Ratings for Dr. Viswanathan Rajaraman

flag | Submitted June 20, 2011

Dr. Viswanathan Rajaraman died today in a plane crash in Ohio. He was such a skilled surgeon. He saved my life.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2011

Dr Raj is amazing!!! He is so supportive and realistic. He knows exactly what is right for you. I highly reccommend him. He's so caring and professional. He's one of the best doctors/surgeons I've ever met. He did my back/spinal surgery & I'm perfect! He's truly there for you from day one through the surgery to the follow up appointments. And a side note on insurance....if you have out of network you'll be fine. Don't let that stop you from going to him. The 1st time consultation fee is worth every dime. I promise. Good luck !!! =)

flag | Submitted November 20, 2009

Dr. Rajaraman is kind, gentle, and the only doctor I would allow to do brain surgery.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2009

I had a medical problem which EVERY other doctor mentioned that i had to undergo an old fashioned surgery which would end up severely restricting my lifestyle. Doctor Rajaraman was the ONLY doctor who knew of an alternative surgery which was modern (the other doctor's were not even aware of it) and i am back to my earlier normal self after my brain surgery. Amazing doctor with the patience to explain pros and cons and takes time to suggest the right course of action. I owe my life to him. He took the time to see me in the hospital on a holiday with he flying on vacation the next day. He also cured my aunt a nurse by suggesting some medication & exercise instead of spine surgery as almost every other doctor suggested. She is still doing great even after 10+ years. He is a gem. The office staff is painful..hope he does something about it soon.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2008

Dr Rajaraman is a true treasure, and should be a model for other specialists. He sppears to be extremely competent, and will take the time to explain every aspect of your case or procedure. My wife and I actually enjopyed whatever time we had with him, and he was tremendously pleased at the result of his (brain) surgery. Those working with him are extrmely sharp, too, and everyone on the hospital staff had a great opinion of him.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2008

Excellent Doctor, Very knowledgeble and down to earth. When he didn't have any appointments available for a month , he actually visited me in ER!! Excellent doctor , I would recommend it to any one. Very patient and listen to your problems and provide answers. The front office staff working for him is terrible but once you get past them its all fine !

flag | Submitted June 3, 2008

I am sorry to say, but I would not recommend this doctor at all. When I was in Hackensack Hospital after having suffered a seizure, all he wanted to do was operate. I then get a bill about all of the care he gave, but he never showed up in my room at all.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2007

Once you get past his front office staff (especially at the Hackensack office), he is a pleasant, and knowledgeable doctor. I felt he listened to what I had to say, and did not rush me. Although he did not do my surgery, he is only doing my follow-up, I was impressed, and I am a nurse, so I know doctors pretty well, both good and bad.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2007

Most incredible skilled neurosurgeon / neuro-oncologist. Kind, gentle, caring. I owe him my life!

flag | Submitted December 9, 2006

Dr. Viswanathan Rajaraman's Credentials

• Madras Med Coll, Dr M G R Med Univ, Madras, Tn, India (Grad. 1983)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Hackensack, NJ