Ratings for Dr. George A. Scharyj

Had breast cancer 2 years ago. I found the lump myself. Have been going to this doctor for years and during all that time he never gave me a breast exam and I might add that since my breast cancer he has not given me a breast exam. In a nutshell, he does NOT do breast exams.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2015

He was very attentive and reviewed all tests we needed to have run. Has excellent bedside manner. Would highly recommend and have found that he is very well respected in the medical community for his knowledge and thorough evaluations.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2015

If you are smart leave this ( dr) fast. You will never learn the results of any of your many test and blood work that he does every time you see him.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2013

I like him. He's always been very helpful with me.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2011

Dr. S. attended me in the hospital several years ago. He was abrupt, did not answer my questions and ignored my requests. While in his care, I very nearly died. It appears he has not changed in these passing years. In spite of at least one lawsuit for medical battery - mine, which he settled out of court.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2010

discurteous to staff in front of patients. Rude to patients.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2008

There is no way I can actually rate him on "Knowledge" because he never takes time to talk to you about anything, never explains what and why ordering tests, never goes over results with you, etc. You usually have to wait for at least an hour before you see him, sometimes more. He is intimidating, acts like he doesn't have time to see you when he finally does. After going to him for five years, he never one time did an actual physical exam, does not actually know you as a patient. He only takes your blood pressure, listens to your chest through your clothes, then orders blood tests and expensive x-rays, ultrasounds, ekg, echo, etc. that are done in-house. Then he never explains to you about any of the results. I have recently found from going to other doctors who have testing done by independent laboratories that two serious conditions have either been disregarded or not managed over this time, while I thought everything was alright. It is upsetting.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2008

Dr. George A. Scharyj's Credentials

• Univ Of Nc At Chapel Hill Sch Of Med, Chapel Hill Nc 27599 (Grad. 1983)