Dr. Peter Adamson

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Peter Adamson

I cannot express how grateful I am to Dr. Adamson and all of his staff for my amazing Rhinoplasty experience. I am a 19 year old female and was extremely nervous and unsure about having the surgery. I did not really know a lot about it. After one appointment with Dr. Adamson, I felt extremely comfortable and confident about going through with the surgery. Dr. Adamson took the time to sit and talk with me, and answer the many questions I had about the surgery, and always gave the most knowledgable and thorough explanations. I really appreciated Dr. Adamson's honesty throughout the whole journey. He was honest about what would look good on my face and also what might look like it had been "worked on." My nose, post-surgery, looks so natural, as though I never had rhinoplasty. I am so happy with my nose. The surgery takes place in Dr. Adamson's beautiful clinic, just a street over from his main office. All of the nurses there made me feel extremely comfortable before and after my surgery. I went home the same day and had NO PAIN whatsoever. I did not even need to take the pain killers that they gave me. The healing process was quick as well. My cast came off after 8 days and the majority of the swelling went down just a few short weeks after that. I cannot believe how easy Dr. Adamson and his staff made this whole process for me. I am so unbelievably happy and I would not even consider going to any other doctors for any future potential surgeries. Dr. Adamson and his staff make you feel like part of their family. I just recently went back for my 5th post-surgery check-up and every time I return to the office, I am greeted with a warm welcome from all of the staff, and I always feel at home there. I would HIGHLY recommend Dr. Adamson to everyone, he truly cares about his patients and he is extremely good at what he does.

flag | Submitted December 30, 2016

Dr. Adamson is an absolute genius. Not only is he a skilled surgeon, but he is a true artist at what he does. From the first day that I met him for my consultation, I walked out knowing I would be proceeding with him. His genuinity and compassion radiates in the very first meeting with him, and he truly cares to get to know his patients. He did not rush me out, and he spent close to 2 hours in my consultation (that's a LONG time in comparison to other consults I went to). His staff and associate, Dr. Carniol, were always on call for any concerns or questions I had pre and post operation. I am absolutely thrilled with my results, and even more so that people cannot tell I had any work done. They tell me "you don't even look like you had a nose job" and that's exactly what I wanted to hear. This is what I meant by artist; he has given me a natural looking nose, without making it appear that it has been worked on. Getting my rhinoplasty done with Dr. Adamson was the best decision and investment I have ever made. Thank you so much!!

flag | Submitted October 3, 2017

In May of 2017 I underwent a rhinoplasty and chin augmentation (chin implant) procedure. As a young adult, the initial decision to explore cosmetic surgery seemed self-centered and a waste of my parent’s money (who would be funding the surgery). Dr. Adamson totally changed my perception of cosmetic surgery. When I originally walked into Dr. Adamson’s office for my consultation, I had this irrational fear that he wouldn’t understand the concerns I had with my nose. I had spent my entire life listening to family and friends tell me “I’m beautiful just the way I am” or that “they had never even noticed my nose.” As much as I appreciated the sentiment, I was frustrated with the lack support and didn’t know whether I had become fixated on a problem that didn’t exist. When I met Dr. Adamson, however, I finally found the objective listener and expert doctor I needed. I knew right away that he would be a good fit for me by the way he listened and asked questions about my intentions: “tell me the story of your nose? When did you start feeling self-conscious about it? How will feel if you undergo a rhinoplasty surgery?” I can’t tell you how refreshing it was to hear someone address my concerns head-on and genuinely listen to my thoughts. Many doctors may ostentatiously lecture you about the medical procedure or their myriad of awards, but Dr. Adamson is a quiet intelligence. He listens to all information, asks questions, analyzes the circumstances and then provides a well-founded answer. My entire consultation was a carefully crafted Q&A. Until…I was sitting behind his desk looking at a photo of my nose, when he commented that my it was out of line with my chin. He recommended that along with the rhinoplasty, he insert a silicone chin implant to enhance my jawline and overall profile. Out of instinct, I immediately terminated the conversation regarding my chin. It was something I had never really noticed before. About half-way through the consultation I knew that I was signing the consent papers and booking a date before I left. And I did. About four months later, I was at his clinic undergoing a rhinoplasty and chin implant from Dr. Adamson. After a lot of rigorous research, I had decided to follow his recommendation. He was simply looking at my face from a geometrical point of view and my chin was so obviously out of line with the rest of my features. I knew it was something I would regret if I didn’t get it done. And to be honest, I trusted Dr. Adamson so much that I would literally let him do anything to my face. I know that may sound naïve or like I’ve fallen under the cosmetic surgery spell, but I truly trust in Dr. Adamson’s medical experience and overall vision—a natural look that enhances your positive features. After a gruelling week of limited sleep, painful stitches, and a few fainting spells, I had my cast taken off. Your nose and chin post cast removal is NOT what they will look like in perpetuity. Everything is swollen, enlarged, and in my case, my lower chin and lip were numb. This numbness concerned me the most because it impaired my speaking and was the first give away to the public that I had had something done. Luckily, within three weeks I could speak normally and the numbness no longer affected any function. Today, I am over the moon with my nose and chin. Many of my friends and family haven’t even noticed I had two surgeries completed. I get more comments like “you’re looking really good lately” and “your eyes are beautiful” rather than “your nose/chin looks different.” This is a testament to Dr. Adamson’s skill as a doctor. For every single client, he crafts a nose that is specific to their face. He will not accommodate any dramatic or “transformative” requests. I really think he likes to change as little as possible to achieve maximum results. This approach isn’t for everyone and you should definitely understand his “vision” before choosing him as a doctor. Look through his portfolio of passed clients. Read reviews. And decide for yourself if you could be happy with a more fine-tuned and authentic look. My sister was interested in undergoing a rhinoplasty as well, and I referred her to Dr. Adamson—with the prevision that she would receive a very natural look. She has now undergone the treatment and looks beautiful! Since my surgery, I now meet new people feeling so much more confident. I don’t shy away from photos with my friends. I use less makeup to “contour” my face. And I feel like this is the nose and chin I was always meant to have. With Dr. Adamson’s unparalleled skill you will look and feel significantly better than before. After the surgery he takes the time to check-in with you in person. Call you if you have any concerns. And facilitate any additional appointments. I now have an exquisitely feminine nose and elegant jawline. My face truly matches how I feel inside—beautiful and happy. Thank you so much Dr. Adamson for this gift of confidence.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2017

