Ratings for Dr. Richard Rival

I had my nose done three weeks ago with Dr Rival and I am EXTREMELY happy with the result. My nose look 100 times better than what I could even imagine. The surgery itself is not very easy but easier than what I was thinking. However, Dr. Rival explained what I should expect after the surgery. He very friendly and knowledgeable. My consultations with him couldn't be any better. He took his time to find the best solution possible for my face. I was so scared and nervous before the surgery at the hospital, but he managed to come over to my bed to talk to me and made me calm down. He is not only a good doctor but he is an amazing person as well. If you want to get your nose done, He is by far the best plastic surgeon in Toronto. Nadia, his assistance, is also wonderful. She is so helpful and friendly.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2016

I went for my first consultation with Dr. Rival in February. I am unsure if I will go back for my second. He is very nice but seemed very rushed and looked at his watch a lot throughout our consultation. I am so afraid to get the surgery because I'm scared I will end up hating the results and he didn't really give me a straight answer or explain what he could do for me. Having said this, he told me that he did not think I needed rhinoplasty surgery and that I had a good nose (I still want one), so I do appreciate his honesty and I truly do not think that he is in it for the money; I think he really cares about doing a proper surgery on suitable candidates. I am considering going back and discussing my options to help me feel better about my nose and see if we can agree on something to fix it :)

flag | Submitted April 18, 2016

I waited to write this review because Dr. Rival kept telling me my nose will be swollen for one year so I waited because I wanted to be fair but it is now one year since I had my nose job and I am extremely disappointed with the results! I look EXACTLY the same!!! My own mother and best friend couldn't tell I had a nose job. I should've known because the surgery lasted all of 45 minutes from start to end and afterwards I had zero bruising. I paid over $8000 (which is a lot of money to me). Everyone who knows about my nose job have old me to ask for a redo.

Submitted April 15, 2016

I had revision rhinoplasty done a few weeks ago and although I still have swelling I am very pleased with my results. Dr Rival is kind, very knowledgeable and confident in what he does. I did a ton of research before deciding on him and he made me feel so comfortable I didn't consult with anyone else. The anaesthisiologist at the Forest Hill clinic is amazing and made me feel so comfortable as I was extremely nervous before surgery. I had very little pain afterwards, only on the first and second days and after that didn't need anything for pain other than Tylenol. It's an uncomfortable procedure but not painful. At my appointment to get my cast removed they took me in right on time so I didn't have to sit around in the waiting room with the cast on my face. Overall I am very pleased with Dr. Rival and can't wait until the swelling goes down more and I can see my final result!

flag | Submitted April 10, 2016

Three years ago I had a failed Rhinoplasty to correct a broken nose that left me quite devastated. My nose was left upturned, over projected, very crooked and unnatural feeling. I had given up on having my nose corrected until I met with Dr. Rival. He listened to all my concerns and was very considerate. He was very realistic and explained what was actually possible. I also decided to have a chin implant at the same time as my revision. Dr. Rival did a great job during surgery. My chin implant looks wonderful and my nose is much improved. The recovery was way better and easier than my previous surgery. I don't feel self-conscious about my appearance anymore and he has restored my self-confidence. It has only been a few months since my surgery and my nose looks natural, I was told it will continue to change for the next year or two as the swelling goes down. I would highly recommend Dr Rival to anyone considering a revision or a chin implant. Nadia is wonderful as well!

flag | Submitted February 22, 2016

I'll go ahead and add to all the positive reviews of Dr. Rival. I had an excellent experience from the beginning to end with Dr Rival. Nadia was lovely and is very quick to answer emails and calls. Dr Rival was very considerate to my needs and ensured that we were on the same page. He has a very calming presence and is a very compassionate doctor.The consultation was very thorough and he took his time with me to understand my needs. The day of my rhinoplasty surgery was blissful ...all the staff and Dr Rival were very kind and reassuring. We talked before the surgery to go over what we were doing and he makes sure to check up on you a few times after surgery to see how you're doing. The recovery was smooth and I am loving the results ! thanks!

