Ratings for Dr. David Yap

Dr. Yap is a rare gem at an otherwise awful hospital. I agree with the reviewer below me - other staff at Burnaby General ought to take a page out of his book. Dr. Yap is compassionate and truly cares about your concerns.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2016

Every time I have to be seen in the ER I hope and pray Dr. Yap is the physician on staff. Whenever I've had to attend Burnaby Hospital's ER, Dr. Yap is the one and only doctor who has gone out of his way to get me feeling better. The rest of the staff at BGH could learn a thing or two from him.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2016

Came in at 2:30 AM with intense abdominal pain to the emerg dept while in town. Excellent bedside manner and really portrayed a caring mannerism. Wish I had stayed in Burnaby to get follow up work instead of travelling home. Back home it took a month just to get a damn follow up with the local physicians!

flag | Submitted February 13, 2011

Dr. Yap is awesome. I had an unidentified insect bite that was swollen and very painful. He gave me a prescription for antibiotics and I felt better the very next day.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2010

Awesome ER doctor, I went into the emergency ward with an inflamed sore throat and this man disagnosed it pronto, set me up with some drugs to reduce the swelling and had me out of there feeling a lot better in less than 2 hrs. I would highly recommend this doctor.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2009

Excellent service. Very Professional. Has a good sense of humour and very knowledgeable in his field. I would highly recommend this doctor.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2008

Top notch ER doctor at Burnaby Hospital. I was amazed by his professionalism.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2006