Ratings for Dr. Peter Adamson

Surgery is serious business. Dr A and his team provided clear, well thought out information and excellent communications and support. Dr A's work was natural, not pulled, and beyond expectations. I would not trust any other plastic surgeon and am satisfied that the richer fees were well worth it, not just for the result but the peace of mind. Dr A and his staff are all warm, caring and professional. The highest ratings are in order. Only caveat is be aware that the first 3-7 days post op can be challenging but worth the wait.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2016

Dr Adamson is an absolutely phenomenal doc from initial consultation to the final post op meeting. He may be a little on the pricey side, but you get what you pay for! He's taken 10 years off my face and given me a new lease on life. His staff is first rate from Nora and Joanne in the front office, to the wonderful nurses post op. Dr Corson who helped assist, is no doubt going to be a fantastic practioner. All in all, I highly recommend Dr Adamson, you won't be disappointed. He's made me so happy!

flag | Submitted March 15, 2016

Dr. Adamson is a wonderful person with a very caring bedside manner. He is a very experienced and knowledgeable doctor. He has done serveral procedures for me over the last 10 years and to the utmost of my satisfaction. I have complete confidence and trust in Dr. Adamson. I would highly recommend him to anyone looking for any type of cosmetic surgery. I can't thank Dr. Adamson and his staff enough for everything they have done for me.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2015

Dr. P. Adamson has been chosen by me as my doctor referred me to him. His recommendation impressed me. It happened more then 12 years ago. Since then I'm his patient. I had a SMAS done and still enjoy the result. I've tried all procedures offered in his stylish welcoming office and even consider the second SMAS in a year or two. That always a pleasure to be dealing with the staff. They are highly professional , very friendly and helpful.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2015

I chose Dr. Adamson as a result of a referral; I saw first-hand the outstanding results of the facelift. There was no 'overdone' or pulled look - it was very natural, with a refreshed, improved look for the patient. When I had my surgery, the staff were very friendly and helpful. They were also thorough when it came to explaining the 'before, during, and after' details – what to expect at each stage. They gave me good tips for a speedy recovery. When I see my before and after photos now I am still amazed and it's been a year since my surgery. I am so much happier now when seeing myself in the mirror! Many thanks to Dr. Adamson and his staff. I would have no hesitation in referring anyone to his office.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2015

Dr. Adamson met with my daughter when she was eighteenth over her unhappiness about a very crooked, misshapen nose and her inability to breathe properly. He treated her like an equal and while complimenting her other features, he showed us how he could give her the nose she was meant to be born with. As she was a University student, she was booked right after her last exam of her first term in December. The surgery was extensive and tricky but Dr. Adamson and his team straightened and shaped her nose and repaired the septum. I could not possibly explain how challenging her surgery was, but I was aware that she was in excellent hands of one of the worlds best surgeons and his team. When it is your child you want that assurance and I knew that Dr. Adamson has incredible experience and credentials. The attendants were so kind to my daughter before and after her operation and let me see her right away. Her recovery was not terribly painful and although uncomfortable at first, my daughter was only on painkillers for the evening of the surgery. We stayed in a nearby (affordable) hotel and were able to walk into the clinic the following day to have the packing removed and we made the appropriate follow-up appointments in the weeks to follow. When the bandage was removed just before Christmas I gave my daughter the thumbs up and almost burst into tears of joy for her. From now on she would not sit in a classroom and worry about her profile or feel that boys wouldn't ask her to dance or want to date her. Dr. Adamson and his staff were always so supportive and made us feel welcome during all visits. Dr. Adamson took an interest in my daughter and gave her some important life advise and shared some of his own stories from his University days. Today, a year and a half later, my daughter has a new life and has gained so much confidence. If I shared one memory of Dr. Adamson it would be of him taking time to chat with a very anxious mother (me) after her three hour surgery, and sharing his joy that my daughter would have a better life. It is so true! It was the best money ever spent on my daughter. We visited the staff and Dr. Adamson fourteen months after my daughter's surgery just to show everyone how beautiful the new nose was, then we went out on the town and celebrated. Forever grateful!!! A mom.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2015

