Ratings for Dr. John C. Parker

I was very impressed with the staff and Dr. Parker. He took time to listen to what I had to say and was very personable. He seems to be educated on thyroid disease's. I recommend him to anyone who needs a good doctor.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2015

no follow up as promised despite several requests-however bill was processed quickly

flag | Submitted December 9, 2013

Dr. Parker is very caring and compassionate. He is very knowledgable about thryoid surgery and has a really good bedside manner. He is one of my favorite doctors in Wilmington.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2013

Can never get in to get an appointment. I travel weekly and if I need to reschedule do to MY work...it's another 3 -5 months...Haven't been able to be seen for over one year now..Scheduling system is just for the birds..staff is nit helpful. Even the PA refers back out to the staff..Will be looking for another doctor. He is knowledgable but I just he has too many patients and or involved in too many additional professional interests within and outside of the practice.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2013

Ridiculous making an appointment. I had the flu and was forced to cancel. Office said "keep trying back for another cancellation". Has been months and I am still waiting. Who has time to call every day. Don' want to pay to see the PA . Can't get in, period. Sally is the only one on the ball it seems.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2013

I am a stage 4 breast cancer patient, and have been to many, many doctors in the last 11 years. Dr. Parker is the ONLY doctor who never kept me waiting in all my doctor visits. He stepped into the office right after the nurse closed the door and said, "he'll be right with you." He responded to all my questions and truly knows what he is doing regarding Thyroid conditions. I have several nodules and he is continuing to keep check on them. I feel very confident that if anything arises from this condition that he will be quick to resond. I have recommended him to others as well.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2012

I am a type 1 diabetic, and have been since I was 13 years old. I am 26 now, and after 13 years as a diabetic, I have seen many endocrinologists. Dr. Parker is by far the worst doctor I have ever had. I only saw him for maybe 5 minutes the first appointment that I made with him. Even when I needed to talk to him, and requested him specifically to discuss changing my basal dosage because I was working night shift at the hospital, he never returned my phone call. Every time I made an appointment I was only able to see his PA. Not to discredit her, but there were times where I wanted to see my endocrinologist. I have been needing him to issue a letter of medical necessity so that my insurance will cover the glucometer strips that my pump uses, and he has yet to do so. I requested this months ago, along with a referral because I moved which has not been done either. I have had MANY doctors in my life, but none have been as useless as Dr. John C. Parker of Wilmington Health Endo.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2012

Dr. Parker is honestly the most caring physician I have ever met! He never rushes with his patients, takes time to listen, and has the MOST caring and understanding heart any physician I have EVER had/met. If it had not been for Dr. John C. Parker, I honestly do not feel I would be here today. I was diagnosed with thyroid cancer in 2008 and had my thyroid totally removed. I saw an endocrinologist other than Dr. Parker to begin with, but felt horrific and was not given the treatment or care I felt my body needed. Dr. Parker took me in on an emergency basis (he was booked up for 5 months) and I thank my Heavenly Father for the compassion Dr. Parker had (and still has) to care more about a human being than money to see me immediately. I would not hesitate one split second to recommend Dr. Parker as the BEST ENDOCRINOLOGIST EVER! Thank you Dr. Parker for caring! My family thanks you too! Mary Beth B.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2012

Doctor John Parker is the most understanding, kind brillant and helpful physican I have ever been to. He personally take an interest in your health and takes his time and MOST importantally does not talk down to you and treats you with respect. He could teach other doctors how to have a bedside manner of perfection.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2008

Dr. John C. Parker's Credentials

• University Of North Carolina At Chapel Hill School Of Medicine (Grad. 1997)