Ratings for Dr. Benjamin M. Piperno

I'm in my early 40's, went in for simple small umbilical hernia repair consult. Dr. spent less than 10 minutes, flew through explanations, was ready to cut me open. Since i at least have medical experience knew better than to look stuff up. Asked about laparoscopic option and his office said he did not do those...hmmmm, red flag! Asked if I had to do it right away or could wait, office said Dr. did not recommended waiting. Well, something didn't settle right so I followed my gut and got second opinion from Mayo Clinic. Of course I could wait until next year with information on what to look for in case I had an emergency. I was also told hernia was fairly small and if I was planning to get pregnant again might as well wait until after. From my experience, this office (private practice) is all about the $$$. Please do your research first and seek second opinion if not sure.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2015

My mother had surgery on her bowels 2013 for resection of bowels for acute diverticulitis. ..she had wound infection 2× after surgery. .she has now bowel blockage now from this surgery and in pain ..her abdomen is always extended and sore ...he was extremely rude. can't talk to him he acts like a God..he didn't treat her like a human being. .she now needs surgery to repair the blockage...,but she is scared to have it repaired she feels like she would not recover...this dr said he don't make mistakes!!!! Well I am hear to tell you can make mistakes ..she is STILL IN PAIN AND ILL...RUN FROM THIS DOCTOR. .

flag | Submitted June 8, 2015

I have a history of bowel obstruction (X3) now at it again, had ultrasound, showed no blockage, then CT Scan with contrast, showed no blockage, then my Gastroenterologist referred me to a surgeon for laparoscopy surgery, at North Fl Surgeons a Dr Benjamin Piperno, very abrupt and almost rude, right off the bat said he would not do exploratory surgery, he wanted the upper GI Series done and another test that shows if the bowels are functioning right, I'll be going away for about 2 weeks so the test should be completed. I want you to see me in 2 weeks. He wanted to know who removed my Gallbladder, and why didn't I go to him?? As though he didn't want his trip away for 2 weeks to be interrupted, was more important than my well being. Well, here I am bloated, my stomach has the appearance that I am 9 months Pregnant, plus nausea, can't eat! He proceeded to tell me that if these tests were abnormal, he would not do any surgery, he give PILLS. I Left his Ofc, never to see him again!!

flag | Submitted June 23, 2014

I want to say that my father was coherced into having surgery to remove polips from his colon. He did not want to have this surgery, but this doctor led him to believe he would die of cancer. This doctor did surgery on my father and then my father got sick and he gave him medicine for being nauseous. My father told this doctor he did not feel good and was sent home several times. Well, my father fell after his surgery on a Thursday and was sent home and DIED from an infection the Sunday after. This doctor ignored all calls from us. This doctor KILLED my father. My father was in good health and was only 68 years old. When I called and asked how my father died, I was told he had a heart attack. I recieved my father's death certificate and found that my father died of septic shock. My father had an cut that was an inch from where his feces came out. This doctor has taken my father's life and broke our family's lives forever. This man killed my father and then ignored us.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2013