Ratings for Dr. Richard Rival

I'll go ahead and add to all the positive reviews of Dr. Rival. I had an excellent experience from the beginning to end with Dr Rival. Nadia was lovely and is very quick to answer emails and calls. Dr Rival was very considerate to my needs and ensured that we were on the same page. He has a very calming presence and is a very compassionate doctor.The consultation was very thorough and he took his time with me to understand my needs. The day of my rhinoplasty surgery was blissful ...all the staff and Dr Rival were very kind and reassuring. We talked before the surgery to go over what we were doing and he makes sure to check up on you a few times after surgery to see how you're doing. The recovery was smooth and I am loving the results ! thanks!

flag | Submitted January 22, 2016

I had my nose surgery done by Dr. Rival. It was one of the best and most life changing decisions I have ever made. I am so happy with the results, I get many compliments on it. I put my full confidence in this doctor and would recommend him to anyone wanting any type of cosmetic surgery, especially rhinoplasty. My confidence has grown immensely since the surgery and I have my amazing doctor to thank for that. I highly recommend Dr. Rival

flag | Submitted January 4, 2016

I had spent years pondering whether or not to undergo yet another rhinoplasty procedure. My first experience was extremely unpleasant - the results of which - unsatisfactory. I finally jumped into researching Toronto surgeons out of curiosity and narrowed it down to two. The first surgeon barely spent five minutes with me during my consultation and I was tempted to cancel my appointment with Dr. Rival but I'm so glad I didn't. Whereas the first surgeon left me feeling deflated, Dr. Rival helped alleviate my nerves entirely. He took his time to listen to my concerns and together we came up with the right tweeks to perfect my nose. And he delivered exactly what I expected. My recovery was much swifter than the first surgery and the nurses were wonderful. Two months on, I'm really loving what I see. I'm eager to see what it looks like a year from now. Dr. Rival took his time when he met with me and truly listened to what I was saying. I know this because what I ended up with was exactly what I wanted.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2015

Great Dr. he's very good I'm happy what he did for me ....

flag | Submitted December 11, 2015

I am very happy with the work that Dr. Rival did on my nose. Previously, I underwent a septoplasty with another surgeon (ENT) for my deviated septum that contributed to issues with inhaling and exhaling air. Although my septum was straighened, the outward appearance of my nose especially the tip were negatively affected. I waited 5 years before deciding to schedule a consultation with Dr. Rival. I expressed my concerns with the tip of my nose and a part of the side. Dr. Rival examined my nose and used an app to show me what he thought would be a realistic result that he could achieve. I was happy with that result and booked my surgery with him. After the initial consultation, I mostly interacted with his assistant Nadia to complete the pre-surgical administrative procedures. Nadia was a pleasure to talk to and despite my busy schedule she went above and beyond to accommodate me. I was given a package that included detailed pre and post surgical instructions. The day of my surgery, I was driven to the private clinic location on Eglinton ave and was taken to a very nice and comfortable room. A nurse did an initial assessment of me, then Dr. Rival came to explain the surgery again and the anesthesiologist came to explain the anesthesia portion. After the surgery, I awoke with a nurse next to me. I couldn't believe how little pain I felt and how alert I was. I had to wear a cast on my nose for 5 days after which I went to Dr. Rival's clinic and he removed it.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2015

Dr. Rival and his staff are amazing! I am 20 years old and I had decided to seriously start looking into getting rhinoplasty surgery a few months ago after many years of having been bullied. It caused me great anxiety whenever I went out in public and I even had to deal with depression. I started researching different surgeons and Dr. Rival's reviews were all so positive and I am SO happy with my decision. I had gotten my rhinoplasty surgery in July and I am so pleased with my results thus far and with the entire process, and the healing process went smoothly and so well. Dr. Rival and his staff are very nice and he is very knowledgeable, he is not intimidating at all and makes you feel very comfortable. He listens to what you want and gives great insights and suggestions but never pushes his opinion on you! Overall I am so thrilled with my entire experience, this is something I have always wanted and I am so glad Dr. Rival and his staff could help make this experience great. I highly recommend him!