I had primary rhinoplasty with Dr. Adamson back in December and am so happy with my results!!! I was so worried that my nose may not turn out exactly how wanted it to look after the surgery, since my nose had been broken several years ago and was no longer straight and had a bump on the bridge from the accident. I had put off the surgery since I was so afraid to have rhinoplasty in case it didn't turn out right. I had seen several other facial surgeons prior to my initial consultation with Dr. Adamson and did not feel comfortable with them, and didn't have a good gut feeling with those other doctors. My intuition told me that the other 2 previous surgeons were not right for me and as soon as I met with Dr. Adamson and saw his work, I knew right away that he was the one who could make my nose look as close to perfection as possible! His work is amazing and looks so natural! He addressed every single concern that I had with my nose and how I wanted it to look. He is a very gifted doctor, since he understands the proportions of the face and how your ethnicity and bone structure is individual for each person. One person's nose may not suit another and he advised me of that when I started showing pictures of other people's noses that I liked. I really trusted him and trusted his experience and knew that he was right. And we worked together on giving me the best nose for my face. After the surgery, I had to be patient but I can now say that I am so happy with my nose! I cannot express enough gratitude and love for Dr. Adamson! He literally changed my life! I am much more confident taking pictures now since my nose is perfectly symmetrical. I only wish I had done this surgery sooner. I was recommended the top 3 facial surgeons for rhinoplasty, but out of all the facial surgeons I met with, I think that Dr. Adamson is the best and that I made the right choice. His associate, Dr. Sarcu was also so amazing and was so great! He was really there for me after my surgery when I was worried or concerned if something didn't feel right. They made me feel cared for and so comfortable and that everything was going to be alright. I listened to everything that Dr. Adamson and his associates advised me to do post surgery and my healing was way ahead of schedule. I really do trust Dr. Adamson and his opinion. Thank you so much Dr. Adamson for changing my life!

flag | Submitted July 27, 2017

I am a 54 year old female. As I celebrate (and I mean CELEBRATE!) my six month surgery anniversary, I want to share my experience with my plastic surgeon. After countless hours of research, I decided to proceed with Dr. Peter Adamson. From the moment I walked in their door, I knew I had made the right choice. He took the time to discuss my expectations , my fears, what to expect post surgery and never once did I feel rushed or pressured. I decided on a facelift, browlift and neck lift and the results are nothing short of amazing. And the best part is that although I get many compliments about how "rested" I look or that I "never age", no one has guessed the work I had done. He is an artist! If you are someone considering plastic surgery, I would strongly recommend Dr. Peter Adamson. He and his staff are a pleasure to deal with and you will quickly feel like family there! I am forever grateful!

flag | Submitted July 20, 2017

Dr. Adamson performed my rhinoplasty 6 weeks ago and I am completely satisfied. From my initial consultation until my required follow ups, Dr. Adamson is a true gentleman & professional with pride in his work. He is a perfectionist & it shows. My nose has a subtle change (no bump & thinner) and suits my face. I've received many compliments and have (& will continue to) recommend Dr. Adamson for anyone who would like complete satisfaction. Hi staff is exceptional as well. Any time I called the office with uncertainties/questions after my surgery, I was treated with sincere care. I never felt that I was a burden. The Cumberland Clinic was also very attentive. I'm 43 years old & this was the first time that I was under anesthesia. The anesthesiologist answered my questions & ensured my that I would be comfortable during surgery & upon waking up. The nurses were patient & understanding. I couldn't be more happier with everything related to my rhinoplasty. I am extremely happy that I chose Dr. Adamson for my rhinoplasty. I am one very grateful person! Thank you again Dr. Adamson & staff!

