Dr. Richard Rival

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Richard Rival

I chose Dr Rival after consulting over 10 of the top rynoplasty surgeons in Canada and the U.S. I wanted the best knowing that my nose surgery was complicated. The nose was over projected, badly deviated septum, nostril opening were large, the nose was crooked and I had a massive hump that had gotten progressively worse from yrs competing in martial arts. I had my nose broken multiple times. Yes I know that’s a lot! Dr. Rival is an incredible surgeon. He completely fixed all of the issues 100%. I cant believe it. I’ve never looked so good. I’m a large guy and it was as if he sculpted the perfect nose for me out of clay while keeping it natural. Nobody seems to have noticed which is also amazing. I can say only good things about this doctor. Trust me, without a doubt Dr. Rival is the best!

flag | Submitted August 31, 2018

The absolute Best!! Professional, Patient, kind and a good listener........great work done!

flag | Submitted April 29, 2019

Reception staff do not answer the phone. Very pleasant in person, but good luck trying to get a hold of them when you are not standing at the front desk!! Disorganized, either there is too much volume and not enough staff or the staff has poor time management. Considering the cost of most procedures it would be a wise investment to hire or train the staff/gatekeepers in such a manner that clients do not feel ignored or as if they must call repeatedly to get a hold of someone.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2019

I have had several surgeries with Dr. Rival and have found him to be professional and understanding of your needs. Shannon, in the Newmarket office who arranges the appointments is extremely helpful and friendly. All the staff are efficient and caring, and have a dedicated approach to their work. They ensure you have the best aftercare for maximum results. Before I chose Dr. Rival I wasted my time with two other surgeons who didn't have the time or interest to listen to what I wanted. I would use Dr. Rival again for all other procedures in the future as I know his work is the best and leaves you with natural results. Thank you Dr. Rival to you and your amazing team.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2019

I was scared by some of the negative reviews here so I’m glad to be leaving a glowing one for myself! It’s been 8 weeks since my surgery and I’m very happy with my results! Looks very natural and fits right in with my face. Only now, my other features, like my eyes and lips, stand out more! For those considering this procedure, it’s pretty important to have realistic expectations and not expect an absolute perfect result based on what you imagined. However, it’s not unreasonable to trust Dr Rival to create something that works for your face. Also, the first couple of days, you may be very swollen - like I was. It was quite jarring and I was pretty upset the first few days my cast had come off, regretting everything and thinking my nose was “botched.” Patience is the key here. Dr Rival himself was good overall. Professional and very experienced. He’s honest and tells it like it is. My one complaint is I wish he spent more time answering questions and such during the pre-op consultation, as he kind of brushed off my questions and even escorted me out of his office. Not the best bedside manner at that time. However, he is pretty great at responding to questions over email in a detailed and timely manner. So anyway, my advice is to go into this procedure having realistic and reasonable expectations (expect improvement not perfection) and I think you’ll be satisfied. I highly recommend Rival to those considering rhinoplasty. I’m so happy I had this done and think it was worth every penny!

flag | Submitted February 19, 2019

After 20 years of wanting a rhinoplasty, numerous consultations and tons of research over the years, I finally found someone I trusted.... Dr. Rival. Through my extensive research, I found a lot of "generic" work meaning that some surgeons seemed to provide the same results to all their patients regardless of their gender, ethnicity or facial features. I found that Dr.Rival's work was custom to each patient and no 2 noses were alike. This was a huge factor in my decision, plus he did an amazing job on my friend 5 years ago which sealed the deal for me. He is kind and patient, he listened to my wants and expectations, he offered his opinion on things I had never thought of which no other surgeon had discussed with me in the past.Turns out he was right! I am 10 days post op and my nose is absolutley adorable! Never had I ever imagined saying those words but Dr.Rival made it happen. I had minimal or no pain, i did not use any pain meds, my minor scars have healed and disappeared already, my breathing is perfect. No issues whatsoever. Office wait times are very minimal which was a delight, his staff goes above and beyond. My entire experience from my first consultation to my most recent post op visit was top notch! And most importantly, the results are exactly what I expected, if not better. I am so grateful to Dr. Rival and his staff, I am so happy to have finally found him and his team.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2019

Dr. Rival is such a pleasure to deal with. I did a 6 month post op for rynoplasty with him today and my results are amazing. He is the BEST in his field. Couldn’t be happier :)

flag | Submitted January 17, 2019

So unorganized and hard to reach. Trying to arrange a consultation is next to impossible

flag | Submitted January 16, 2019

They never ever answer their phone so don't bother. I called at least 10 times just to book a consultation the last one his secretary picked her phone and hung up immediately . My assumption if they are very dismissive in that manner before they see a patient that means most probably they had done enough damage with others that they need more time to fix it rather than starting newer clientele base hanging up on customers/patients not only unprofessional and unethical , rude and plain commercial it's inhumane and against any medical care Oath you have taken as a surgeon I never ever heard of a surgeon office team like yours Richard ! you better be aware of what your team is doing in the front desk because you like or not the business will go down just by the word of mouth ! and I have read here on this platform that many of your current patients are having extremely hard time reaching out just for a phone call!!! in 2018 a Doctor's office is having communications issues !! You can't even leave a voice message , their answering machine says " If you leave a message it will not be returned " are you ***** Kidding me So why are you in Business !!!

flag | Submitted December 4, 2018

He did my surgery, there were some improvement and some worsening. Expected a bit better, but I guess it could have been worse. The bridge of nose is no longer bumpy but it is know a bit crooked from the front alwhen it was previously straight

flag | Submitted September 30, 2018

Dr. Richard Rival's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Richard Rival graduated with honors from the University of Toronto Medical School in 1989. He went on to complete a 6-year surgical training program in Otolaryngology (Head and Neck Surgery) at the University of California in Los Angeles and the University of Toronto. Today, Dr. Richard Rival is a Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada and a double board-certified facial plastic surgeon serving patients from two conveniently located offices in Toronto and one in Newmarket, ON. Specializing in cosmetic surgery for the face and neck, Dr. Rival is an expert in popular surgical procedures including rhinoplasty, face lift, eyelid surgery, ear surgery, and brow lift. He also offers non-surgical treatments like Botox Cosmetic and dermal fillers. Please visit Dr. Rival’s website for more information and to schedule a consultation!

• English

• University of Toronto (Grad. 1989)

• Rhinoplasty