Dr Adamson did my rhinoplasty 7 months ago. He is a superb surgeon with unparalleled bedside manner. I could not have asked for a better surgeon. I'm super happy with my result. His staff are very caring and professional. Really enjoyed getting to know Maria. Thank you.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2015

Best facelift surgeon in town. I had my first facelift done a few years ago somewhere else but it didn't last. Dr Adamson did such a beautiful job of making me look refreshed without the pulled look. He is a master surgeon and that's evident by the results he delivers. I would not trust my fave to anyone but him. Wonderful staff as well. Maria makes me feel like family every time I go for a visit ( Botox and filled and facials). Thank you, thank you, thank you.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2015

Dr Adamson did an amazing job of my forehead lift, upper and lower blephs and facelift. There was a lot to go over during consultation and he was very patient and reassured me we won't proceed with surgery unless I had all my questions answered. Surgery went well and my recovery was a bit tough, but I was well prepared for it by him and his staff. I am ecstatic with my result and don't even wanna look at my old pictures . Thank you for making my life so much more enjoyable.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2015

I chose Dr Adamson as my rhinoplasty surgeon for his international reputation in this surgery. I have to say it's the best decision I have ever made. He really listened to my concerns and reviewed his plan with me in detail on two separate occasions. I was so confident in him, but was scared of surgery and my final result. I am now a few months post surgery and I love my new nose. I know it still has some swelling but I was as to go to a wedding after 4 weeks, and I got so many positive comments but no one knew what I had done. I am really grateful to Dr Adamson and his staff. Maria was really sweet and attentive to all my questions. She seemed to have such a wealth of information and would never get sick of my billion questions. Joanne was really kind and thorough with the instructions. I just can't stop saying good things about my experience. My advice: just go with Dr Adamson, he's the BEST.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2015

Dr. Peter Adamson's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Peter A. Adamson, MD, FRCSC, FACS, is recognized as an international leader in facial plastic surgery. He studied head and neck surgery at the University of Toronto and was awarded the prestigious McLaughlin Fellowship to study cosmetic facial surgery at Tulane University in New Orleans. He established his private practice in Toronto in 1981, and currently has a private clinic in Yorkville in mid-town Toronto. Dr. Adamson is on staff at The Toronto General Hospital in the University Health Network. He is Professor in the Department of Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery and Head of the Division of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at the University of Toronto. Dr. Adamson lectures nationally and internationally on the latest advances in cosmetic facial surgery. He has contributed more than 225 scientific publications to the medical literature, and made hundreds of medical presentations and surgical demonstrations in over 36 countries. Dr. Adamson published Fabulous Faces, the critically acclaimed patient guide to cosmetic facial surgery. Dr. Adamson’s expertise includes eyelid and facelift surgery, cosmetic and reconstructive nasal surgery, revision nasal surgery, endoscopic rejuvenation, laser resurfacing, Botox, and facial fillers as well as other facial plastic surgery procedures. He has served as President of both the Canadian and American Academies of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery and has received numerous honours and awards for his professional contributions. He was instrumental in creating the board examination and is past President of the American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery and current President of the International Board for Certification in Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. He is also President and Founder of the Face the Future™ Foundation, a humanitarian organization that sponsors overseas missions for surgeons to operate on underprivileged children with congenital and traumatic facial deformities.

• English

• University of Toronto (Grad. 1972)

• The Goldman Lecturer. Awarded by Mount Sinai Hospital for innovation in Rhinoplasty Surgery. June 2014
  • Teacher of the Year, Department of Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery, 2014
  • Lifetime Achievement Award, May 2014

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Surgery is serious business. Dr A and his team provided clear, well thought out information and excellent communications and support. Dr A's work was natural, n..."

