Ratings for Dr. Raphael Davis

Dr. Raphael Davis is the most amazing Doctor! He performed Brain Surgery on me and treated me and my family with the highest respect and courtesy. He explained everything and answered everyone's questions. I am blessed that he was so close to my home.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2017

Dr Davis is amazing! I had a severely herniated disk, spinal stenosis, a crack in one of my bones in my spine as well as spondylolisthesis. He performed a spinal fusion on me at L5 S1 and two weeks after surgery I'm already up and walking great by myself. My sciatic pain is gone as well as all my back pain! I stopped all narcotics two days after survey and have felt great! Dr Davis and his team did a fantastic job and really do care about their patients well being.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2015

Dr. Davis is a superb, top-notch neurosurgeon. He is a first class professional who is kind, caring and not full of himself as most brain surgeons are (I had a brain tumor removed). He always greets you with a big smile and takes the time to answer all your questions. He is not knife happy and will only operate when he feels it is absolutely necessary. I trust him thoroughly! His team is exceptional as well.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2014

His reputation and skills are without question excellent, but his availability and dependability are lacking. It takes months to get an appointment with him and he has changed or cancelled the last 5 out of 5 appointments I had scheduled. His staff is unfriendly and his secretary is rude, brash, and screams (yes, literally screams) if you question her. If you can get past the fact that he is unapproachable and that you are at his secretary's mercy and moods, as well as your having to repeatedly rearrange your schedule to accommodate his then his expertise may be worth it to you. I have used him for surgery and sadly must say that the poor treatment, time management, and scheduling errors far outweighs his expertise and I would not consider using (again) or recommending him.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2014

Dr. Davis is a miracle worker. I needed spinal fusion and I'm only 29 years old. He is wonderful and I am now pain free and can walk normally. I would recommend him to anyone that has herniated discs. He gave me my life back! I will forever be grateful!

flag | Submitted December 1, 2011

Appt made months in advance, drove from Fl. to N.Y. for appt, Previous surgery by this doctor, now new MRI shows another herniation. My appt had to be rescheduled due to change in Dr surgery sch. Now his office manager refuses to reschedule me within 2 weeks, I stayed in NY waiting for them to give me an appt. Handled very poorly. Went back to Florida without being seen. accepting new patients if you can not accommodate the ones you have done surgery on is calleous. Painful at least.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2011

Dr Davis was fantastic. I saw other surgeons, but only let Doctor Davis operate. he truly saved my quality of life, and I am forever grateful. He was careful, knowledgable, and took the time to explain everything to me. He understood how much pain I was in, and really cared to understand the problem and correct it, instead of just "Trial and Error" medicine that I experienced in other places. He was fantastic.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2010

i would have not gone anywhere else, dr davis was the best. he is a very busy dr and still he spent time with me to explain everything before hand, my surgery was a great success and had immediate relief thanks to him. i had to have a disc removed as it actually broke into pieces and was laying on my nerve. to me he was my angel. i recommend him to anyone needing back surgery

flag | Submitted June 20, 2009

This doctor is absolutely the best. Had difficult spinal surgery with great results. He is knowledgable, caring and a super star in the O.R. Great staff as well.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2008

Great spinal surgeon.I had surgery for a herniated disc in 2001, very good results.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2008

Dr. Raphael Davis's Credentials

• Mount Sinai School Of Medicine Of City University Of New York (Grad. 1981)

Top Hospitals in Stony Brook, NY