Ratings for Dr. Richard Rival

I had my nose done three weeks ago with Dr Rival and I am EXTREMELY happy with the result. My nose look 100 times better than what I could even imagine. The surgery itself is not very easy but easier than what I was thinking. However, Dr. Rival explained what I should expect after the surgery. He very friendly and knowledgeable. My consultations with him couldn't be any better. He took his time to find the best solution possible for my face. I was so scared and nervous before the surgery at the hospital, but he managed to come over to my bed to talk to me and made me calm down. He is not only a good doctor but he is an amazing person as well. If you want to get your nose done, He is by far the best plastic surgeon in Toronto. Nadia, his assistance, is also wonderful. She is so helpful and friendly.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2016

2 years ago I had surgery with Dr R.Rival and was pleased with results at first then later noticed that the bump I had before seemed to return but much smaller! So I waited over a year to see if my nose would change and it didn't, so I went back to Dr. R.Rival. I did a lot of my own research on the issue and im sure it was scare tissue, these types of compications sometimes happen because each individual heals difderently. I was also well informed of the possible compilations of nose surgery prior to surgery by Dr. R.Rival. He again preformed nose surgery on me to fix the issue, and he did this for Free! He is an amazing Doctor I would recommend him to anyone, he makes you feel calm before and after surgery and you can tell that he is a great genuine person.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2016

I went for my first consultation with Dr. Rival in February. I am unsure if I will go back for my second. He is very nice but seemed very rushed and looked at his watch a lot throughout our consultation. I am so afraid to get the surgery because I'm scared I will end up hating the results and he didn't really give me a straight answer or explain what he could do for me. Having said this, he told me that he did not think I needed rhinoplasty surgery and that I had a good nose (I still want one), so I do appreciate his honesty and I truly do not think that he is in it for the money; I think he really cares about doing a proper surgery on suitable candidates. I am considering going back and discussing my options to help me feel better about my nose and see if we can agree on something to fix it :)

flag | Submitted April 18, 2016

I waited to write this review because Dr. Rival kept telling me my nose will be swollen for one year so I waited because I wanted to be fair but it is now one year since I had my nose job and I am extremely disappointed with the results! I look EXACTLY the same!!! My own mother and best friend couldn't tell I had a nose job. I should've known because the surgery lasted all of 45 minutes from start to end and afterwards I had zero bruising. I paid over $8000 (which is a lot of money to me). Everyone who knows about my nose job have old me to ask for a redo.

Submitted April 15, 2016

I had revision rhinoplasty done a few weeks ago and although I still have swelling I am very pleased with my results. Dr Rival is kind, very knowledgeable and confident in what he does. I did a ton of research before deciding on him and he made me feel so comfortable I didn't consult with anyone else. The anaesthisiologist at the Forest Hill clinic is amazing and made me feel so comfortable as I was extremely nervous before surgery. I had very little pain afterwards, only on the first and second days and after that didn't need anything for pain other than Tylenol. It's an uncomfortable procedure but not painful. At my appointment to get my cast removed they took me in right on time so I didn't have to sit around in the waiting room with the cast on my face. Overall I am very pleased with Dr. Rival and can't wait until the swelling goes down more and I can see my final result!

flag | Submitted April 10, 2016

Three years ago I had a failed Rhinoplasty to correct a broken nose that left me quite devastated. My nose was left upturned, over projected, very crooked and unnatural feeling. I had given up on having my nose corrected until I met with Dr. Rival. He listened to all my concerns and was very considerate. He was very realistic and explained what was actually possible. I also decided to have a chin implant at the same time as my revision. Dr. Rival did a great job during surgery. My chin implant looks wonderful and my nose is much improved. The recovery was way better and easier than my previous surgery. I don't feel self-conscious about my appearance anymore and he has restored my self-confidence. It has only been a few months since my surgery and my nose looks natural, I was told it will continue to change for the next year or two as the swelling goes down. I would highly recommend Dr Rival to anyone considering a revision or a chin implant. Nadia is wonderful as well!

flag | Submitted February 22, 2016

I'll go ahead and add to all the positive reviews of Dr. Rival. I had an excellent experience from the beginning to end with Dr Rival. Nadia was lovely and is very quick to answer emails and calls. Dr Rival was very considerate to my needs and ensured that we were on the same page. He has a very calming presence and is a very compassionate doctor.The consultation was very thorough and he took his time with me to understand my needs. The day of my rhinoplasty surgery was blissful ...all the staff and Dr Rival were very kind and reassuring. We talked before the surgery to go over what we were doing and he makes sure to check up on you a few times after surgery to see how you're doing. The recovery was smooth and I am loving the results ! thanks!

flag | Submitted January 22, 2016

I had my nose surgery done by Dr. Rival. It was one of the best and most life changing decisions I have ever made. I am so happy with the results, I get many compliments on it. I put my full confidence in this doctor and would recommend him to anyone wanting any type of cosmetic surgery, especially rhinoplasty. My confidence has grown immensely since the surgery and I have my amazing doctor to thank for that. I highly recommend Dr. Rival

flag | Submitted January 4, 2016

I had spent years pondering whether or not to undergo yet another rhinoplasty procedure. My first experience was extremely unpleasant - the results of which - unsatisfactory. I finally jumped into researching Toronto surgeons out of curiosity and narrowed it down to two. The first surgeon barely spent five minutes with me during my consultation and I was tempted to cancel my appointment with Dr. Rival but I'm so glad I didn't. Whereas the first surgeon left me feeling deflated, Dr. Rival helped alleviate my nerves entirely. He took his time to listen to my concerns and together we came up with the right tweeks to perfect my nose. And he delivered exactly what I expected. My recovery was much swifter than the first surgery and the nurses were wonderful. Two months on, I'm really loving what I see. I'm eager to see what it looks like a year from now. Dr. Rival took his time when he met with me and truly listened to what I was saying. I know this because what I ended up with was exactly what I wanted.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2015

Great Dr. he's very good I'm happy what he did for me ....

flag | Submitted December 11, 2015

Dr. Richard Rival's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Richard Rival graduated with honours from the University of Toronto Medical School in 1989. He went on to complete a 6-year surgical training program in Otolaryngology (Head and Neck Surgery) at the University of California in Los Angeles and the University of Toronto. Today, Dr. Richard Rival is a Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada and a double board-certified facial plastic surgeon serving patients from two conveniently located offices in Toronto and one in Newmarket, ON. Specializing in cosmetic surgery for the face and neck, Dr. Rival is an expert in popular surgical procedures including rhinoplasty, face lift, eyelid surgery, ear surgery, and brow lift. He also offers non-surgical treatments like Botox Cosmetic and dermal fillers. Please visit Dr. Rival’s website for more information and to schedule a consultation!

• University of Toronto (Grad. 1989)