April 6, 2016
    • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Adamson is an absolutely phenomenal doc from initial consultation to the final post op meeting. He may be a little on the pricey side, but you get what you ..."

March 15, 2016
    • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Adamson is a wonderful person with a very caring bedside manner. He is a very experienced and knowledgeable doctor. He has done serveral procedures for me o..."

December 17, 2015
    • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. P. Adamson has been chosen by me as my doctor referred me to him. His recommendation impressed me. It happened more then 12 years ago. Since then I'm his..."

September 15, 2015
    • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I chose Dr. Adamson as a result of a referral; I saw first-hand the outstanding results of the facelift. There was no 'overdone' or pulled look - it was very na..."

September 10, 2015
    • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Adamson met with my daughter when she was eighteenth over her unhappiness about a very crooked, misshapen nose and her inability to breathe properly. He tre..."

July 28, 2015
    • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Adamson did my rhinoplasty 7 months ago. He is a superb surgeon with unparalleled bedside manner. I could not have asked for a better surgeon. I'm super happ..."

July 10, 2015
    • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "He lets his trainee / assistant perform half the surgery... And does NOT inform the client before hand... Charges you full tariff and when you confront him his ..."

July 2, 2015
    • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Best facelift surgeon in town. I had my first facelift done a few years ago somewhere else but it didn't last. Dr Adamson did such a beautiful job of making me ..."

June 30, 2015
    • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Adamson did an amazing job of my forehead lift, upper and lower blephs and facelift. There was a lot to go over during consultation and he was very patient ..."

June 28, 2015
    • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I chose Dr Adamson as my rhinoplasty surgeon for his international reputation in this surgery. I have to say it's the best decision I have ever made. He really ..."

June 27, 2015
    • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Adamson and his team offer world class surgical care. I had my lower eyelids done as well as my chin. He did a new procedure for my lower lids that basicall..."

June 19, 2015
    • Website has been updated from "http://dradamson.com" to "http://dradamson.com/". Postal Code has been updated from "M3H6" to "M5S 2X9". Address has been updated from "None" to "150 Bloor Street West". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "14163233900".

June 3, 2015
    • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Adamson did my rhinoplasty more than fifteen years ago, a facelift a few years later, and now does my botox and filler regularly. I agree with what's been ..."

May 25, 2015
    • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have had two procedures with Dr Adamson over the years - a partial facelift and a blepharoplasty. Both times I received outstanding care from the first appoin..."

May 15, 2015
    • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had my one year visit last week. Dr Adamson. Did a fantastic job on my Rhinoplasty. I had to take a second look at my before pictures to remember my old nose..."

May 3, 2015
    • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Adamson speaks in a quiet, calm and very reassuring manner. He answered all of my questions and I was therefore excited about my procedure. He and his sta..."

April 6, 2015
    • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "amazing rhinoplasty work. so thankful to hear of him"

March 14, 2015
    • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Adamson is truly one of a kind and I feel so fortunate to have found him. I had a rhinoplasty in my teens by another surgeon and results were less than ide..."

March 4, 2015
    • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Had a rhinoplasty, chin implant and otoplasty revision...all separately. My new nose, 10 years ago, changed my life at the time, I felt I became how I felt in..."

February 27, 2015
    • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had an exceptional experience with Dr Adamson and his staff. I had multiple surgeries including a forehead lift, upper eyelid and facelift. I was contemplat..."

February 18, 2015
    • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "In the past ten years, I have had two face lifts both of them performed by Dr. Adamson. Before undergoing the first surgery, with the help of my husband who i..."

January 23, 2015
    • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had my facelift with Dr Adamson. I cannot put into words how thrilled I am with the result. He's a true genius and he has the right team of people to back hi..."

December 3, 2014
    • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had rhinoplasty and chin implant with Dr Adamson and I am extremely happy with my results. He was so detailed during my visits and I was very well prepared by..."

December 2, 2014
    • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Adamson is an outstanding surgeon. He is patient and listens to your concerns. His work is flawless; he is an artist! Dr Adamson has performed several proced..."

