Ratings for Dr. Donald Duerksen

This amazing human did two emergency scopes on me when another doctor was dismissing my symptoms. He was an absolute genius, and compassionate human. He knew About my dysautonomia being a rare cause for my GI issues which another doctor was dismissing. This man saved me. Amazing doctor, amazing human. Thank you for believing your patients.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2020

This monster performed a endo scope and colonoscopy on my wife last month. During the procedure my wife was screaming in pain so loud it was echoing, from her not being sedated enough. He did not stop and kept going despite her begging him too. When I saw her in the recovery room she burst into tears and was hysterical. Stay away from him at all costs. He should not be allowed to practice.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2019

I was referred to Dr. D after seeing another most excellent GI in Calgary, so he had big shoes to follow, and he has not disappointed. He is as punctual as any Dr. can be, listens to concerns, and individualizes his patients. He does careful investigation and follow through, and I trust him with my gutt. As a nurse, this says a lot! The only reason I marked his staff lower was that I wasn't given my next appt. time, and bloodwork requisition when I left the office, being told it would be mailed out. It wasn't, and when I called in, I was already overdue, and couldn't get in for another 5 months. Also, with the building renovations in limbo, the house staff frequently appear stressed, and disjointed. Understandable, with the renovations, and medical culture in Winnipeg at this time, but I couldn't give full points in this area.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2019

I have seen Dr Duerkson for esophagus issues and colon. He is always kind and he really listens. He is knowledgeable and sends you out to other surgeons if he can’t perform it himself

flag | Submitted June 3, 2019

Excellent Dr ! Have been seeing him for 20 yrs and would never want a new dr . He listens to his patients and never pushes pills on me . He really does listen ., The BEST !

flag | Submitted March 14, 2019

The most wonderful, compassionate and knowledgeable doctor. Never had better care than from him!!

flag | Submitted February 27, 2019

Awesome knowledgeable doctor! Fully recommend him.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2019

Dr. Duerksen is a wonderful man and a superb physician. He has a kind, gentle, respectful bedside manner. If you find yourself waiting, it's because he is the best of the best in this city. He takes on those who need them and if the clinic wait is a bit long, so be it. He takes the time you need with him once you are in and that is the key. If you want the most punctual experience, go to a doctor nobody wants to see because they lack his skillset. Anyone who gets to see him should consider themselves lucky. Excellent, excellent doctor, technically, medically, and on a human level.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2018

Dr d has a great bedside manner. I felt very comfortable. I was very happy after the scope. T pamplete was very informative. f/u to follow after results come back..

flag | Submitted February 9, 2016

Dr. Duerksen is the best doctor I have ever had! I can't believe how lucky I am to have found a specialist who is so patient and compassionate. He is open-minded when I talk about trying "non-traditional" therapies, and he is always willing answer questions and discuss any research that I have done about my condition on my own. Sometimes you have to wait for him for quite a while, but that is only because he gives each patient his undivided attention and the time they need. I don't even know what else to say. . .he is an incredible doctor.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2015