You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Frank L. Winski

I have seen Dr. Winski on several occasions. I have always found him extremely helpful, knowledgeable, and above all professional. He makes everything easy to understand and always seems to have my best interest in mind. I have since taken my wife and two daughters to see him. They too have found him to be extremely friendly and helpful. It is nice to know that you have an advocate in Dr. Winski when it comes to something as important as your eyesight. Keep it up, Dr. Frank!

flag | Submitted September 30, 2013

On two different occasions I found Dr. Winski to be very condescending! My husband had gone to him first and found him to be pleasant, so I then made an appointment for myself and then my daughter.He was competent at my appointment but very dismissive to any questions that I had. We kept my daughter's appointment because it takes so long to get an appointment and I was trying to give him the benefit of a doubt, maybe he was just having a bad day? However, when my teenage daughter saw him he was rude to her and me. I am not sure if he is this way only with women or what. I let his office know how I felt and have not been back.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2013

Dr. Winski fitted my daughter with her first pair of contacts when she was 10. Most importantly, the prescription was perfect. Secondly, she really liked him. A very good experience.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2012

I found him to be very condescending! he did not listen well and seemed to be bothered that we had any questions for him. I also didn't like that he referred to another patient, clearly dancing on the bounds of hippa.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2011

Very good eye doctor. Knowledgeable on many fronts. Takes time to answer questions.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2011

Excellent doc. Dr. Winski is professional, thorough and friendly.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2008

Dr. Frank L. Winski's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Frank Winski joined Georgia Eye Associates in 1998. He has extensive experience meeting the needs of families. His practice includes evaluating school aged children who may need glasses all the way up to the needs of an older adult that is developing cataracts or macular degeneration. He enjoys fitting people of all ages for contact lenses and has developed particular expertise in hard-to-fit conditions such as keratoconus, corneal transplants, and presbyopia. For those patients hoping to go without glasses or contacts, Dr. Winski can determine if you are a good candidate for LASIK or other refractive procedures. After obtaining his doctorate of optometry at the New England College of Optometry he finished an ocular disease residency at Omni Eye Services of Atlanta. Optometric residencies are 13-month post graduate training programs that are completed by less than 10% of practicing optometrists. This residency gave him the training necessary to manage ocular diseases such as glaucoma, diabetic retinopathy, macular degeneration, diseases of the cornea, and post operative care of surgical patients. He is board certified by the American Board of Optometry. Dr. Winski is originally from Rochester, NY, but has called Atlanta home since 1989. He is a member of the American Optometric Association and the Georgia Optometric Association. He is a past president of the Greater Atlanta Optometric Association and has served as a trustee on the board of the Georgia Optometric Association. He enjoys golfing and spending time outdoors with his three sons and wife Julie.

• English

• New England College Of Optometry (Grad. 1989)

Amerigroup
First Health
Galaxy Health Network
Healthstar
  • Medicare (General)
  • Medicare Replacement (Humana Replacement)
Novanet
One Health
Peach State Health Plan
Southcare
Superior Vision
Unicare
United Health Plan
Vision Service Plan (Vsp)
Wausau Benefits
Wellcare Health Plans

Updates

• Website has been updated from "http://www.georgiaeyeassociates.com" to "https://www.georgiaeyeassociates.com/atlanta/index.htm". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "770-995-5408".

June 30, 2015
  • 'birds of a feather' score (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=466405'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 4.0

February 5, 2014