flag | Submitted January 22, 2016

I had my nose surgery done by Dr. Rival. It was one of the best and most life changing decisions I have ever made. I am so happy with the results, I get many compliments on it. I put my full confidence in this doctor and would recommend him to anyone wanting any type of cosmetic surgery, especially rhinoplasty. My confidence has grown immensely since the surgery and I have my amazing doctor to thank for that. I highly recommend Dr. Rival

flag | Submitted January 4, 2016

I had spent years pondering whether or not to undergo yet another rhinoplasty procedure. My first experience was extremely unpleasant - the results of which - unsatisfactory. I finally jumped into researching Toronto surgeons out of curiosity and narrowed it down to two. The first surgeon barely spent five minutes with me during my consultation and I was tempted to cancel my appointment with Dr. Rival but I'm so glad I didn't. Whereas the first surgeon left me feeling deflated, Dr. Rival helped alleviate my nerves entirely. He took his time to listen to my concerns and together we came up with the right tweeks to perfect my nose. And he delivered exactly what I expected. My recovery was much swifter than the first surgery and the nurses were wonderful. Two months on, I'm really loving what I see. I'm eager to see what it looks like a year from now. Dr. Rival took his time when he met with me and truly listened to what I was saying. I know this because what I ended up with was exactly what I wanted.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2015

Great Dr. he's very good I'm happy what he did for me ....

flag | Submitted December 11, 2015

I am very happy with the work that Dr. Rival did on my nose. Previously, I underwent a septoplasty with another surgeon (ENT) for my deviated septum that contributed to issues with inhaling and exhaling air. Although my septum was straighened, the outward appearance of my nose especially the tip were negatively affected. I waited 5 years before deciding to schedule a consultation with Dr. Rival. I expressed my concerns with the tip of my nose and a part of the side. Dr. Rival examined my nose and used an app to show me what he thought would be a realistic result that he could achieve. I was happy with that result and booked my surgery with him. After the initial consultation, I mostly interacted with his assistant Nadia to complete the pre-surgical administrative procedures. Nadia was a pleasure to talk to and despite my busy schedule she went above and beyond to accommodate me. I was given a package that included detailed pre and post surgical instructions. The day of my surgery, I was driven to the private clinic location on Eglinton ave and was taken to a very nice and comfortable room. A nurse did an initial assessment of me, then Dr. Rival came to explain the surgery again and the anesthesiologist came to explain the anesthesia portion. After the surgery, I awoke with a nurse next to me. I couldn't believe how little pain I felt and how alert I was. I had to wear a cast on my nose for 5 days after which I went to Dr. Rival's clinic and he removed it.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2015

Dr. Richard Rival's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Richard Rival graduated with honours from the University of Toronto Medical School in 1989. He went on to complete a 6-year surgical training program in Otolaryngology (Head and Neck Surgery) at the University of California in Los Angeles and the University of Toronto. Today, Dr. Richard Rival is a Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada and a double board-certified facial plastic surgeon serving patients from two conveniently located offices in Toronto and one in Newmarket, ON. Specializing in cosmetic surgery for the face and neck, Dr. Rival is an expert in popular surgical procedures including rhinoplasty, face lift, eyelid surgery, ear surgery, and brow lift. He also offers non-surgical treatments like Botox Cosmetic and dermal fillers. Please visit Dr. Rival’s website for more information and to schedule a consultation!

• University of Toronto (Grad. 1989)

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I went for my first consultation with Dr. Rival in February. I am unsure if I will go back for my second. He is very nice but seemed very rushed and looked at h..."

April 18, 2016
  • A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "I waited to write this review because Dr. Rival kept telling me my nose will be swollen for one year so I waited because I wanted to be fair but it is now one ..."

April 15, 2016
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I had revision rhinoplasty done a few weeks ago and although I still have swelling I am very pleased with my results. Dr Rival is kind, very knowledgeable and c..."

April 10, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had my nose done three weeks ago with Dr Rival and I am EXTREMELY happy with the result. My nose look 100 times better than what I could even imagine. The su..."

March 11, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Three years ago I had a failed Rhinoplasty to correct a broken nose that left me quite devastated. My nose was left upturned, over projected, very crooked and u..."

February 22, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I'll go ahead and add to all the positive reviews of Dr. Rival. I had an excellent experience from the beginning to end with Dr Rival. Nadia was lovely and is v..."

January 22, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had my nose surgery done by Dr. Rival. It was one of the best and most life changing decisions I have ever made. I am so happy with the results, I get many co..."

January 4, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had spent years pondering whether or not to undergo yet another rhinoplasty procedure. My first experience was extremely unpleasant - the results of which - u..."

December 18, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Great Dr. he's very good I'm happy what he did for me ...."

December 11, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I am very happy with the work that Dr. Rival did on my nose. Previously, I underwent a septoplasty with another surgeon (ENT) for my deviated septum that contri..."

December 10, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Rival and his staff are amazing! I am 20 years old and I had decided to seriously start looking into getting rhinoplasty surgery a few months ago after many..."

November 27, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had septorhinoplasty surgery with Dr. Rival in June 2015 and I am extremely pleased with the results. I am in my mid-40s and have wanted my nose done since I..."

