Ratings for Dr. Zhen Hou

I have Sickle Cell Anemia and this is the only I've seen regarding my illness that has treated me with respect and compassion. Dr Hou goes above and beyond to help me.I dont feel stereotyped for having Sickle Cell. There is no words that could express how thankful I am to God for placing him in my path.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2014

Doctor wonderful; staff, patronizing. On last visit, staff scheduled follow-up, gave me appt. card; arrived before office open; staff had no record of appt. Didn't care; when pressed, finally said could 'work me in'; after 1-1/2 wait, I left a message asking doctor to call me. It's been over 2 weeks. Guess he's spread too thin, because they sure didn't give him message. Shameful.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2012

This Doctor has spent more time with me per visit than any other in my 63 years on this Earth. He is courteous, kind and really listens to your concerns and the pains you are describing. I have had to do a lot of research due to poor treatment at another practice in Jacksonville. He is the most knowledgeable Doctor I have met. His diagnosis and recommendations have been spot on. His staff are qualified to take samples from your port. I was stuck multiple times at another practice, when blood samples were required. This is very important as your veins can only take so many sticks before the become unusable due to scaring. It is really upsetting to get multiple sticks when your undergoing chemo.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2009