You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Charles Bernstein

flag | Submitted January 31, 2016

I have been a patient of Dr Bernstein's for years and I trust his medical opinion. Not sure where all the "arrogant" and "distant" reviews come from. He has always been smiling, joking and yet professional when I've seen him, especially when doing scopes. The wait in the waiting room is always long but if you have questions he will take the time to answer them and reassure you.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2015

Worst doctor I have EVER dealt with. I will NEVER see him again.

Submitted January 1, 2015

I would have died if I had listened to Bernstein and not gotten a second opinion. He did not take my concerns seriously and did not listen to me. He also was incredibly arrogant and rude. He would not even look at me when I spoke to him. I could have bled to death and nearly needed a blood transfusion by the time I saw a different dr. Thank god I listened to my body and not to him. He diagnosed me as having internal hemorrhoids. I actually had severe ulcerative colitis and nearly died!

flag | Submitted October 25, 2013

Dr. B can come off as a tad distant but he is quite nice overall and is incredibly knowledgeable. I would rather have an arrogant or distant doctor than an incompetent one. He takes the time to listen to how I'm feeling and gives me an idea on what could possibly be going on without worrying me. If a medication doesn't work effectively for then he is perfectly willing to search for other alternatives. (I went through 2 varieties of anti-diarrheal medicine before finding one that worked). I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2011

Although I appreciate that he was the GI to finally diagnose my crohn's, I definitely feel more like a research subject to him than a patient. After trying me on numerous meds that just made me sicker, and being sent to see his useless and ****y resident instead of him 3 times when I kept having problems, I ended up in the ER needing an emergency resection. My surgeon was convinced that had he and his staff been more attentive, my problem would have been dealt with months earlier. I will keep seeing him, but from now on will pester him and his staff to no end to make sure they don't lose any more paper work and test forms. He loses interest in you as soon as you're not on one of his drug trials. Watch out for yourself!

flag | Submitted November 28, 2008

My mom went to see him and he did nothing but treat her like dirt. His staff never calls you back and neither does he. My mom got a sever allergic reaction to a medication he put her on and she ended up going to our family doctor about it. He said to get off of it immedialty and he had never heard of it before. She also contacted the local pharmasist and he said sorry i can't tell you much on it i don't know an overly big amount on it either but i suggest get off of it. This so called dr. does nothing but disrespect his patients and is way too full of himself. *remember there is always someone higher that trained him so do some research. i know i will be for my mom*

flag | Submitted October 9, 2008

No matter how smart he is, his arrogance and poor bedside matter give him no place practicing on patients. he should stay in research where he does his best work.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2008

I started to see Dr. Bernstein when I was 13 (i'm 25 now), after a horrible treatment from the Gastroenterologist at Children's. He right away took me off the drugs that were poisoning me that I should have only been on for 6 weeks (I was on it for 7 months, lost feeling in my legs and fingers, and my circulation is not good). He knows what to do, and when something isn't working in my opinion, he's willing to look at alternatives. I'm very happy with Dr. B, and his staff.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2008

I agree that Dr. B is very arrogent. He insists I have colitis not crohn's despite what 3 other specialists who have actually done tests on me say. Every time I drive the 4 hours to see him, spend the $100+ on a hotel and meals, wait the 3 hours in the waiting room I spend under 10 minutes in his office with him telling me I should get a colectomy. I broke down and went to see the surgen he recommended who told me I shouldn't get the surgery yet, after that Dr.B still insisted I need surgery despite the fact that my symptoms were under control via remmicade. Even though he is a very knowlegable man I think he would be better at researching and testing then actually dealing with patients.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2008

Dr. Charles Bernstein's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "Yes that bit about drugs sounds about right especially the teens that took Accutane for acne and ended up with crohns"

January 31, 2016
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "I have been a patient of Dr Bernstein's for years and I trust his medical opinion. Not sure where all the "arrogant" and "distant" reviews come from. He has alw..."

July 8, 2015
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "Worst doctor I have EVER dealt with. I will NEVER see him again."

January 1, 2015