flag | Submitted July 16, 2017

He is my hero. I was disfigured due to horrible procedure 3 years, but Dr. Adamson fixed it❤️❤️ I'm soooo satisfied :)

flag | Submitted June 23, 2017

I am a 16 year old female and this March I had a rhinoplasty to correct a deviated septum as well as for cosmetic purposes. This is the first surgery I've ever had and I'm so grateful that it was with them because they made everything so comfortable. I have so much respect for all the doctors and nurses and staff who are so dedicated to making you feel welcome and well taken care of. I was a little nervous and the surgery itself took a big toll on me but they assisted with the post op recovery so much. I feel so blessed that I found a doctor who cares so much about his patients and is so dedicated to his work. He did a beautiful job and my nose looks so natural. I will admit I was nervous at first because I was worried I wouldn't look like me anymore but I feel like my face is so much well proportioned now and I can finally feel confident that my nose is not the main focus of my face. I'm so grateful and I truly guarantee you would love the results. Not only is he a professional surgeon but also a true artist.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2017

It has been years that I have wanted to get a rhinoplasty and due to raising children and putting everything and everybody first I decided that if I didn't do it now then it would be never. Went to see a couple of doctors and then decided that Dr Adamson was the right one for me. On our first meeting he explained everything in full and made me feel at ease that I would be in good hands. After surgery I was not surprised about anything because he had explained in detail of what I was going to go through. He did a great job and the compliments that I received from family and friends had confirmed to me that I had picked the right doctor. They all said I looked like the new and improved me and they all wanted to know his name. If anyone out there is contemplating on who to pick because there are so many doctors that perform rhinoplasty and are getting more confused well look no further cause Dr Adamson is your Man, you will not be disappointed.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2017

I had the best rhinoplasty experience at Dr. Adamson's and will be forever grateful to their team for making it a truly seamless process. Prior to having my consultation with him, I was nervous about the idea of having a rhinoplasty and whether it would make me feel too vain or fake looking and was apprehensive about the idea of people knowing about it/judging the decision and what it would say about me. After speaking with him, I felt much more educated on the subject and he alleviated all of my fears surrounding rhinoplasty. Researching on the internet can often increase nerves and make you feel more worried and scared, which is why I want to highlight how important it is to meet with someone like Dr. Adamson who knows what their talking about. One of the best aspects of this experience for me was how focused he and his team were on making sure they achieve a very natural look that would go unnoticed by most people and would suit your face best. Its hard when you want something done to improve your face while simultaneously not wanting people to notice; Dr. Adamson acheived this tiny niche goal perfectly and I would never have done it any other way. I couldn't recommend him more and am so happy with my result. I feel much more confident and obviously notice the difference but no one else has any idea I had the procedure done which is definitely the goal for an overall improved but natural look.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2017

Dr. Peter Adamson's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Peter A. Adamson, MD, FRCSC, FACS, is recognized as an international leader in facial plastic surgery. He studied head and neck surgery at the University of Toronto and was awarded the prestigious McLaughlin Fellowship to study cosmetic facial surgery at Tulane University in New Orleans. He established his private practice in Toronto in 1981, and currently has a private clinic in Yorkville in mid-town Toronto. Dr. Adamson is on staff at The Toronto General Hospital in the University Health Network. He is Professor in the Department of Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery and Head of the Division of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at the University of Toronto. Dr. Adamson lectures nationally and internationally on the latest advances in cosmetic facial surgery. He has contributed more than 225 scientific publications to the medical literature, and made hundreds of medical presentations and surgical demonstrations in over 36 countries. Dr. Adamson published Fabulous Faces, the critically acclaimed patient guide to cosmetic facial surgery. Dr. Adamson’s expertise includes eyelid and facelift surgery, cosmetic and reconstructive nasal surgery, revision nasal surgery, endoscopic rejuvenation, laser resurfacing, Botox, and facial fillers as well as other facial plastic surgery procedures. He has served as President of both the Canadian and American Academies of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery and has received numerous honours and awards for his professional contributions. He was instrumental in creating the board examination and is past President of the American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery and current President of the International Board for Certification in Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. He is also President and Founder of the Face the Future™ Foundation, a humanitarian organization that sponsors overseas missions for surgeons to operate on underprivileged children with congenital and traumatic facial deformities.

• English

• University of Toronto (Grad. 1972)

• The Goldman Lecturer. Awarded by Mount Sinai Hospital for innovation in Rhinoplasty Surgery. June 2014
  • Teacher of the Year, Department of Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery, 2014
  • Lifetime Achievement Award, May 2014