Dr. Richard Rival

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Richard Rival

I found, and chose, Dr. Rival because of the reviews on various sites and I just wanted to add to the list of great reviews. My general philosophy is that I care more about extraordinary skill than bedside manner, but with Dr. Rival you get both. He listens to your concerns and gracefully and compassionately explains his thoughts - pros, cons, and of course things you couldn't possibly have thought of because you don't have the expertise of someone who does this everyday. He is wickedly smart and his excellent surgical skills mean better outcomes, including a faster and smoother recovery -- and this was definitely true for me. I am so amazed at the difference - very subtle and balanced and --- beautiful. I never would have said that about myself before because of my unfortunate and oversized Jewish nose. I hate to admit it but it boosts my confidence remarkably and that goes a very long way in interactions with other people. Elective surgery can be scary and unreal and you need to know you are in good hands. I was 100% confident that he would do the best he could possibly do. And he did. And I'm so happy.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2016

I generally do not leave comments, but I wanted to share the horrible experience i had with this doctor. The staff for one never pick of there phone and are unable to provide accurate information. Scheduling an appointment is next to impossible. His staff are very unprofessional. He was unable to provide specifics on what he was going to do during the procedure. He was in a rush to get me in and out and did not provide any specific detail. I advise against going here. If your spending this much money go elsewhere.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2018

After waiting almost a year to see him for a sinus problem I finally get an appointment. On the day of the appointment I go and find they'd tried to phone me (I changed my number in September, the referral went in, in July) but they couldn't get a hold of me to tell me he was in meetings all week and had to reschedule. So, I reschedule for 840 the next monday morning. I tell them my name when I get there and Deanna is shocked - she didn't think I'd come back (I was pissed the prior monday and it showed on my face). My name gets called, he asks me why I think I have a sinus infection...I tell him how long I've had it what I'm feeling, he rehashes everything I know and have read about a sinus infection and then asks me if I have migraines...I say yes, not knowing what this has to do with sinus pain - he continues by saying its probably not sinuses at all just really bad migraines. Tells me he's going to set me up with a migraine doctor and a CT scan and shakes my hand. A 5 minute appointment with someone who didn't listen to me or feel my face or really care - just horrible handling... This appointment was 2nd week of April - I'm still waiting to hear back about this migraine doctor. Meanwhile, I've not slept in 3 days because of the pain in my face and body due to my Chronic Sinus Infection.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2018

Dr richard rival is an amazing and skilled doctor. I am sooo happy with my natural results. He is not pushy and extremely kind and caring. He gave me excellent results and You just cant go wrong with him. He is amazing and I am soo thrilled with my results

flag | Submitted April 29, 2018

I had a septorhinoplasty procedure with Dr. Rival in April 2018 and the results have been a complete success. A sports injury in 2009 had left me with a badly deviated septum that, in turn, caused immense breathing difficulty. I had two previous septoplasty procedures in 2010 and 2012 by another surgeon who ruined my nose. He removed far too much cartilage in the second surgery which caused the bridge to collapse in the middle. As a result, I had a deformed , twisted nose and even more difficulties breathing. I saw Dr. Rival for a consultation in Newmarket where he appeared very knowledgeable and explained a logical approach to correcting the issues I had. Following the consultation, a surgery was booked through his staff who were helpful, friendly and informative very step of the way. I was clearly informed about the results that could be obtained and potential risks associated with the procedure. The surgical team at Southlake was extremely professional and the procedure was carried out without complications. It is now only a week following the surgery and I could not be happier with the result. My breathing is now perfect and, for the first time in 9 years since the sports injury, I can now breath out of both nostrils at the same time. The outward appearance of my nose has dramatically improved and has been restored to it's original shape. My nose is now completely balanced inside and out. I expect these results to continually improve as the nose heals and swelling goes down. I will never take the ability to breath for granted. Thank you Dr. Rival!

flag | Submitted April 13, 2018

Dr. Rival is not only a doctor but a sculptist and a true artist. He is a Micheal Angelo ! I had a very ugly and complicated nose. The tip swooped down and at the same time it was bulbous ,fat and the tip then tapered into this skinny parrot's beak. He deprojected my nose , created a beatifully natural bridge and fixed my complicated tip giving me a natural looking beautiful nose that suited me and My face still looked the same just better. People told me that no other doctor could have given me a better nose. That my nose was as successful as can get. I'm very glad I came to Dr Rival. Worth every penny. He is also very polite and nice :)

flag | Submitted April 7, 2018

After years of considering a Rhinoplasty, I decided to use Dr. Rival. I spent a lot of time researching on the internet and I liked the before and after photos that I saw on Dr. Rival's website. I booked a consultation with Dr. Rival and he had excellent bedside manners. I felt very comfortable talking to him. It has been almost a year since my surgery and I do not regret choosing this doctor. He was able to achieve an even better result than I had imagined. He was also very good at telling me to book follow-up visits with him. I saw him three times after my surgery and should have had another appointment with him but his receptionist said she would call me; she never called. I didn't sweat her not calling me for the follow-up like the doctor requested, because I was pleased with the job and I was not having any complications at all. This doctor is not only excellent and talented at what he does but he is personable. Furthermore, the results he achieves are beyond natural looking. I am sincerely thankful for the job he did and very happy I chose him for my surgery.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2018

Years of looking into the idea of having the right doctor to work on my nose, I did a lot of research. I was very afraid and hesitant to have such a procedure done. I was very fortunate to been referred to such a fine surgeon, who took me through the step by step process and also made me feel very comfortable. I am very thrilled and satisfied with the results, and I couldn't have chosen a better doctor to help me through this procedure. I highly recommend Dr. Richard Rival to anyone who is looking into having this done.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2018

I had a round bulbous nose which is the most difficult type of nose to operate on. I had a rhinoplasty 2 years ago and now that all the swelling is gone I love my new nose. The tip is small and looks very realistic.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2018

It has been a a little over a week since I had my rhinoplasty procedure done with Dr. Rival. I would highly recommend Dr. Rival to anyone. He has done excellent work on me; my nose looks natural, and beautiful; it also healed very, very well -there was minimal bruising and swelling. My nose looks exactly like the image that he had altered of me during my consultation. The procedure was expensive, $7910 with tax, but well worth it. My nose looks incredible, it gets better everyday, and I am so happy that I trusted Dr. Rival. He is kind, easy to talk to, and I felt very comfortable. He answered my questions, and he really made sure to understand exactly what I wanted. I really am so happy that I chose Dr. Rival, and I'm just writing this review for anyone else that is considering choosing to have surgery with him. You can trust him.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2018

Dr. Richard Rival's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Richard Rival graduated with honors from the University of Toronto Medical School in 1989. He went on to complete a 6-year surgical training program in Otolaryngology (Head and Neck Surgery) at the University of California in Los Angeles and the University of Toronto. Today, Dr. Richard Rival is a Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada and a double board-certified facial plastic surgeon serving patients from two conveniently located offices in Toronto and one in Newmarket, ON. Specializing in cosmetic surgery for the face and neck, Dr. Rival is an expert in popular surgical procedures including rhinoplasty, face lift, eyelid surgery, ear surgery, and brow lift. He also offers non-surgical treatments like Botox Cosmetic and dermal fillers. Please visit Dr. Rival’s website for more information and to schedule a consultation!

• English

• University of Toronto (Grad. 1989)

• Rhinoplasty