Ratings for Dr. Peter Adamson

I cannot express how grateful I am to Dr. Adamson and all of his staff for my amazing Rhinoplasty experience. I am a 19 year old female and was extremely nervous and unsure about having the surgery. I did not really know a lot about it. After one appointment with Dr. Adamson, I felt extremely comfortable and confident about going through with the surgery. Dr. Adamson took the time to sit and talk with me, and answer the many questions I had about the surgery, and always gave the most knowledgable and thorough explanations. I really appreciated Dr. Adamson's honesty throughout the whole journey. He was honest about what would look good on my face and also what might look like it had been "worked on." My nose, post-surgery, looks so natural, as though I never had rhinoplasty. I am so happy with my nose. The surgery takes place in Dr. Adamson's beautiful clinic, just a street over from his main office. All of the nurses there made me feel extremely comfortable before and after my surgery. I went home the same day and had NO PAIN whatsoever. I did not even need to take the pain killers that they gave me. The healing process was quick as well. My cast came off after 8 days and the majority of the swelling went down just a few short weeks after that. I cannot believe how easy Dr. Adamson and his staff made this whole process for me. I am so unbelievably happy and I would not even consider going to any other doctors for any future potential surgeries. Dr. Adamson and his staff make you feel like part of their family. I just recently went back for my 5th post-surgery check-up and every time I return to the office, I am greeted with a warm welcome from all of the staff, and I always feel at home there. I would HIGHLY recommend Dr. Adamson to everyone, he truly cares about his patients and he is extremely good at what he does.

flag | Submitted December 30, 2016

I am a 16 year old female and this March I had a rhinoplasty to correct a deviated septum as well as for cosmetic purposes. This is the first surgery I've ever had and I'm so grateful that it was with them because they made everything so comfortable. I have so much respect for all the doctors and nurses and staff who are so dedicated to making you feel welcome and well taken care of. I was a little nervous and the surgery itself took a big toll on me but they assisted with the post op recovery so much. I feel so blessed that I found a doctor who cares so much about his patients and is so dedicated to his work. He did a beautiful job and my nose looks so natural. I will admit I was nervous at first because I was worried I wouldn't look like me anymore but I feel like my face is so much well proportioned now and I can finally feel confident that my nose is not the main focus of my face. I'm so grateful and I truly guarantee you would love the results. Not only is he a professional surgeon but also a true artist.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2017

It has been years that I have wanted to get a rhinoplasty and due to raising children and putting everything and everybody first I decided that if I didn't do it now then it would be never. Went to see a couple of doctors and then decided that Dr Adamson was the right one for me. On our first meeting he explained everything in full and made me feel at ease that I would be in good hands. After surgery I was not surprised about anything because he had explained in detail of what I was going to go through. He did a great job and the compliments that I received from family and friends had confirmed to me that I had picked the right doctor. They all said I looked like the new and improved me and they all wanted to know his name. If anyone out there is contemplating on who to pick because there are so many doctors that perform rhinoplasty and are getting more confused well look no further cause Dr Adamson is your Man, you will not be disappointed.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2017

I had the best rhinoplasty experience at Dr. Adamson's and will be forever grateful to their team for making it a truly seamless process. Prior to having my consultation with him, I was nervous about the idea of having a rhinoplasty and whether it would make me feel too vain or fake looking and was apprehensive about the idea of people knowing about it/judging the decision and what it would say about me. After speaking with him, I felt much more educated on the subject and he alleviated all of my fears surrounding rhinoplasty. Researching on the internet can often increase nerves and make you feel more worried and scared, which is why I want to highlight how important it is to meet with someone like Dr. Adamson who knows what their talking about. One of the best aspects of this experience for me was how focused he and his team were on making sure they achieve a very natural look that would go unnoticed by most people and would suit your face best. Its hard when you want something done to improve your face while simultaneously not wanting people to notice; Dr. Adamson acheived this tiny niche goal perfectly and I would never have done it any other way. I couldn't recommend him more and am so happy with my result. I feel much more confident and obviously notice the difference but no one else has any idea I had the procedure done which is definitely the goal for an overall improved but natural look.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2017

I have been seeing Dr Adamson for over 10 years for botox and fillers. The best way to describe his work is simply genius. Everything he does is very subtle so there is no huge change that others can see at any given time, but I am consistently staying way ahead of the aging. There are things he knows from experience and his incredible knowledge of the anatomy of the face (he does only faces), combined with his sheer artistry, that you just can't get the same results from anyone else. I feel very fortunate to have found him and am always grateful that he provides non-surgical as well as surgical procedures.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2017

My experience with Dr. Adamson has resulted in a very pretty, delicate nose suited perfectly to my thin face. Every visit feels like a family affair, both in office and at his private clinic. I will continue to see him for any issue that may arise in need of cosmetic attention, such as the small cystic bump he recently removed from my neck area. He is a compassionate man and talented surgeon, worthy of your consideration.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2017

