I felt I was going to die. My gyn referred me to Dr Smith, who at that time hadn't taken my insurance. I found that, I had a rare form of cancer. He operated on me. It was a bloodless surgery. He laid out an aggressive protocol for me. What I found, was that when he feared losing patients he could be a bit gruff. I wanted to stop the treatments;however, he continued to encourage me. This month is the 22nd year of my being alive since my last treatment. I am convinced that God sent Daniel into my life as His vessel to heal me. Oncologist have to live with the possibility of their patients deaths. This is sheave weight. I am thankful for this man.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2017

I was supposed to have a full hysterectomy by Dr. D. H. Smith. First of all, he never got out my organs completely. One of the residents told me that the Dr. left the Operating Suite once I was put under by the anesthesiologist working 3 cases at 1 time with residents covering him also. So the residents did my surgery. They cut me above my navel for a hysterectomy horizontally. Not 1, not ONE reproductive organ was removed out of my body. Instead I got a flesh eating necrotizing infection. Dr. Smith handled none of the aftercare, the residents did for 7 weeks and then nurses twice a day at home for 8 months after. I still had my period but had gone for counseling about losing my reproductive organ on my own prior at 39 years old. I didn't need that counseling I paid for out of pocket. I still had more painful periods then before the surgery for another 11 years. He had put me on hormone replacement for no reason. I told him I did not lose my menses, that it was worse than ever and he kept prescribing hormone treatment. I finally stopped knowing I did not belong on the medication. When I told him the pain was worse he shrugged at me and blamed my former Dr. . Dr Daniel H. Smith is now in Carepoint, Christ Hospital Jersey City & Bayonne, NJ after being told to leave 3 other hospitals. Other physicians and nurses confirmed this. Please get a second opinion if you have gone to him and don't let him operate on you. He is elderly now and should be retired. I uncovered 2 medical malpractice cases for 7 figures each settled in 2009 and 201 so far. He treats his patients poorly unless they come from large money families who donate to his research. Then he gets all warm and fuzzy. Don't let him do Robotic or Any surgery on your Now at Christ Hospital in Hoboken, Bayonne and Jersey City all in New Jersey traveling from Scarsdale, NY. It was the only hospital that would accept him after 3 dismissals. I wish I could give Zero stars but the only option is 1 star at the lowest. I am still living with the problems his resident done surgery caused but he billed my insurance $14,0000. They paid his bills at 100 %. Stay far away from him is my strong suggestion.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2015

This Dr. has no respect for his patients. His surgery is sloppy at best although he is supposedly board certified in 3 specialties. He was bounced out of Columbia Presbyterian on his behind. He went to Hackensack University Hospital in NJ where the same happened then he moved to Holy Name in Teaneck, NJ. Rumor has it he retired. I hope so. What he did to me on a botched surgery I would never want to see happen to any woman!!! I have stranded tissue holding my stomach together barely. He did not follow up on reports of blood work, cultures, not anything and had the residents handle his work for the 7 weeks I wound up hospitalized. Then I was blamed by him for my problems, Heaven forbid it was his lack of skill! If he's still around, I suggest you stay far away. He treats women like garbage besides lack of skill! He isn't much better to their husbands or families. Praying he's home and not working in a hospital or Dr.'s office anymore. Be Healthy! An X Patient.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2013

Dr. Smith is the best Dr. he makes you feel very relaxed I had a hysterectomy ( Uterine Cancer)great bed side manner ,he seen me everyday in the hospital called me at home in between visits.Such a caring man with a great sence of humor. Totally professional " they don't come any better" I have to say I have never felt better ,I belive a lot has to do with Dr. Smith"s positive attitude ...I can't even imagine why some one would write a negative review ...! Thank You Dr. Smith you are the greatest ...may God Bless you always ...Eileen Scandiffio ...Surgery was July of 2013

flag | Submitted October 25, 2013

flag | Submitted April 19, 2012

I DONT KNOW WHERE TO BEGIN HE IS SOMEONE TO AVOID FROM ANY TYPE OF SURGERY. HE DID SURGERY ANY LEFT PART OF ONE OVARY A WHOLE OVARY A CERVIX AND A CYST ALONG WITH ENDOMETRIOSIS. THE WHOLE REASON FOR THE SURGERY WAS TO REMOVE ALL OF THIS. DURING MY SURGERY I HAD A BOWEL OBSTRUCTION WHICH HE NEVER TOLD ME. I WOUND UP BACK IN THE HOSPITAL FOE 6 DAYS TO TREAT THAT. NEVER IN MY LIFE HAVE I EVER BEEN SO UPSET AND SO DIGUSTED. I THEN 3 MTHS LATER HAD PELVIC PAIN ALL OVER AGAIN ,AND HAD MORE CYSTS. CONSULTED A NEW DR. WHO HAD TO TELL ME WHAT I DID HAVE AND NOT REMOVED . I THEN OPTED TO BACK INTO SURGERY AND THANK GOD EVERYTHING WAS FULLY REMOVED. I TRULY DONT RECOMMEND HIM FOR ANY SURGICAL PROCEDURES IT WAS A NIGHTMARE. GO ELSEWHERE

flag | Submitted March 17, 2012

My wife got a myomectomy from this guy and she lost so much blood. He does not respect patient rights and does not take necessary precautions. You have to do your own research and not rely on things that he says. Terrible experience and lost faith in doctors from this experience.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2011

I was treated by Dr. Smith in June of 2002 for uterine cancer. He performed a complete hysterectomy and with my first consultation assured me that I would be fine.I saw him twice yearly for five years and now see him once a year for my pap tests. He was kind and gentle and helped me face surgery without any doubt in my mind that I would be alright. I recommend him highly and cannot understand the bad things I have just read about him. Thank you for everything Dr. Smith.Signed Alexandra Budas.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2010

Dr. Smith is a top notch Dr. Surgeon and human being. He performed my surgery and put me at ease no matter how silly my questions and concerns were. I would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2010

Dr. Smith is a dedicated professional, an excellent surgeon and he has a positive and caring attitude. Last, but not least, he also has a great sense of humor which a patient needs when having major surgery. Would highly recommend Dr. Smith.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2010

Dr. Daniel H. Smith's Credentials

• Harvard Medical School (Grad. 1972)