Ratings for Dr. Marta T. Hampton

She wants to keep money in the door and pride intact. Absolutely awful experiences. Misdiagnosed several times by her. Refusing to refer out when beyond her scope of practice. Staff is poorly trained and lacks compassion.

Submitted October 13, 2015

Dr. Hampton is a kind and compassionate woman and a competent dermatologist. She's in medicine to help people. Her receptionist and office staff are very pleasant. Unfortunately, Dr. Hampton is not able to run to schedule. She gets prickly if you even mention how long you were waiting. I often wait a full hour in her waiting room past my scheduled appointment (never any head's up from staff, or offer to reschedule). You then wait further back in an exam room. She says she can't keep to schedule because she does procedures on patients as soon as she diagnoses them, instead of requiring another appointment for the procedure. She believes this is better because you won't have to come back or pay a second co-pay. If you have an appointment with her she will likely help you, but you do need to budget half a day and bring a book. She doesn't do luxury high-dollar cosmetic dermatology like some docs (no lip fillers or Botox), just real medicine. I wish she were more sensitive to pain issues.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2013

U b the judge. Appt scheduled 1-2 months ago b/c I'm a new client. I was advised 2 call everyday, mayb a client would cancel, I did. No avail, had 2 wait. Finally my day come. I'm super excited. I arrive @ 2pm. Regis so easy, took less than 5min. Recept very nice. I sat in waiting rm maybe 10 min & was called 2 the back. I was ushered 2 a room, told 2 sit. The lady asked 1 ? 2 confirm why I was there. She stated 2 remain in the room, Dr would be in shortly. I sat in this rm almost an hr. @ 2:55 I walkd 2 the recpt, stated I was leaving. Approx 45 min I sat in a rm ALONE. No one came back 2 ck on me. No one said cat/dog the Dr is running behind time, she will be right with u. I wanted 2 make sure I wasn't charged (cancellation fee/Dr visit). The recpt went 2 verify, a group of workers were talking. In front of me, 1 of them said "she just here 4 dry scalp, oh she can go" like my issue wasn't important. I can't make mention bout the DR, I never met her. I wouldn't recommend

flag | Submitted February 9, 2012

Dr Marta Hampton is an excellent dermatologist. She is efficient and expidites treatment without loss of quality or accuracy of treatment. Additionally she is a very nice lady.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2012

Dr. Hampton is wonderful! My daughter had a skin condition which was misdiagnosed by three other doctors. Dr. Hampton took a biopsy and asked if I had the same thing as a child (which I did but it was never diagnosed). She named the condition and put my child on a cream which completely cleared it up. She has occasional outbreaks but she uses the cream and it goes away. My husband had third degree burns from an accident at work. His company sent him to a doctor that wanted to remove all the skin and do skin graphs. I took him to Dr. Hampton who prescribed soaking and wrapping with cream which we did and my husband has not scarring. I had acne since childhood and Dr. Hampton diagnosed conflicting skin conditions and put me on three creams every day. I have had not outbreaks and my skin is beautiful. I recommend Dr. Hampton to my coworkers and everyone I know. She is busy but she knows skin!

flag | Submitted November 30, 2010

I am glad that others have had a positive experience with Dr. Hampton. Unfortunately, I did not. Though she's a sweet person, I did not find her very professional. I had extremely bad acne in my early teen years, and so I went to her about that. She put me on Amoxicillin, Cleocin, and Differin for 2 years straight. She saw me once in those two years (the first appt at which she prescribed the meds). All three of these are strong meds. Amoxicillin is an antibiotic. Because of this, my immune system has suffered tremedously. Unfortunately today you have to research the doctors (why we are on this site) and meds they put you on. The other two were harsh topical meds. They knocked out the acne, but did some damage to my skin, even carrying to years later. When I would try to make a new appt when my meds ran out, the receptionist would tell me that they were refilling my prescription. After that 1st appt, Dr Hampton never saw me again. I stopped taking the meds myself. I see Dr Schlessinger

Submitted January 12, 2010

I saw Dr. Marta Hampton for hair loss. She was very sensitive to my crisis. She was very determined to help me. She tried medication, an injection, and obtained a scalp biopsy, in order to get an accurate diagnosis. The only problem was that I was brand new to this area and did not understand S.C. insurance. I ended up paying for my treatment out of pocket. I wish her staff had been more helpful in this catagory. Otherwise, I would recommend Dr. Hampton to anyone. She even called me back one time. Not many doctors make their own call backs. They generally have a staff member call instead!

flag | Submitted September 1, 2009

Marta Hampton is a shining example of what a doctor should be. Her waiting room is always full as she takes time to listen to her patients and does not "rush" you while she is with you. She cares about her patients, is very down to earth, and takes ample time to determine the problem. I would never hesitate to recommend her. In addition to being a good doctor, she has three fantastic children and her husband shares office space with her. I wish there were more professionals in every field like Dr. Hampton.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2008

Dr. Hampton is very compassionate. She is intent on finding the source of a problem, obtaining an accurate diagnosis, and creating an effective treatment plan. Her follow up care is excellent. Her dedication to patients is extraordinary. She never rushes you from her office, taking as much time as necessary to answer questions or explain treatment. If she is to busy during the day to answer phone questions she will return your call after hours.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2006

Dr. Marta T. Hampton's Credentials

• University Of Florida College Of Medicine (Grad. 1985)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal