You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Charles Bernstein

A very great doctor. Although you may have a log wait in the waiting room, it is worth it to see Dr. Bernstein. He has lots of paitents which can be more severe than your case. He told me word for word 'It may feel like i am rushing to get through you but i see alot of paitents in the day. If you are healthy and your disease is under control for the time being, i wont spend much time with you. If you are having a bad flare and symptoms, know that you will get my time and we will get you back on your feet." I just moved from Childrens Hospital to Health Sciences and I was scared to see him for the first time because of the terrible reviews i read on here, but i have not yet had a bad experience with him, infact i've only experienced his caring, soft side. He has scoped me once and he made it an easy process, he explained everything to me before he started. His nursing staff is also really great, they have returned my calls quickly.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2016

Although Dr Bernstein appeared to be knowledgeable, I spent three hours in the office. I spoke with his ignorant Fellow first, and through snap judgments they both quickly dismissed my concerns. Also, the Fellow seemed to enjoy trying to disprove my symptoms. I left in tears...totally discouraged and upset. I wish that there was an ounce of understanding from the two of them...if only they suffered with the pain, fevers, chills, bleeding, diarrhea, fistulas, joint pain, fatigue...maybe then they, as specialists would attempt to actually help instead of being dismissive and ignorant. Perhaps his Fellow should quickly adjust his shitty attitude before he goes into practice for himself...I personally wouldn't go to him again! Maybe they both could use some Cognitive Behavioral Therapy!

flag | Submitted February 11, 2016

flag | Submitted January 31, 2016

I have been a patient of Dr Bernstein's for years and I trust his medical opinion. Not sure where all the "arrogant" and "distant" reviews come from. He has always been smiling, joking and yet professional when I've seen him, especially when doing scopes. The wait in the waiting room is always long but if you have questions he will take the time to answer them and reassure you.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2015

Worst doctor I have EVER dealt with. I will NEVER see him again.

Submitted January 1, 2015

I would have died if I had listened to Bernstein and not gotten a second opinion. He did not take my concerns seriously and did not listen to me. He also was incredibly arrogant and rude. He would not even look at me when I spoke to him. I could have bled to death and nearly needed a blood transfusion by the time I saw a different dr. Thank god I listened to my body and not to him. He diagnosed me as having internal hemorrhoids. I actually had severe ulcerative colitis and nearly died!

flag | Submitted October 25, 2013

Dr. B can come off as a tad distant but he is quite nice overall and is incredibly knowledgeable. I would rather have an arrogant or distant doctor than an incompetent one. He takes the time to listen to how I'm feeling and gives me an idea on what could possibly be going on without worrying me. If a medication doesn't work effectively for then he is perfectly willing to search for other alternatives. (I went through 2 varieties of anti-diarrheal medicine before finding one that worked). I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2011

Although I appreciate that he was the GI to finally diagnose my crohn's, I definitely feel more like a research subject to him than a patient. After trying me on numerous meds that just made me sicker, and being sent to see his useless and ****y resident instead of him 3 times when I kept having problems, I ended up in the ER needing an emergency resection. My surgeon was convinced that had he and his staff been more attentive, my problem would have been dealt with months earlier. I will keep seeing him, but from now on will pester him and his staff to no end to make sure they don't lose any more paper work and test forms. He loses interest in you as soon as you're not on one of his drug trials. Watch out for yourself!

flag | Submitted November 28, 2008

My mom went to see him and he did nothing but treat her like dirt. His staff never calls you back and neither does he. My mom got a sever allergic reaction to a medication he put her on and she ended up going to our family doctor about it. He said to get off of it immedialty and he had never heard of it before. She also contacted the local pharmasist and he said sorry i can't tell you much on it i don't know an overly big amount on it either but i suggest get off of it. This so called dr. does nothing but disrespect his patients and is way too full of himself. *remember there is always someone higher that trained him so do some research. i know i will be for my mom*

flag | Submitted October 9, 2008

No matter how smart he is, his arrogance and poor bedside matter give him no place practicing on patients. he should stay in research where he does his best work.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2008

Dr. Charles Bernstein's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 3.5-star rating has been posted. "A very great doctor. Although you may have a log wait in the waiting room, it is worth it to see Dr. Bernstein. He has lots of paitents which can be more severe..."

April 14, 2016
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "Although Dr Bernstein appeared to be knowledgeable, I spent three hours in the office. I spoke with his ignorant Fellow first, and through snap judgments they b..."

February 11, 2016
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "Yes that bit about drugs sounds about right especially the teens that took Accutane for acne and ended up with crohns"

January 31, 2016
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "I have been a patient of Dr Bernstein's for years and I trust his medical opinion. Not sure where all the "arrogant" and "distant" reviews come from. He has alw..."

July 8, 2015
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "Worst doctor I have EVER dealt with. I will NEVER see him again."

January 1, 2015