December 1, 2014
    • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Adamson performed a face and neck lift on me, as well as upper and lower eyelids. I could not be any happier with my result. His work is second to none in To..."

December 1, 2014
    • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "The absolute BEST rhinoplasty surgeon I had a consultation with in Toronto. I only wish I had found him earlier. It was really convenient that he has his own p..."

November 28, 2014
    • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "There's no one who made me feel more at ease about my rhinoplasty than Dr. Adamson. From my first consultation, I knew he was the doctor for me. The 1.5 hour ap..."

November 23, 2014
    • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "When I saw the before and after pictures of rhinoplasties at Dr Adamson's office, I knew he's the right surgeon for me . He's very honest and even when he was s..."

November 23, 2014
    • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "In the last 12 years that I've been seeing Dt Adamson, he and his team have taken great care of me. He has a sense of beauty and an aesthetic eye which sets him..."

November 23, 2014
    • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "My best friend had her upper eyelids done by Dr. Adamson and she recommended him to me when I started thinking about having my facelift done. Dr. Adamson is a..."

November 21, 2014
    • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Adamson is one a kind and an expert in his field. I did a lot of research before I decided on the right surgeon to do my rhinoplasty. I was really impressed..."

November 21, 2014
    • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Adamson has been a part of my beauty regime for the past 20 years. He's kept me looking good with a combination of Botox, fillers and surgery. What I like ab..."

November 20, 2014
    • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "A true MASTER of his craft, Dr Adamson is a miracle worker in my books. I had a forehead and face lift and I as well as my hair dresser have a hard time findin..."

November 18, 2014
    • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I am extremely pleased with the result of my upper and lower blephs, and face and neck lift. I felt very well taken care of by Dr Adamson and his staff. Recov..."

November 17, 2014
    • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I know Dr. Adamson for more than fifteen years and I am ever glad I went to him. He is not only a gifted surgeon but a true professional, honesty is a main reas..."

November 16, 2014
    • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Adamson is truly a gifted Rhinoplasty surgeon. I booked my surgery with him right away, even though I had 2 more consults scheduled. And I'm so glad I trust..."

November 15, 2014
    • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "YOU should see my LIPS. I love how Dr Adamson does his injections. NATURAL!!!"

November 11, 2014
    • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Three months ago, I had a facelift, upper and lower blepharoplasty, liposuction under my chin and laser surgery around my mouth. I could not be more thrilled w..."

November 11, 2014
    • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "If you're looking for an experienced, caring surgeon who gives you AMAZING RESULTS, look no further. Dr. Adamson performed a forehead lift, upper and lower ble..."

November 9, 2014
    • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Best kept secret in Yorkville. I'm writing this review because I find it is so difficult to find surgeons like Dr Adamson. He did a revision rhinoplasty for me ..."

November 8, 2014
    • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I'm so thrilled with the work Dr Adamson has done for me. I had my upper and lower lids done and a facelift. I could not be happier with the result. I was reall..."

November 7, 2014
    • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "BEST facelift result I could have asked for. It took me 6 years before I could have the courage to go ahead with surgery. When I met Dr Adamson did my consult, ..."

November 3, 2014
    • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I love my new nose!!!! It's only been three months, but most days I forget that I just had surgery. I had very little bruising and pain. I am more confident and..."

November 2, 2014
    • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I recently had lower eyelid surgery by Dr. Adamson of Adamson MD Associates, and I'm beyond pleased with the results. He took the time to explain a number of o..."

October 26, 2014
    • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have been a patient of Dr Adamson for 16 years! He has been my best kept secret for all these years, and my family and friends are always in awe of how "grace..."

October 25, 2014
    • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "Not impressed. A medical student was present during the consultation, which undermined the value of the service in spite of the $$$ consult fee. Made me wonder ..."

October 7, 2014
    • Accepting New Patients changed to "Y"

May 29, 2013