Ratings for Dr. Peter Adamson

I spent countless years debating whether or not to go for rhinoplasty, and one of the nagging concerns that I had was that if I did it, whether it was going to look natural or not. I wanted to make sure that I went with a doctor who wasn't going to change my whole face with one fell swoop; and since the nose is right in the centre of the face, the pressure felt high. The moment I stepped into Dr. Adamson's office I felt immediately comfortable that this was a capable and intelligent surgeon. He is conscientious and listened to all my concerns; I wanted to reduce the length of the nose (from profile it stood out more than looking straight on) and smooth the cartilage tip which had a little bump but I didn't want to change the nostril size or too much else. I wanted some of my old nose still with me, just better! This is exactly what he delivered, and I couldn't be more grateful. The healing time was so much faster than I expected, post op I didn't show obvious signs of anything after 3 weeks. Today I feel like the nose that I have now is the nose I've always had, it frames my face more effectively and surprisingly, more people look into my eyes more often! Seems silly, but I honestly think that most of the time the nose was the distraction. The change was subtle and elegant, and my only regret is that I didn't go see him sooner! I would recommend Dr Adamson and his entire team wholeheartedly.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2016

I first saw Dr. ADAMSON six years ago to see about a revision rhinoplasty. My first rhinoplasty was done when I was 16 (29 years ago). Six years ago the cartilage at the tip of my nose was starting to change and twist. Fast forward to May 2016 when I decided to go back to see the doctor because of the same issue only now it was way worse. Dr ADAMSON was so kind and so understanding. His honesty and compassion really helped me make the decision to have the surgery. I felt like he was there for me and took the time to answer all my questions and discuss all of my concerns. I had cartilage from my ear used to build and sculpt the tip of my nose and to help straighten out parts of my bridge. There were no bones broken during the surgery. It was a very difficult 5.5 hour long surgery. For two weeks after I rested, took pain meds, and followed the exact protocol. I had swelling but I did not have any bruising. The man is an artist! Today I am just shy of 6 weeks post op and my nose looks amazing. I still look like me (which was one of my worries) and I am so happy to have the nose that I should have had from day one! Dr ADAMSON is a class act, a sculptor, and a world class surgeon. Don't go anywhere else. His results and care are worth every penny!

flag | Submitted September 10, 2016

Saw dr adamson many years ago for pitted acne he injected artecoll and ten years later it has held up . Very nice classy man.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2016

I had my upper and lower eyelids done, along with a brow lift. The results have far exceeded my expectations. I am age 65 and now have the eyes that my adult children remember from their childhoods. It's taken 10-20 years off my face. The work looks completely natural and I am back to wearing eyeliner and mascara (both impossible before, my eyes were so hooded). An unexpected bonus: I can see so much more now that the excess skin isn't forcing me to walk around with eyes half-closed all the time. Dr. Adamson, his associate and all of his staff were welcoming and very professional. A few caveats, though. I stayed overnight after my procedures, under the care of two great nurses, and had a drainage tube for my forehead lift. It was very uncomfortable. The first few days were also painful, and I looked very nasty. I was able to go back to work after two weeks, but needed makeup to cover the swelling and bruising , which took another 3-4 weeks to settle down. It's now been two months and the top of my head is still numb. Every day is better, though. And I would do it all again in a heartbeat.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2016

After having had both surgical and non-surgical procedures performed over the past 12 years with complete satisfaction, I have full trust in Dr. Adamson and would recommend him to anyone. He is skilled as a surgeon and he also has this way about him that makes a patient feel secure and important to him, because when he is with you, he is really with you. His office has a welcoming relaxed atmosphere with a wonderfully warm and professional staff which includes his nurse and right-hand woman -Joanne. It's not a challenge to find positive things to say about Dr. Peter Adamson , the surgeon and the man, and he will always have my thanks and respect.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2016

I had a first consult today with Dr. Adamson. I could not have asked for a better experienced! He is extremely caring... beyond words! Very knowledgeable and helpful!!! I left feeling cared for and in good hands! He went above and beyond his duty as surgeon. I cannot express my gratitude enough!

flag | Submitted May 25, 2016

Surgery is serious business. Dr A and his team provided clear, well thought out information and excellent communications and support. Dr A's work was natural, not pulled, and beyond expectations. I would not trust any other plastic surgeon and am satisfied that the richer fees were well worth it, not just for the result but the peace of mind. Dr A and his staff are all warm, caring and professional. The highest ratings are in order. Only caveat is be aware that the first 3-7 days post op can be challenging but worth the wait.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2016

Dr Adamson is an absolutely phenomenal doc from initial consultation to the final post op meeting. He may be a little on the pricey side, but you get what you pay for! He's taken 10 years off my face and given me a new lease on life. His staff is first rate from Nora and Joanne in the front office, to the wonderful nurses post op. Dr Corson who helped assist, is no doubt going to be a fantastic practioner. All in all, I highly recommend Dr Adamson, you won't be disappointed. He's made me so happy!

flag | Submitted March 15, 2016

Dr. Adamson is a wonderful person with a very caring bedside manner. He is a very experienced and knowledgeable doctor. He has done serveral procedures for me over the last 10 years and to the utmost of my satisfaction. I have complete confidence and trust in Dr. Adamson. I would highly recommend him to anyone looking for any type of cosmetic surgery. I can't thank Dr. Adamson and his staff enough for everything they have done for me.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2015

Dr. P. Adamson has been chosen by me as my doctor referred me to him. His recommendation impressed me. It happened more then 12 years ago. Since then I'm his patient. I had a SMAS done and still enjoy the result. I've tried all procedures offered in his stylish welcoming office and even consider the second SMAS in a year or two. That always a pleasure to be dealing with the staff. They are highly professional , very friendly and helpful.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2015

Dr. Peter Adamson's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Peter A. Adamson, MD, FRCSC, FACS, is recognized as an international leader in facial plastic surgery. He studied head and neck surgery at the University of Toronto and was awarded the prestigious McLaughlin Fellowship to study cosmetic facial surgery at Tulane University in New Orleans. He established his private practice in Toronto in 1981, and currently has a private clinic in Yorkville in mid-town Toronto. Dr. Adamson is on staff at The Toronto General Hospital in the University Health Network. He is Professor in the Department of Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery and Head of the Division of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at the University of Toronto. Dr. Adamson lectures nationally and internationally on the latest advances in cosmetic facial surgery. He has contributed more than 225 scientific publications to the medical literature, and made hundreds of medical presentations and surgical demonstrations in over 36 countries. Dr. Adamson published Fabulous Faces, the critically acclaimed patient guide to cosmetic facial surgery. Dr. Adamson’s expertise includes eyelid and facelift surgery, cosmetic and reconstructive nasal surgery, revision nasal surgery, endoscopic rejuvenation, laser resurfacing, Botox, and facial fillers as well as other facial plastic surgery procedures. He has served as President of both the Canadian and American Academies of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery and has received numerous honours and awards for his professional contributions. He was instrumental in creating the board examination and is past President of the American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery and current President of the International Board for Certification in Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. He is also President and Founder of the Face the Future™ Foundation, a humanitarian organization that sponsors overseas missions for surgeons to operate on underprivileged children with congenital and traumatic facial deformities.

• English

• University of Toronto (Grad. 1972)

• The Goldman Lecturer. Awarded by Mount Sinai Hospital for innovation in Rhinoplasty Surgery. June 2014
  • Teacher of the Year, Department of Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery, 2014
  • Lifetime Achievement Award, May 2014