flag | Submitted November 27, 2015

I had septorhinoplasty surgery with Dr. Rival in June 2015 and I am extremely pleased with the results. I am in my mid-40s and have wanted my nose done since I was in my early teens. My nose had a bump and a long, wider tip that hooked when I smiled and, as a result, I was also particularly sensitive of my profile. I had researched various doctors over the years but did not find one that I fully trusted to do what I wanted. I am so thankful to have found Dr. Rival and that I chose him to do this surgery. During our consultation, he was very knowledgeable, honest and kind. He made me feel at ease and comfortable and I did not feel rushed at all. He took the time to understand my needs and the fact that, at my age, I wanted something very subtle that would not change my look. And the computer imaging he does is so helpful. He explained the procedure and was clear in setting my expectations - both for how my nose would look and for the healing process. It has been 5 months and I have to say that the results have exceeded my expectations! Dr. Rival removed the bump, slightly thinned and shortened the tip and my nose is straight in profile as I had wanted. It is so natural looking and suits my face so well that it looks like the nose I had been born with. No one can tell that I had my nose done but have since received compliments that I look great AND younger! My best compliment (received from someone who knows of my surgery) was that I still look like me. And I think so too, but better! I love my new nose! The entire process – from beginning to end - was handled with care, professionalism and expertise. And Nadia, Dr. Rival’s secretary, is simply wonderful and so efficient: she made all interactions a pleasure. She was always available to quickly answer my questions and was accommodating with appointment times. With regard to my recovery – it was excellent and I healed quickly and experienced very little pain or bruising. I have some swelling but it is not noticeable and is quickly going down as expected. I would happily recommend Dr. Rival to anyone interested in rhinoplasty. It was one of the best decisions I have ever made and have no regrets at all. Dr. Rival is a genius, with incredible skill and talent. Thank you so much, Dr. Rival!!

flag | Submitted November 3, 2015

I am a 50 year old woman and I had a septorhinoplasty done two months ago (July 2015). Dr. Rival did an excellent job! My nose was crooked and I had a bump on it. He made it look natural and many people commented on how great it looked. It really suits my face much so that one would never even know that I had it done. I was concerned about the recovery but I healed quickly and with very little bruising or pain. I was surprised and excited with the outcome. I still have some swelling but it does take months until it goes down. I would highly recommend Dr. Rival to anyone who is deciding on a rhinoplasty procedure. His professionalism , kindness and expertise was what made him the top choice for me. If I had to do it all over again, he would be Dr. I would choose. Thanks to all his staff as well, especially Nadia , his secretary. She was informative and pleasant to talk to at any time. I am very happy with the results!!!!

Submitted September 26, 2015

So far I have been extremely happy with the results of my rhinoplasty. After thoroughly researching different doctors in Toronto, I made the decision to go with Dr. Rival. Once I consulted with him it was relatively clear that he was the right surgeon for me. He made me feel very comfortable and informed, and he understood all of my wishes. He exceeded my expectations and I could not be happier with the results and with him!!!!!!

flag | Submitted September 17, 2015

Great doctor. Gives honest opinions. He does not need your money so will be honest and turn you away if he feels like you do not need to get something done. We need more doctors like him!

flag | Submitted September 14, 2015

Dr. Richard Rival's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• University of Toronto (Grad. 1989)

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I'll go ahead and add to all the positive reviews of Dr. Rival. I had an excellent experience from the beginning to end with Dr Rival. Nadia was lovely and is v..."

January 22, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had my nose surgery done by Dr. Rival. It was one of the best and most life changing decisions I have ever made. I am so happy with the results, I get many co..."

January 4, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had spent years pondering whether or not to undergo yet another rhinoplasty procedure. My first experience was extremely unpleasant - the results of which - u..."

December 18, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Great Dr. he's very good I'm happy what he did for me ...."

December 11, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I am very happy with the work that Dr. Rival did on my nose. Previously, I underwent a septoplasty with another surgeon (ENT) for my deviated septum that contri..."

December 10, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Rival and his staff are amazing! I am 20 years old and I had decided to seriously start looking into getting rhinoplasty surgery a few months ago after many..."

November 27, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had septorhinoplasty surgery with Dr. Rival in June 2015 and I am extremely pleased with the results. I am in my mid-40s and have wanted my nose done since I..."

November 3, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I am a 50 year old woman and I had a septorhinoplasty done two months ago (July 2015). Dr. Rival did an excellent job! My nose was crooked and I had a bump on ..."

