Ratings for Dr. Cindy Richardson

Dr. Richardson stole a year of my life away. She kept me under dosed with my thyroid disease. Her bed manner is atrocious, point blank laughed at me for gaining weight. Had to go to a different province and see a different doctor to have my results revealed. She kept me underdosed and I was told to "ride it out" when I was dangerously low. Unbelievable. I want my happiness/energy back (and the weight she mocked me for gone). STAY AWAY FROM HER IF YOU HAVE A THYROID PROBLEM.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2017

Dr.Richardson is very thorough and knowledgeable. She may not sugar coat what she has to say but she treats you with respect and lets you know what's happening. And she calls you if there looks like there is a problem with your blood sugar levels. I appreciate the fact that she doesn't keep you waiting!

flag | Submitted May 17, 2017

Dr. Richardson is most abrasive rude Doctor I have ever seen. Please retire you are not doing anyone any good. Don't go see her a complete waste od time. For the record Doc Rich has no one ever taught you that rolling you eyes at someone is rude.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2017

I was diagnosed with Graves Disease and my Family Doctor referred me to Dr. Richardson. I have never had to wait for the Doctor & Carrie is a joy to deal with. Dr. Richardson was knowledgeable and informative. She walked with me through all the steps and explained what our plan would be and the expected outcomes. When I would tell her that I suspected my numbers were going up she always listened to me. Five years later and appointments every three months I think I have a good handle on what kind of Doctor she is. I would recommend her because of her sense of humor and big heart!

flag | Submitted October 31, 2016

I went to see Dr. Richardson for a second opinion in regards to having the radioactive iodine treatment as I have hyperthyroidism. Dr. Richardson was thorough, informative and knowledgeable. Would I go back to her? Absolutely. Would I recommend her? Absolutely. Dr. Richardson helped eliminate my fear of having the radio active treatment. Therefore I thank her! Also thanks to her medical assistant "Carrie" who was kind and helpful.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2016

Please. Just go to someone else. She is rude. And condescending. And dismisses any ideas you may have or treatment you think you may want to try, or don't want to try. She tried to put me back on Metformin even after I told her I had a bad reaction to it. Stared me down when I told her about my current diet that has completely leveled out my sugars and gotten me off my sugar meds and is causing her to lower my thyroid meds also. But the diet is the issue and all she wants to do is throw pills at me and tell me I'm wrong. Sorry lady. My body. If I've found something that is working. It's working. Stuff it.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2016

Horrible doctor. Don't go to her as she is not helpful or compassionate

flag | Submitted March 31, 2016

Dr Richardson was the 2nd endo Ive seen. She seems knowledgeable once you get over her lack of bedside manner, but once my hyper thyroid event was over she was no longer interested in treating me, even when it swung back to hypo, because my tsh was "normal". Of course I had all symptoms of hypo, I took temps - all low, had severe hair loss, cold, dry skin, low energy, stomach issues, etc. - was told all my symptoms were due to something else. She tested me for gluten intolerance instead of treating my low thyroid. When I was hyper my tsh was watched carefully to be between 1-2 and now at almost 4 it was suddenly fine. I dare anyone to bring her online research, or ask probing questions about your condition. Switching endos now.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2015

Dr Richardson seem so serious but she knows what she's talking about. She takes time to explain things which I really appreciate.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2015

I've been seeing her for 11 years for T1 diabetes. Initially her bedside manner really put me off, but over the years I've gotten used to her/find her less abrupt. She's a great endo and is good at gauging how much intervention her patients need - I feel like she works collaboratively with my disease instead of telling me what to do. It takes a bit to get used to her personality but she's a wonderful doctor.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2014