Ratings for Dr. James W. Fetchero

I was set up for an appointment to have a lump removed from my leg. When asked to come back to the waiting room, his staff member warned me that "it's Dr. Fetchero, so he's probably running late." I waited over 45 minutes past my appointment time in the room the size of a closet. His staff was having some sort of party in the office area in which there was balloon popping and loud laughter. I really thought they had forgotten about me. Dr. Fetchero flies through the door and says, "Obviously, I'm running late. I'll be with you soon." I asked how soon. He looks at his watch, "Oh, probably 15 more minutes." He was unapologetic and acted like I was waiting for a coffee date, not a minor surgery. He leaves. 15 more minutes pass. The office staff gets louder. I think, surely, he must have stepped out for his staff to be so unprofessional and loud. Each time a balloon popped it was followed by tons of laughter. By this time, I really think I am at the circus, not a doctor's office. I go out to find out what's going on and how much longer. Tell them it is hard to get ready to be cut when they are being so loud. They all look at me like deer in headlights. They say Dr. Fetchero is with another patient still. So, he's apparently cool with his staff acting like this with patients in vulnerable situations. Dr. Fetchero comes back to the room, laughing and says, "Well I'm only 5 minutes later than I said I would be." I said, "No, you're 65 minutes later." Here's the surreal part (as if I'm not already there) - he begins to ARGUE with me. About how "he is a doctor" and "you don't know his schedule" and "I have to be patient" and "I wouldn't understand because I'm not a doctor." What he doesn't know is I AM a doctor. I tell him I am. He wants to know "what kind" like we are going to have some sort of pecking war. I asked if we are really going to sit here and argue about this, that I just want my surgery done so I can go home. After he widely gestures at me about him being a doctor and me just being a patient some more and continues to argue about how my wait was not really a wait, I stop him and say, "Sir, can we just get this done?" He waves his hand at me dismissively and gruffly says, "Get on the table. I'll be back." I ask you, would you stay after this? I left. Now, I am reporting him. You do not treat patients this way. This man has been doing this too long and has forgotten his oath and his whole office is a zoo.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2018

I went in for an earache. The dr reviewed my file and noticed that i had a cyst on my kidney found a year ago. She advised me to get a follow up CT Scan and through many other tests it was concluded that i had a tumor on my kidney. I have since had my kidney removed and been diagnosed with Stage 3 Renal Cell Carcinoma. Without the special care of the doctor, this could have possibly went unrecognized and I could have ended up with a Stage 4 cancer instead. I am very greatful for having them as my Dr and would recommend them to everyone longing for a little extra care :)

flag | Submitted October 26, 2009

Dr. James W. Fetchero's Credentials

• University Of Osteopathic Medicine And Health Sciences (Grad. 1984)