September 26, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "So far I have been extremely happy with the results of my rhinoplasty. After thoroughly researching different doctors in Toronto, I made the decision to go with..."

September 17, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Great doctor. Gives honest opinions. He does not need your money so will be honest and turn you away if he feels like you do not need to get something done. We ..."

September 14, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I completed my rhinoplasty procedure just over 3 months ago with Dr. Rival, and let me say that Choosing Dr. Rival for my rhinoplasty procedure was THE BEST dec..."

September 10, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "you know i wonder who is writing these reviews - either he is or his staff is. I had a limited consult with him, booked the surgery because I read stuff on li..."

September 2, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I had a rhinoplasty done by Dr. Rival; AMAZING! Not a single person can tell I have had rhinoplasty. He is very very talented and I recommend him to anyone want..."

August 14, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had a consultation with Dr. Rival today at his Newmarket office and it was a very pleasant experience. The building was easy to find, staff was all very frie..."

July 21, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Finally went through with rhinoplasty after years of looking into it. Dr. Rival had always been my top choice for rhinoplasty but was honestly looking for a goo..."

July 15, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Absolutely everything about my rhinoplasty was perfect. I had it done little over a year ago. Dr. Rival did a superb job! There is a big difference yet no one c..."

July 3, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I had a septorhinoplasty with Dr. Rival just over a week ago. It's only been a week and I can already say that this was the best decision I have ever made. I we..."

June 25, 2015
  • Website has been updated from "http://www.rivalcosmeticsurgery.com" to "http://www.rivalcosmeticsurgery.com/". Postal Code has been updated from "M3H6" to "M5B 1W8". Address has been updated from "None" to "30 Bond Street". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "18662293223".

June 3, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I had a septo-rhinoplasty done almost two years ago. I'm not kidding when I say he is an artist when it comes to noses. Mine looked so natural when it was don..."

May 2, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Extremely nice guy. Had a consultation with him few days ago. Thank you Dr. I appreciate your honest opinion about my situation , it was a pleasure meeting you..."

May 1, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "After doing my research on facial cosmetic surgeons in the GTA, Dr. Rival emerged as the standout. I booked a consultation with him to both hear his thoughts on..."

April 10, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Rival is both an artist and a highly skilled surgeon. My new / refined nose is beautiful. What an incredible business of millimeters where each one counts! ..."

April 9, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I spent a lot of time researching the perfect surgeon for rhinoplasty. Dr. Rival was referred by my family doctor. He was able to talk about the process and s..."

April 2, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "He was the first doctor that popped up on my search , the first doctor I went for consultation and the only doctor I was set on. I couldn't have been happier!!!..."

March 23, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr.Rival performed a revision septorhinoplasty on me this past January. I was not satisfied with my first septorhinoplasty by an ENT in my hometown and was hesi..."

March 12, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Rival did my open septorhinoplasty last week and I got the cast removed earlier today. I'm very satisfied with the results so far, even though it's only bee..."

January 28, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had a closed rinoplasty done last Wednesday and I couldn't be happier with the results even though it hasn't even been a week!!! I'm 23 year old and having th..."

January 20, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I had a REVISION rhinoplasty done by Dr. Rival over a year ago. I had 2 previous rhinoplasty's botched by another Ontario plastic surgeon. My nose had collapsed..."

December 25, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had a close rhinoplasty with Dr Rival in October, it's been about a month and a half since my surgery and I couldn't be happier with the results. I'm still s..."

December 1, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "My experience with Dr. Rival went far beyond my expectations. He ensured to be very realistic in what could be accomplished, and he did exactly as he promised! ..."

November 24, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Rival is the best of the best! I can't tell you how glad I am to have chosen him for my surgery. I had a closed rhinoplasty, chin implant and liposuction to ..."

October 15, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "He takes into account the entire symmetry of your face ...He's an artist!"

October 4, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Rival is truly amazing! I came to him from a different country, and he was very, very helpful and accommodating. I'm a month and slightly over a week post o..."

September 29, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I am extremely impressed with Dr. Rival. He did an amazing job! My nose looks natural and well-proportioned to my face. He had a great understanding of what wa..."

September 12, 2014
  • new location added: Newmarket, ON

September 3, 2013
  • Accepting New Patients changed to "Y"

April 2, 2012
  • City changed from "Newmarket" to "Toronto"

March 23, 2012