Ratings for Dr. Michael C. Hickey

I had this doctor from age 18-54. He was awesome. I tried to go see him in Forest. I spent three days in ENT at Victoria Campus in 2014 after my throat closed over. Nobody told me what I had, but I figured it out myself--systemic hookworm disease. There is nothing to be done for it. With respect and love, Gail MacDougall

flag | Submitted June 7, 2017

I have known Dr Hickey for about 35 years. To me, he is the best. He has always been there for me helping in many different illness and troubled times. Thanks, Dr. M. C.Hickey.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2016

Very abrasive. He does not listen very well and can be very arrogant. Has taken me off medication that several doctors including specialist have insisted I needed. Acts like he knows more than the specialists. When seeking help for depression etc due to domestic abuse, he was not very understanding or compassionate and basically made me feel I should just get over it. Made me feel stupid and like it was my own fault. Needs to upgrade/do more research because he has not moved with the times/changes in treatments etc. especially in the area of holistic and naturopathic type treatments. Refuses to even consider that his patient sometimes know what is best for them.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2015

Very rude and actually made me cry rather then help me.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2014

Treated me for hypertension while I was still working .My blood pressure dropped after I retired but whenever I went to office it was high first couple tests then settled. Ask about white coat syndrome he said no such thing. Year later I was rushed to hospital with low BP after fainting. Heart specialist took me off BP meds and said I should not have been on them. Needless to say last time I saw Dr Hickey

flag | Submitted December 25, 2012

Dr. Hickey was my fam doctor from birth until I was 21. I always found if I had a problem and needed in that day. I was able to get it. So that was good, I guess. I was never happy though. I had reoccuring problems and he just didn't know what to do or what it was. He never ordered tests to try and diagnosis. I spent more time in ER. At 21 I switched to a different doctor and immediately the problem was found and treated. I am thankful he isn't my doc anymore and pitty those who are still with him.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2009

I have an anxiety disorder and am actually waiting to find a new Doctor just so I don't have to see Hickey about it. He's impatient beyond belief. Last time I saw him and mentioned a problem I was having (it was serious, I was unable to work because of it) he said: "What do you expect me to do about it?" lol.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2009

I left this doctor after being with him slightly over a year. He can be rude and short and I was thankful for the times he was away and I had to see Dr. Vladers. Dr Hickey's nurse is very rude and on one occasion told me nothing was wrong with me as per my tests and I did not need medication even though I knew something was wrong as per my symptoms. Luckily I went to see a specialist and he did in fact tell me that I should have been treated with medication and he was surprised that Dr. Hickey hadn't treated me for my condition. It was at that point that I chose to find another doctor and was just lucky to get a better one. I think it's time he retires or takes a class in bedside manner and also looks into hiring some new staff as there is no reason on earth for his staff to treat patients with such disrespect. Very disappointed in the service with this family physician.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2009

I have been going to his office for approximately 10 years. Someone younger should be taking over.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2008

Dr. Hickey has been our family doctor for almost 30 years. He has always been there for us. We find him competent and approachable. He has never failed to listen to any of our concerns. When we have needed a referreral to a specialist, he has always found us the best.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2007