Ratings for Dr. Daniel O'Brien

Dr. O'Brien saved my right eye after a neglected detached retina. It meant him seeing me at 6:00 a.m. at very short notice and he actually apologized to me!!!!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted April 28, 2017

Had my vitrectomy eye surgery in Nov. 2016 and found Dr.O'Brien and his team were the BEST. With over a 6 hour drive to Halifax we were treated exceptionally well by him and his secretary Tina, I would recommend Dr. O'Brien to anyone with eye problem, he is an excellent surgeon.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2017

Excellent, prompt, professional, was very clear in what was needed and what to expect.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2016

Dr O'Brien did both my cataracts....he explained the procedure to me, and everything went very well. I think he's an excellent surgeon.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2016

Dr. O'Brien is an excellent eye doctor and brilliant surgeon. His secretary, Tina, is somewhat slack, though.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2016

Excellent surgeon, I had both cataracts done by Dr. O'Brien and was very very pleased with the results. Dr. O'Brien always explained every clearly and answered any question I had. His assistant Tina is a wonderful and very helpful in making sure patients clearly understand what to prepare for the surgeries.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2016

I was scheduled for a major eye surgery at the VG HOSPITAL in OCTOBER, 2015. Dr. O'Brien informed me that he was confident he could fix my eye with laser surgery; which he did. I was very pleased, and he was very happy with the results. As a result, I was off work for one week as opposed to 5 or 6. Many thanks to Dr. O'Brien. He is a GREAT DOCTOR! Mike, Saint John, N.B.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2015

Excellent surgeon and doctor. Same problems as mentioned in other comments - no call backs; getting through to the reception by phone is next to impossible. I have to exercise persistence with calls to get my father in for follow up appts. We are not done with his treatment yet.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2015

Dr. O'Brien just performed surgery on my mother's only good eye. Actually stopped by the waiting room to tell me how she was doing which was and is great. Very best with a great bedside manner. Excellent dealing with Dr. O'Brien and his staff at his office and the hospital.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2014

I had surgery in Feb 2013 and after a considerable wait for my appointment I was extremely pleased with Dr. O'Brien's with manner and skill. What a kind, soft spoken gentleman. We are so very lucky to have and keep such an excellent Doctor in the Maritimes. Well worth waiting for him.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2013