Ratings for Dr. Alpa M. Patel

Very thorough and knowledgeable. Spent time with me. Explained things thiroughly

flag | Submitted December 30, 2014

Dr Patel has no interest in listening to what you have to say or what you are experiencing; she talks down to patients and acts as if she is on a pedestal. Extremely rude, spends 2min in room with you. Would not recommend to anyone.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2014

I went to Dr. Patel a few months ago complaining of fatigue and back pain. First, she asked me if I was seeing a psychiatrist. I felt insulted. She looked in my ears, pulled up my shirt slightly in back and quickly glanced, and then ordered an x-ray of my back. She said I had mild arthritis and referred me to physical therapy in the same building (she may be co-owner or full owner?). By the way, on my bill she noted a few moles on my back. I wasn't concerned about moles! Also, she has always charged my husband's and my insurance company for an extended visit even if we're only in there less than 5 minutes. I went to the physical therapist and told him I had already decided to seek a second opinion before starting therapy. Then, I went to a neurologist our pharmacist had suggested my husband see months previously for a serious condition. The three MRIs of my back he ordered showed I had two herniated disks, mild kyphosis, mild scoliosis, and significant lumbar spondylosis.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2008

Dr. Alpa M. Patel's Credentials

• Univ Of Fl Coll Of Med, Gainesville Fl 32610 (Grad. 1998)