Ratings for Dr. Neil S. Gladstone

Dr. ignored serious symptoms (felt on pelvic exam per him & worsened over time & also did not call attention to my persistent verbal reported symptoms) & continued to suggest mirena implant vs. ordering vital tests/scans etc. The result, I almost died & had to have multiple major surgeries. I do respect the fact that he apologized (most would never do this & followed up with me via phone, to ensure that I was seeking medical help etc). I did not take legal action, as I was deathly ill & was primarily focused on getting treatment during a dire time in my life. Use caution persistent issues that could become serious! He may have much experience but if that experience is not put to use, it is pointless & may result in ruining lives or even fatality that could have been avoided if the proper action had been followed through via the the medical provider. I am a medical professional & must honestly make a call to women (young & mature) & the individuals in their lives that truly care about their well-being. From the gyn. perspective, I would not recommend Dr. Gladstone. As far as the customer service at the Riverdale facility, the staff was always pleasant to me. When I would call & leave voicemail, the staff was attentive & followed up accordingly. Dr. Gladstone always was running extremely behind. I was a patient at this practice for 3-5 years (symptoms gradually became worse. No further tests were ordered & should have been, which I later discovered from other treating specialists . We trust our doctors since they are the professionals. Please, do not settle with a doctor if you do not receive the proper care & are ignored. I learned the difficult way because I trusted in this one professional. This resulted in physical & financial damage. Medical doctors are "practicing" & do not know everything. I will not defame Dr. Gladstone because I feel he truly cares. However it seems to be time to retire.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2017

flag | Submitted September 30, 2011

I am in the medical profession and I've been going to Dr. Gladstone for the better part of 20 years, including having surgery by him, after hearing a lecture given by him on endometrial ablation. I adore him. Don't know what I will do when he retires. He sits down and spends time with you and may have diagnosed my problem in one visit, after being misdiagnosed by my PCP for three years. He truly cares about his patients, their mental as well as physical health and will always answer phone calls. I can't say enough good things about him. Recommend him HIGHLY. The office staff in McDonough, however, leave a lot to be desired and I did have to wait over two hours before seeing him, close to an hour of which I was naked on the table and freezing.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2009

Dr. Gladstone ALWAYS makes me feel at home, and he listens to and evaluates everything I say. I absolutely love having him as my doctor.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2008

Visited this doctor for routine pap smear. He called and told me to come back in for more tests. Did so and was told I had an STD. I'm way past menopause and been married for 45 years. Talk about being shocked and upset!!! They later told me they'd made a mistake - my results were mixed up with someone elses. I called back to find out exactly WHAT had been put on my medical chart and they said they couldn't find it right then but it really didn't matter since I didn't have what they first thought. WOULD NEVER GO BACK THERE.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2008

Dr. Neil S. Gladstone's Credentials

• Univ Of Mo, Columbia Sch Of Med, Columbia Mo 65212 (Grad. 1969)

• BCBS Illinois