Ratings for Dr. Raju J. Kulangara

I've been taking my kids to Dr. K for 14 years now. The staff is great and my kids love him! I completely trust his judgement. He was never misdiagnosed my children (unlike other places) and is straight to the point. The wait use to be long but it seems as though they revamped their system a few years ago and now I never wait more than 10 mins. They also do not overbook their patients.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2016

The first time I called for a sick visit, I was told that they couldn't see my child until the next morning at 9 am. I called around and couldn't find anyone else to see my child so, I called back and was told they could see him today at 3:30pm. I said great, I will take the appt. The front desk lady asked for my child's name and when I said he had never been there, she then said that he would have to come in tomorrow at 9am. I then asked was the 3:30 time slot for sick or well patients? She said that was only for their ESTABLISHED patients. I said that maybe I needed to find a new Dr. and she said OK and hung up the phone. I could not believe that this lady hung up on me and called back to report her to the office manager. She then proceeded to put me on hold. When I said that I wanted to know who hung up on me and wanted to speak with someone, she then proceeded to tell me that Dr. Kulangara said she didn't have to talk to me and hung up again. What type of professional would say something like this without knowing what truly happened? I live nearby and went up there to report this worker so they would know about her behavior and she was the only one at the front desk. She told me that she hung up on me the 1st time and the Dr. hung up on me the 2nd time....I couldn't believe my ears. I told her that she was rude and asked her if they were affiliated with Wellstar Hospital and she said no. I asked her if they had a corporate office and she said he was independent. She told me that I threatened her and that she didn't have to take that. She never told me what I supposedly said but, said that I cursed at her...which I never did. Then the Dr. comes from the back room and told me to get out. As I tried to talk to him in a calm manner he became loud and kept saying over and over to get out! I told him that I never once cursed her and that she was lying and he still told me to get out of his office. I can see why the staff is Unprofessional and Rude...it is because they are just like the Dr. If you were not on the phone to hear what really happened, why wouldn't you take the time to hear my side of the story? I did not come in there screaming or hollering. If you did not want to talk to me, why not transfer the call to someone else? Why would you pretend to put me on hold and hang up? The office staff and the Dr. really need to learn how to communicate properly with their customers, how to solve disputes, and the true meaning of customer service.....If I could rate them a -10, I would!

flag | Submitted May 4, 2015

Refused to treat son's leg pain and would not give a referral to a specialist for his growth disorder. Snapped and was very rude when asked why he didn't believe in hormone therapy, and I was just trying to gain knowledge. Went to Children's Hosp ER in Atlanta yesterday an the E.R. doc who was GREAT spent 45 minutes with me and she said not to cry over spilled milk but my child should have seen a specialist a long time ago and there was no medical reason why he shouldn't refer my son, who doesn't even show up on the growth chart.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2011

The worst staff EVER. I waited 4 hours one visit BEFORE being called back. The staff is rude and to involved in personal calls to acknowledge you. Kulangara is more concerned with being right and self-righteous to listen. If you ask a question prepare to be ignored! He has no interest in your concerns or ideas!

flag | Submitted March 5, 2009

Dr. Raju J. Kulangara's Credentials

• Med Coll, Calicut Univ, Calicut, Kerala, India (Grad. 1971)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Douglasville, GA