I have always had a large insecurity about the bump on my nose, it was never an issue from frontal view but when looking at my face from any other angle the bump was prominent and I felt didn't fit my face. After extensive research on which doctor to choose (also a friend of mine had gone through a rhinoplasty with Doctor Adamson and her results influenced me) I then decided to book a consultation with Doctor Adamson to see exactly what he was all about! The staff and himself are beyond welcoming and helpful I felt at home and never left feeling like my questions were unanswered. I was able to book quickly and within a few weeks I had my surgery and within another week after that all my bruising was gone and the cast was removed! I love my new nose it fits my face I didn't want it completely straight therefor I got a little breakage so there is still an existing very slight bump and my nose itself is much smaller and Im extremely happy with my results. VERY natural which was my #1 concern!! I would recommend Doctor Adamson & Doctor David Sarcu to anyone looking to get a Rhinoplasty that wants not only an amazing execution but an at home feeling that couldn't be more reassuring!

flag | Submitted January 1, 2017

Dr. Peter Adamson is the cosmetic surgeon to go to in Toronto. The very best!

flag | Submitted December 13, 2016

I found Dr. Adamson and his staff to be very knowledgeable and helpful before, during, and after my rhinoplasty (nose) surgery. This was a revision surgery and I am really pleased with the result. He explains everything in detail and answers any questions you may have (and I had a lot)! He really makes sure you understand and are comfortable with the whole process. After having had an initial nose surgery years ago (by another surgeon) to improve the appearance, I realized that, although it was a slight improvement (the hump I had on the bridge of my nose was gone), it was not what I imagined my nose to look like because the tip looked to be just too large and prominent. After having spoken with Dr. Adamson, he explained in detail why and how this may have occurred and reasonable expectations as to what I can expect post-revision surgery. With 100% confidence in him and his team, I decided to go ahead with surgery and I am really pleased I did. The whole process was just amazing. Healing from surgery is not as bad as you think. Him and his nurses give clear instructions for post-op and healing. I didn't even have to take any pain meds they prescribed me. Yes, your nose is stuffed up from the packing for a bit, but it's nothing you can't deal with. Once the packing comes out, swelling goes down, and I was back to work in about a week after surgery. I am so happy with the result, and it has now been 6 months after surgery (it can take up to about a year to see the final result). I really do feel that Dr. Adamson is an honest doctor and tells it to you like it is. You cannot walk in there, show him a photo of a nose you want (like that of a celebrity, let's say) and expect him to give you that nose. No. He clearly explains every nose is absolutely different, and the level of difficulty ranges from person to person. Dr. Adamson said to me that my nose, in particular, was actually one of the most difficult ones to work on because of the amount of scar tissue formed from my previous surgery years ago, as well as the fact that my skin is very hard to manipulate as it is very thick (due to european genetics). Dr. Adamson never guaranteed me a 'perfect nose', and any doctor/surgeon who tells you they can give you that is only telling you what you want to hear and is hungry for your money. Really make sure you do your research. I wish I had seen him for my first nose surgery. My mom is thinking of doing her nose in the future, and will surely put all her trust (and her nose!) in the hands of Dr. Adamson. THANK YOU DR. ADAMSON!! -- PMV

flag | Submitted December 8, 2016

I had a rhinoplasty with Dr. Adamson after seeing the great results a friend of mine had with their own rhinoplasty from him. My new nose is absolutely perfect and I couldn't be happier with the result. Recovery wasn't too bad and I'd go through it ten times over to get the result I did. I've since had another friend go to him for their revision rhinoplasty after seeing my results. One thing I will mention is that if you are looking for Heidi Montag level extreme plastic surgery, he is not your surgeon. His style seems to be natural, subtle, believable changes and I think he makes that clear in the consultation.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2016

Dr. Peter Adamson's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Peter A. Adamson, MD, FRCSC, FACS, is recognized as an international leader in facial plastic surgery. He studied head and neck surgery at the University of Toronto and was awarded the prestigious McLaughlin Fellowship to study cosmetic facial surgery at Tulane University in New Orleans. He established his private practice in Toronto in 1981, and currently has a private clinic in Yorkville in mid-town Toronto. Dr. Adamson is on staff at The Toronto General Hospital in the University Health Network. He is Professor in the Department of Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery and Head of the Division of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at the University of Toronto. Dr. Adamson lectures nationally and internationally on the latest advances in cosmetic facial surgery. He has contributed more than 225 scientific publications to the medical literature, and made hundreds of medical presentations and surgical demonstrations in over 36 countries. Dr. Adamson published Fabulous Faces, the critically acclaimed patient guide to cosmetic facial surgery. Dr. Adamson’s expertise includes eyelid and facelift surgery, cosmetic and reconstructive nasal surgery, revision nasal surgery, endoscopic rejuvenation, laser resurfacing, Botox, and facial fillers as well as other facial plastic surgery procedures. He has served as President of both the Canadian and American Academies of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery and has received numerous honours and awards for his professional contributions. He was instrumental in creating the board examination and is past President of the American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery and current President of the International Board for Certification in Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. He is also President and Founder of the Face the Future™ Foundation, a humanitarian organization that sponsors overseas missions for surgeons to operate on underprivileged children with congenital and traumatic facial deformities.

• English

• University of Toronto (Grad. 1972)

• The Goldman Lecturer. Awarded by Mount Sinai Hospital for innovation in Rhinoplasty Surgery. June 2014
  • Teacher of the Year, Department of Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery, 2014
  • Lifetime Achievement Award, May 2014