Ratings for Dr. Daniel O'Brien

Excellent surgeon, I had both cataracts done by Dr. O'Brien and was very very pleased with the results. Dr. O'Brien always explained every clearly and answered any question I had. His assistant Tina is a wonderful and very helpful in making sure patients clearly understand what to prepare for the surgeries.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2016

I was scheduled for a major eye surgery at the VG HOSPITAL in OCTOBER, 2015. Dr. O'Brien informed me that he was confident he could fix my eye with laser surgery; which he did. I was very pleased, and he was very happy with the results. As a result, I was off work for one week as opposed to 5 or 6. Many thanks to Dr. O'Brien. He is a GREAT DOCTOR! Mike, Saint John, N.B.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2015

Excellent surgeon and doctor. Same problems as mentioned in other comments - no call backs; getting through to the reception by phone is next to impossible. I have to exercise persistence with calls to get my father in for follow up appts. We are not done with his treatment yet.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2015

Dr. O'Brien just performed surgery on my mother's only good eye. Actually stopped by the waiting room to tell me how she was doing which was and is great. Very best with a great bedside manner. Excellent dealing with Dr. O'Brien and his staff at his office and the hospital.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2014

I had surgery in Feb 2013 and after a considerable wait for my appointment I was extremely pleased with Dr. O'Brien's with manner and skill. What a kind, soft spoken gentleman. We are so very lucky to have and keep such an excellent Doctor in the Maritimes. Well worth waiting for him.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2013

We've only Met Dr OBrien twice and the second time it was for surgery. He has an excellent bed side manner,but again I have to agree with the above. The admin doesn't answer phone calls or return them and we are still waiting for a check up after surgery,over a month!!!! Just called again today and a replacement receptionist answered who can't even find my file.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2011

He is highly skilled, reliable, kind and caring. We are fortunate to have a world class eye surgeon like him in our country.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2010

Dr Dan is great if you can get to see him, The office help (Tina ) is some thing else very lax in keeping up appointments and follow up ,,can never reach the office by phne when appointments are due and have waited over 6 mos ( late ) , for my check up that is due once a year

flag | Submitted February 25, 2009

This is the single best doctor I have ever been too. He is EXCELLENT. Skilled, highly intelligent, reliable, kind and caring. We are lucky to have him in our community and country.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2007

Dr. O'Brien is very helpful and know his specialty.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2007