November 3, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I am a 50 year old woman and I had a septorhinoplasty done two months ago (July 2015). Dr. Rival did an excellent job! My nose was crooked and I had a bump on ..."

September 26, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "So far I have been extremely happy with the results of my rhinoplasty. After thoroughly researching different doctors in Toronto, I made the decision to go with..."

September 17, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Great doctor. Gives honest opinions. He does not need your money so will be honest and turn you away if he feels like you do not need to get something done. We ..."

September 14, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I completed my rhinoplasty procedure just over 3 months ago with Dr. Rival, and let me say that Choosing Dr. Rival for my rhinoplasty procedure was THE BEST dec..."

September 10, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "you know i wonder who is writing these reviews - either he is or his staff is. I had a limited consult with him, booked the surgery because I read stuff on li..."

September 2, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I had a rhinoplasty done by Dr. Rival; AMAZING! Not a single person can tell I have had rhinoplasty. He is very very talented and I recommend him to anyone want..."

August 14, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had a consultation with Dr. Rival today at his Newmarket office and it was a very pleasant experience. The building was easy to find, staff was all very frie..."

July 21, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Finally went through with rhinoplasty after years of looking into it. Dr. Rival had always been my top choice for rhinoplasty but was honestly looking for a goo..."

July 15, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Absolutely everything about my rhinoplasty was perfect. I had it done little over a year ago. Dr. Rival did a superb job! There is a big difference yet no one c..."

July 3, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I had a septorhinoplasty with Dr. Rival just over a week ago. It's only been a week and I can already say that this was the best decision I have ever made. I we..."

June 25, 2015
  • Website has been updated from "http://www.rivalcosmeticsurgery.com" to "http://www.rivalcosmeticsurgery.com/". Postal Code has been updated from "M3H6" to "M5B 1W8". Address has been updated from "None" to "30 Bond Street". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "18662293223".

June 3, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I had a septo-rhinoplasty done almost two years ago. I'm not kidding when I say he is an artist when it comes to noses. Mine looked so natural when it was don..."

May 2, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Extremely nice guy. Had a consultation with him few days ago. Thank you Dr. I appreciate your honest opinion about my situation , it was a pleasure meeting you..."

May 1, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "After doing my research on facial cosmetic surgeons in the GTA, Dr. Rival emerged as the standout. I booked a consultation with him to both hear his thoughts on..."

April 10, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Rival is both an artist and a highly skilled surgeon. My new / refined nose is beautiful. What an incredible business of millimeters where each one counts! ..."

April 9, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I spent a lot of time researching the perfect surgeon for rhinoplasty. Dr. Rival was referred by my family doctor. He was able to talk about the process and s..."

April 2, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "He was the first doctor that popped up on my search , the first doctor I went for consultation and the only doctor I was set on. I couldn't have been happier!!!..."

March 23, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr.Rival performed a revision septorhinoplasty on me this past January. I was not satisfied with my first septorhinoplasty by an ENT in my hometown and was hesi..."

March 12, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Rival did my open septorhinoplasty last week and I got the cast removed earlier today. I'm very satisfied with the results so far, even though it's only bee..."

January 28, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had a closed rinoplasty done last Wednesday and I couldn't be happier with the results even though it hasn't even been a week!!! I'm 23 year old and having th..."

January 20, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I had a REVISION rhinoplasty done by Dr. Rival over a year ago. I had 2 previous rhinoplasty's botched by another Ontario plastic surgeon. My nose had collapsed..."

December 25, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had a close rhinoplasty with Dr Rival in October, it's been about a month and a half since my surgery and I couldn't be happier with the results. I'm still s..."

December 1, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "My experience with Dr. Rival went far beyond my expectations. He ensured to be very realistic in what could be accomplished, and he did exactly as he promised! ..."

November 24, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Rival is the best of the best! I can't tell you how glad I am to have chosen him for my surgery. I had a closed rhinoplasty, chin implant and liposuction to ..."

October 15, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "He takes into account the entire symmetry of your face ...He's an artist!"

October 4, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Rival is truly amazing! I came to him from a different country, and he was very, very helpful and accommodating. I'm a month and slightly over a week post o..."

September 29, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I am extremely impressed with Dr. Rival. He did an amazing job! My nose looks natural and well-proportioned to my face. He had a great understanding of what wa..."

September 12, 2014
  • new location added: Newmarket, ON

September 3, 2013
  • Accepting New Patients changed to "Y"

April 2, 2012
  • City changed from "Newmarket" to "Toronto"

March 23, 2012