Dr. Dhea Wallace Chau

Ratings for Dr. Dhea Wallace Chau

Wonderfull person and knowledgeable profession; easy to converse and had answering clear to the points.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2016

Dr. Wallace-Chau delivered my baby in July at RGH. My regular doctor from Rockyview Maternity wasn't available that day, and after 14 hours of labour I was taken to the OR for a foreceps delivery and failing that an emergency c-section. Dr. Wallace-Chau exuded confidence which made me feel like I was in good hands. She managed to deliver my baby girl without the need for a c-section. She was very strong and did a good job. The procedure was horrifying for me, yet Dr. Wallace-Chau really helped me through it. Like I said, her confidence really helped me with my anxiety and afterwards she came to visit me in my recovery room to make sure I was ok and to offer some very good words of wisdom for a first-time mum. I don't know how I would have made it through without her.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2016

Dr Wallace Chau had previously performed a myomectomy on me and then also followed me for the last trimester of my pregnancy and then performed my c-section to deliver my beautiful baby girl! There are so many little, amazing things she did that my husband and I actually gave our daughter the middle name of "Dhea" to always remember this awesome doctor! Our experience with Dhea has been phenomenal! She was always very friendly and made us feel like she had all the time in the world to answer our questions and address my concerns, both in the clinic and while I was hospitalized. Dr WC has some of the most amazing bedside manner I've ever encountered and was very patient with me and helped to decrease my anxieties. She is very knowledgable and takes the time to explain in lamens terms what is happening. I also appreciate all of the staff in the office who are obviously very busy, but take the time to make you feel like a valued patient and not just another number. I am looking forward to being referred to Dhea for my next pregnancy and would very highly recommend her to anyone!

flag | Submitted December 28, 2015

I have seen Dr. Wallace Chau several times over the past few months, trying to decide the best way to proceed. I was back & forth, having tests, & returning for evaluation & discussing what my options were. She is very friendly, takes time with you to explain everything, & is easy to talk to. When she brings a student along, though, she tends to focus on them, & I feel like a lab specimen - she was pointing out various things to the student, but afterward did not discuss much with me, just gave me a prescription, At a later date, we decided on minor surgery, & my greatest concerns were about anesthesia, but I had to wait until just prior to the surgery to talk to the anesthesiologist & go over options. I would have preferred to have this known prior to date of surgery. It's important. Everything went well, but my biggest concern is that I still do not know if she did all the surgery, or if the student did all or some of it. There were 2 students in OR, plus nurses, & I was conscious, but sedated, but with the screen in place I could not see who was working on me. Some conversation took place between Dr. Wallace Chau & myself, & between them, but I don't know which one did the surgery to this day. It bothers me a little, as we go to certain doctors because of their good reputation & experience, & yet in the end we may have had a medical student doing the surgery. She frequently lists all the possible complications that could occur during & after surgery, but I wish she would not remind you of these just prior to surgery. It took me a while to psyche myself up for surgery, & I was in a relatively calm state until she listed all possible complications again. She is willing to answer questions & is very patient - her bedside manner is very good. There have been some staff changes in the past several months, & not for the better unfortunately - they seem less organized.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2015

I saw this doctor when I was looking for a tubal & to seek help with my constant bleeding issues. After a hour in the patient room, listening to the staff & doctors talk about their weekends while they are their lunch I was feeling anything but cared for. Upon her entering the room, I was already in a pretty irritated state of mind. I was cross examined for about 15-20 minutes about whether or not I was sure I wanted no kids. I understand this is procedure. I was then told that an IUD was more effective then getting my tubes tied. There was no booking to figure out the reasons for my hemmoraging, but a bunch of stats thrown at me about the effectiveness of the iud. (Which by the way has left me with some serous other problems) I left in tears, paying a huge parking fee for my crazy 2 hour wait & doctor visit. I would not recommend this doctor.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2015

Although I don't doubt lots of people have had good experiences. I did not. I was treated around the time she had a baby, and only saw her for one appointment where she put me Provera (I had never been on it before). I experienced bad side effects but I wasn't able to get a hold of her for months. Her nurse wasn't able to help me when I called - she just explained that she didn't know much about Provera and I'd have to wait for the Dr to call me back. I ended up in emerg because my symptoms were a cyst that had grown to 15 cm in size and contorted - and I lost my right ovary and fallopian tube. It was a terrible experience and while I sympathize that she was having some issue with her baby/at home, I really suffered for it. I was young and scared. My surgeon who did my emergency surgery ended up taking me on as a patient - and while I was home recovering from surgery her receptionist finally called to book me an appointment with another Dr because she wasn't coming back. That was almost 4 months from my initial visit with Dr. Wallace Chau. Not a good experience at all.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2015

Dr Wallace- Chau is an amazing doctor, she is very friendly, likeable and highly positive no matter the situation. She is ever ready to listen and answer all your questions without any rush. I actually came here to review comments about her few days before my surgery and I actually met her the way it was said on this site. Thank you for being that awesome person you are, I highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2014

I was treated by dr. Wallace-chau this week at the rockyview hospital for a routine procedure. Although I am sure she and her team had done this hundreds of times, she gave me the time and attention like it was the most important thing she has ever done. I appreciated her calm, knowledgeable bedside manner and her great sense of humor. I would recommend her to any women who needs a caring, patient doctor.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2014

Dr. Wallace-Chau performed a uterine myomectomy by laparotomy for me in Dec'13 for removal of 3 fibroids, the largest being over 10cm. I wish I had more space to tell you in detail what an amazing Dr she was. She was so knowledgeable about my complicated case and explained everything in detail for me, answered all my questions and never made me feel rushed. She was compassionate and even held my hand when I was afraid just before my surgery. My surgery was complete success, preserving my uterus to hopefully have children in the future. She chose the least invasive incision possible and kept blood loss to a minimum. My pain was well controlled and I have had no signs of post op infections. Dr. WC came to see me in recovery and every day while I was hospitalized. It is easy to see that she is very passionate about this work and she is an amazingly knowledgeable and skilled doctor. I would highly recommend her to anyone!

flag | Submitted January 3, 2014

I was impressed. Dr. Wallace-Chau was friendly, knowledgeable, patient and has excellent people skills. She listened to my concerns, understood that I had come in to see her with anoutcome in mind, and regardless, she took the time to explain every option I had so I could make an informed decision. I appreciate that she treated me like an equal, capable of understanding my medical condition, the options available and supported my decision as to how to proceed. Could not have asked for a better experience.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2013