Ratings for Dr. Carrol N. Grier

Just a poor experience overall. I was not impressed with the staff; is it too much to ask to be greeted with a smile? Instead, I was made to feel like an inconvenience as a new patient; perhaps the staff were grumpy because they had to process my insurance paperwork, but this is part of their job description, right? My issues are primarily with the dentist who made me feel almost ashamed of myself for allegedly taking poor care of my teeth. She then proceeded to push her expensive treatment plan on me. Sure, I know can do better in terms of hygiene (like most of us), but I have been told by other dentists that I take decent care of my teeth though I may get the occasional cavity. Another red flag is that this dental practice charges fees for extras that are normally complimentary; for example, you have to pay $20-$40 just to have your x-rays mailed to another dentist, which I had to do unfortunately. I had a bad feeling when I walked into the office; I should have trusted my gut.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2014